Any way to up the character limit here on DBO? (DBO)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 18:57 (3866 days ago)

10000 character limit? Makes having epic discussions and responding to long speculative posts (or posts below) really difficult, especially when quoting sections and replying below the quotes. I just had a hell of a time cutting back 4000 characters to get back to that 10000. This will stifle discussion in the future as Destiny content becomes meatier.

lolwut

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 19:42 (3865 days ago) @ Avateur

Seriously, though, 10k chars is quite a bit. I would recommend splitting your posts in sections of interest and using the 'Subject' section accordingly. Like "On your approach of weapon balancing" or "About Bungie storylines".

It would actually improve readability, IMHO.

+1

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 19:47 (3865 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

lolwut

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 20:19 (3865 days ago) @ ZackDark

My post was nowhere near that many characters. But when quoting someone else who has had plenty to say, there may be plenty to respond to. The post takes into account the characters that are being quoted AND your own. The cutting back of 4000 characters involved a lot of dropping some responses and some points that were previously made from the post that would have actually been more beneficial to context and discussion.

lolwut

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 20:41 (3865 days ago) @ Avateur

Oh, I know. I meant that you could section your replies to each group of quotes. Sometimes I lose track of part of the discussion exactly because some responses to wildly different quotes are grouped within the same posting*.

*heh

lolwut

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, August 29, 2013, 08:13 (3865 days ago) @ ZackDark

Or better yet, instead of a direct quote, you could summarize their main point or just cut down their text to just a specific statement that you're replying to.

lolwut

by kapowaz, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 13:52 (3859 days ago) @ ZackDark

Seriously, though, 10k chars is quite a bit. I would recommend splitting your posts in sections of interest and using the 'Subject' section accordingly. Like "On your approach of weapon balancing" or "About Bungie storylines".

It would actually improve readability, IMHO.

Disagree. Splitting up an article into multiple pages is the kind of crap news sites do to increase page impressions to sate advertisers. In no way does it increase the readability of a longform article. It also interferes with tools like Instapaper where you might want to read a long article offline.

I'm all for people writing up long things on here once Destiny is good and released, and I'm sure 10,000 characters will get hit before long.

50,000 or Death!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 14:53 (3859 days ago) @ kapowaz

I hit 12,000+ just on Speculation Saturday #2, and that was on a topic I had pretty much no information about! This weekend's on The Fallen will probably be a good bit longer. All I'm doing are a few short quotes and a bit of musing on the subject at hand. I'd expect real articles to need many more characters. So uh…

50,000 or Death!
(Note to Leviathan, I need an amazing graphic here. Thanks. :p)

50,000 or Death!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 16:18 (3859 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But the segmentation you did was great. It not only allowed for compartmentalization of responses (such as to refute 'facts', discuss 'informed suppositions' or offer 'rampant speculation').

Not that we used it that way, mind you, but it would be a great idea.

And I meant to divide the responses into 'pages' much in the same way most PC hardware reviews do. Not simply segmentate text, but separate stuff that has almost nothing to do with each other.

50,000 or Death!

by kapowaz, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 01:55 (3858 days ago) @ ZackDark

And I meant to divide the responses into 'pages' much in the same way most PC hardware reviews do. Not simply segmentate text, but separate stuff that has almost nothing to do with each other.

But the only reason they do that is to increase page impressions to satisfy advertisers. It has nothing to do with longform publication (which if you read any from blogs that don't use adverts, you'll notice they never divide into pages).

50,000 or Death!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 21:21 (3858 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I hit 12,000+ just on Speculation Saturday #2, and that was on a topic I had pretty much no information about! This weekend's on The Fallen will probably be a good bit longer. All I'm doing are a few short quotes and a bit of musing on the subject at hand. I'd expect real articles to need many more characters. So uh…

50,000 or Death!

There's no really good reason to limit characters to 10,000 - in fact, it was only set there because it's labeled incorrectly in the forum config files (it says 'email_text_max_length'). I've upped it to 65,000.

WHAT?!

