Guiding in guided games (DBO)

by Maeluu1, North Carolina, Friday, September 29, 2017, 22:13 (2362 days ago)

We need a clan motto and mission statement before we can guide in guided games. ImmortalVagabond and I wanted to guide a nightfall tonight but we're unable to

Guiding in guided games

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 29, 2017, 22:24 (2362 days ago) @ Maeluu1

Tell us a little bit about yourself! Let us Don Draper this for y'all.

Guiding in guided games

by Maeluu1, North Carolina, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 17:23 (2361 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I'm a Pisces, my favorite food is rouladen, and I believe the Oxford comma is essential.

Guiding in guided games

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 19:35 (2361 days ago) @ Maeluu1

I'm a Pisces, my favorite food is rouladen, and I believe the Oxford comma is essential.

a/s/l?

Guiding in guided games

by Maeluu1, North Carolina, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 20:03 (2361 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Is the standard answer still 18/f/california?

lol cute

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 20:14 (2361 days ago) @ Maeluu1

- No text -

Working on it...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 08:19 (2361 days ago) @ Maeluu1

We need a clan motto and mission statement before we can guide in guided games. ImmortalVagabond and I wanted to guide a nightfall tonight but we're unable to

I have been trying to edit those fields since before D2 launched, but it gives me an error saying, "The provided clan name or clan tag is not acceptable, please choose another." There is obviously not anything wrong with our clan name or clan tag so there is something wrong with the system on Bungie's end.

We had decided to wait a few weeks after launch to see if the kinks got worked out on their own (as there have been a number of wonky things related to clans, and some of them got better in the weeks following launch and the clan migration process). But it has probably been long enough now, especially now that I know (as of this morning) that those fields are required to host guided games. Thus, I will be reaching out to BungieHelp to try to get this figured out ASAP.

Working on it...

by Maeluu1, North Carolina, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 08:57 (2361 days ago) @ Speedracer513

We both thought it was funny that we couldn't guide a nightfall because we didn't have a motto.
And somehow it's not surprising to me that something involving clans didn't work as intended for you

Working on it...

by Achronos, Monday, October 02, 2017, 16:12 (2359 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Remove "bungie.net" from your mission statement. That's what's tripping you up.

And yes, the validator is broken and is displaying the wrong error message, that should be fixed soon.

Working on it...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 02, 2017, 16:34 (2359 days ago) @ Achronos

And yes, the validator is broken and is displaying the wrong error message, that should be fixed soon.

Ironically now people will think we are Bungie.net!

Thank you, sir!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 02, 2017, 16:34 (2359 days ago) @ Achronos

- No text -

That totally worked!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 02, 2017, 16:46 (2359 days ago) @ Achronos

Thanks Achronos!

I was going to say, "we'll that's odd, because our XBL and PC clans had the same text, including the "bungie.net"" -- but I double-checked, and they actually didn't. That ".net" was the only thing that was different between the three, so now it makes sense why they worked and the PSN one didn't.

Sorry, Xbox exclusive setting apparently!

by Zero @, Florida, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 21:17 (2361 days ago) @ Maeluu1

- No text -

Muahahaha!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 17:43 (2360 days ago) @ Zero

How's it feel now, PS4-ers!?

Muahahaha!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 18:22 (2360 days ago) @ Beorn

Speaking of which, don't forget to pick up your Trials Engram, PS4 folks! :P

On topic, though, have y'all tried setting up a more generic motto in the meantime? Sammy and I were in the mood to help folks with Nightfall earlier, and seent that our wonderfully competent clan leader has yet to get this issue sorted.

Muahahaha!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 02, 2017, 01:30 (2360 days ago) @ Korny

On topic, though, have y'all tried setting up a more generic motto in the meantime? Sammy and I were in the mood to help folks with Nightfall earlier, and seent that our wonderfully competent clan leader has yet to get this issue sorted.

Here's what's been tried, so people don't feel the need to either belittle Speed's competency, or suggest obvious things that don't work:

- allowing other people admin privs to edit the motto, on the chance that it's a problem with Speed's account
- trying a simple motto (several attempts, everything from one letter up)
- deleting the clan name, and retyping it, on the chance that a stray illegal character was included
- changing the clan name to something that contains none of the phrases of the current clan name

None of these things have worked. Bungie's first line of support (their Help forum) has made suggestions that have not yielded any positive results, and pushed the question up the ladder.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/233740394

This isn't something Speed did wrong. This is a bug in the system, and nobody's been able to figure out how to fix it yet.

Muahahaha!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 02, 2017, 06:41 (2359 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

DBO: We're sweaty but it's more of a personal issue.
DBO: We heard you were looking for a clan and we were looking for a sixth, so, prom?
DBO: Not just a clan, we're a family. A huge dysfunctional family.
DBO: 70% explanation, 25% wiping, 5% Sweet sweet victory.
DBO: If at first you don't succeed, wipe and try again.
DBO: Gamers playing games with gamers for the sake of gaming with gamers.
DBO: We aren't a salty clan, we are perfectly seasoned.