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 21:31 (3858 days ago) @ Claude Errera

There's no really good reason to limit characters to 10,000 - in fact, it was only set there because it's labeled incorrectly in the forum config files (it says 'email_text_max_length'). I've upped it to 65,000.

What is this madness?

Next you're going to tell me we can have forum avatars...

WHAT?!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 21:36 (3858 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

What is this madness?

Next you're going to tell me we can have forum avatars...

Yeah, no.

The chances of that happening are about as good as the chances of the fixed header on the front page going away.

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 21:38 (3858 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

WHAT?!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 21:43 (3858 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah nobody wants no stinking avatars...

Hunters are the best.

WHAT?!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 02:07 (3858 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah nobody wants no stinking avatars...

Hunters are the best.

Asimov spins thoughtfully in approval.

Can't wait for giant signature images.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 22:14 (3858 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

No.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 22:43 (3858 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Maximum avatar size: 80*80 px, 20 KB

by kapowaz, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 01:57 (3858 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Any chance we can…

Okay, maybe too much to ask for in one day. I'll wait ;)

50,000 or Death!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 21:38 (3858 days ago) @ Claude Errera

50,000 or Death!

Too much! Subtract 15,000 and you'll have it. :p

Thank you so much!

by Avateur @, Friday, September 06, 2013, 09:34 (3857 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That's going to make things way better for epic write-ups or speculation or making fun of MacPhisto or who knows what.

Well, I guess that didn't work?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 11:15 (3856 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

At least we got avatars... :p

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 07, 2013, 11:26 (3856 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 15:10 (3856 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

Odd. I didn't find any other parameters that were locked at 10,000.

I'll look again.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 15:14 (3856 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

Odd. I didn't find any other parameters that were locked at 10,000.

I'll look again.

Insteresting. (That sounds better out loud than it reads...)

The proper parameter is no longer displayed in the current admin template; I had to edit it directly in the database.

Fixed now, though. Sorry.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 15:25 (3856 days ago) @ Claude Errera

No worries! I think it's fun, messing with unique, slightly hokey systems to make them work better. The really interesting question is what DID you increase the last time? :)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 15:37 (3856 days ago) @ Ragashingo

No worries! I think it's fun, messing with unique, slightly hokey systems to make them work better. The really interesting question is what DID you increase the last time? :)

Apparently, exactly what it SAID I increased - the maximum size of an email text. (If you click the 'email notification on reply' button, which I've never done, I'm guessing it gives you some idea of where a particular post is, in a thread - and THAT size is limited by the parameter I changed.)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 15:52 (3856 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heh. I've been afraid to click that box. Back a hundred years ago (in internet time at least) I used to click a similar option all the time on the old Ambrosia Software boards. "Who wouldn't want to be emailed when someone replies?" I thought. Then one of the friendly admins contacted me and asked me to stop doing it. As I recall, their website and boards were run off the same server back then, and it was somehow slowing things down each time it had to think about emailing me. :p

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 19:15 (3855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I totally have "e-mail notification on reply of this posting" on all the time, how do you guys think I reply so freakishly fast? It's not because I have nothing better to do then click refresh over and over again on the DBO Forum page hahahahha...haha...*sniff*

65,535 or death, surely?

by kapowaz, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 01:54 (3858 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Brevity is the soul of wit

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 19:47 (3865 days ago) @ Avateur

10000 character limit? Makes having epic discussions and responding to long speculative posts (or posts below) really difficult, especially when quoting sections and replying below the quotes. I just had a hell of a time cutting back 4000 characters to get back to that 10000. This will stifle discussion in the future as Destiny content becomes meatier.

Probably not, and I'm not sure doing so would necessarily be a great idea. While I certainly respect the desire to converse at length about the wonderfulness of being a Bungie fan, gamer, and Destiny follower, 10,000 characters is quite a bit. I like to see the character limit as a built-in editing device. If you really and truly have so much to say that you're running significantly past that limit even after self-editing, then a "(Part 1)/(Part 2)" notation on multiple posts would probably be in order.

(and now I'll have to eat crow when Claude bumps the limit. :) )

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 20:19 (3865 days ago) @ Beorn

See my reply to Zack. Not sure why anyone would want to excuse the limit as "quite a bit" and why anyone would want to limit discussion, no matter the form. I can think of plenty of awesome 4000+ word posts at HBO that led to endless amounts of discussion and mega threads and speculation.

no u

by kapowaz, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 02:58 (3858 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 09:40 (3858 days ago) @ Beorn

Probably not, and I'm not sure doing so would necessarily be a great idea. While I certainly respect the desire to converse at length about the wonderfulness of being a Bungie fan, gamer, and Destiny follower, 10,000 characters is quite a bit. I like to see the character limit as a built-in editing device. If you really and truly have so much to say that you're running significantly past that limit even after self-editing, then a "(Part 1)/(Part 2)" notation on multiple posts would probably be in order.

(and now I'll have to eat crow when Claude bumps the limit. :) )

HBO's character limit was set by the limitations of the original server's version of perl - it would only write 2^16 bytes at a time to disk, so that was the limit of a post.

There are very, very few posts in HBO's 14+ years of existence that use that quantity of characters in a way that made me think "hmm... if we had a lower character limit, I wouldn't have had to look at this." I agree that folks should think about what they write, and that tools that gently help them do that are usually good things... but in this case, I don't think it's the CHARACTER LIMIT that's limiting the quality of posts. :)

Luckily, that value is easily changed, if I'm proven to be wrong. :)

I thnk we shld lmt psts 2 txt msg lngth! LOL! JK! LMAO!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 09:51 (3858 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

diaf kthx bai ;)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 09:53 (3858 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I did consider throwing myself in a fire after writing that.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 10:00 (3858 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

To quote Kosh Naranek:

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 11:05 (3858 days ago) @ Xenos

Good.

Any way to up the character limit here on DBO?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 19:49 (3865 days ago) @ Avateur

Sorry, Avateur, your reign of terror is at an end.

;)

tl;dr

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 20:37 (3865 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

yl;ow lol

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 20:51 (3865 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

A little too much brevity. Try aiming for a middle ground!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 20:53 (3865 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Roflcopter, omgkthxbi *NM*

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 21:37 (3865 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That was better right? :D

No. *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 21:55 (3865 days ago) @ Avateur

Abasakur(PapuaNewGuinea): Oya
Abenaki(MaineUSA,MontrealCanada): Nda
Abenaki(MaineUSA,MontrealCanada): Ôda
Abun(Indonesia): Nde
Acateco(SanMiguelAcatlánGuatemala): K'amaj
Acateco(SanMiguelAcatlánGuatemala): C'am
Achí(BajaVerapazGuatemala): N...taj
Achuar(Ecuador): Tsaa
Adyghe(NWCaucasus): Haw
Adyghe(NWCaucasus): Hawaa
Afar(Ethiopia,Eritrea,Djibouti): Maley
Afrikaans(SouthernAfrica): Nee
AguaCaliente(CaliforniaUSA): Gai
Aguaruna(Peru): Atsá
Aguateco(HuehuetenangoGuatemala): Ci
[Akan,seeAsanteandFante]
Akha(Thailand): Mahnguh
Aklanon(Philippines): Indi
Alabamu(TexasUSA): Ánkobi
Albanian(Albania,Yugoslavia): Jo
Alsacian(AlsaceFrance): Ne
Altai(Russia): Jok
Alyawarr(Australia): Arangkwa
Alyawarr(Australia): -iyanga
Amharic(Ethiopia): Yelem
Amharic(Ethiopia): Aydelem
Amharic(Ethiopia): Aye
Amharic(Ethiopia): Ie
Ami(Australia): Way
Amis(Taiwan): Cuwa
Amuzgo(Oaxaca&GuerreroMexico): Ti
Anindilyakwa(Australia): Nari
[Anishinaabe,seeOjibwe]
Anglo-Saxon(England): Na