(btw, I totally miss the HBO style page header rotations)

Muahahaha!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 02, 2017, 07:16 (2359 days ago) @ ManKitten

Yeah. If that were to come back I'd personally submit several hundred highly relevant, clever, and amusing tags. :)

Muahahaha!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 02, 2017, 07:43 (2359 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah. If that were to come back I'd personally submit several hundred highly relevant, clever, and amusing tags. :)

DBO: We're very modest! Ask Raga.

;)

DBO: We're not the clan you're looking for.
DBO: Home of the artist formerly known as Louis Wu.
DBO: All your motto are belong to us.

It's not a TERRIBLE idea...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 02, 2017, 10:02 (2359 days ago) @ Kermit

I can't remember why I didn't do it when we started; I think it was as simple as "let's not be lazy and use too many HBO resources".

Dunno. Nobody reads the front page anyway. :)

Chants "Do it! Do it! Do it!"

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 02, 2017, 11:51 (2359 days ago) @ Claude Errera

DBO: Your homepage away from homepage.
DBO: No, not THAT DBO. Wait, we're the only DBO.
DBO: We're on the guest list at Club Errera.
DBO: Never a microtransaction. Occasionally a microaggression.
DBO: #CodyMayOrMayNotBeCannon
DBO: Guardian Down!
DBO: Guardian tested, Vanguard approved.
DBO: Zavala vala bo bala banana fana fo fala. Me my mo mala. Zavala!
DBO: ManKitten didn't realize he was an "old guy."
DBO: Gather 'round kiddies and let Ragashingo learn ya some lore.
DBO: Come for the raid, stay for Chappy's explanations.
DBO: Yes, we are a clan but sometimes we're a clan't.
DBO: The Darkness! The Darkness!
DBO: Frogblast the...fusion core?

omg

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 02, 2017, 12:03 (2359 days ago) @ ManKitten

DBO: Yes, we are a clan but sometimes we're a clan't.

I love this.

Chants "Do it! Do it! Do it!"

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 02, 2017, 16:34 (2359 days ago) @ ManKitten

Something about Taylor Swift.

DBO: Let's just say we're "Taylor not Swift enough"

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 10:21 (2358 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

DBO: All right, one last try

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 02, 2017, 11:19 (2359 days ago) @ ManKitten

DBO: There's a front page?

DBO: Dad Bods Online

Muahahaha!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 02, 2017, 10:51 (2359 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Here's what's been tried, so people don't feel the need to either belittle Speed's competency, or suggest obvious things that don't work:

- allowing other people admin privs to edit the motto, on the chance that it's a problem with Speed's account
- deleting the clan name, and retyping it, on the chance that a stray illegal character was included
- changing the clan name to something that contains none of the phrases of the current clan name

None of these things have worked. Bungie's first line of support (their Help forum) has made suggestions that have not yielded any positive results, and pushed the question up the ladder.

This isn't something Speed did wrong. This is a bug in the system, and nobody's been able to figure out how to fix it yet.

I even coerced Claude into sending a email to one of his moles inside Bellevue - on a Saturday no less! :-)

Muahahaha!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 02, 2017, 11:27 (2359 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I even coerced Claude into sending a email to one of his moles inside Bellevue - on a Saturday no less! :-)

Pro-Tip: When submitting a post asking for help, be sure to detail all of the solutions that you've tried. Otherwise, you'll have someone hop in, make a suggestion, then leave after patting themselves on the back, assuming that they've enlightened you on your error.

Looking on the Bnet post that Claude linked, it looks like that's exactly what happened at first. Fortunately, the help continued, and hopefully that gets resolved now.

Muahahaha!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 02, 2017, 12:06 (2359 days ago) @ Korny

Pro-Tip: When submitting a post asking for help, be sure to detail all of the solutions that you've tried. Otherwise, you'll have someone hop in, make a suggestion, then leave after patting themselves on the back, assuming that they've enlightened you on your error.

Looking on the Bnet post that Claude linked, it looks like that's exactly what happened at first. Fortunately, the help continued, and hopefully that gets resolved now.

It is ALWAYS a fight between "list the issue as succinctly as possible so they don't get bored and leave before you've asked for help" and "let them know what you've done (and not done) so that you don't waste anybody's time". I'm behind the general concept of your pro-tip, but I've had plenty of experience with support staff that stopped reading after the first paragraph (or the first 4 sentences, whichever came first).

But, But XBOX is the one with all the FTB events!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, October 02, 2017, 13:19 (2359 days ago) @ Beorn

Y'all don't even NEED guided games.

It should be fixed! Go try a guided game and report back!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 02, 2017, 16:48 (2359 days ago) @ Maeluu1

- No text -

It should be fixed! Go try a guided game and report back!

by Maeluu1, North Carolina, Monday, October 02, 2017, 19:57 (2359 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Sweet. I'll definitely try it out this week/weekend.

Thank you. You deserve thanks, not ridicule or snark

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 03:38 (2359 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 04:16

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread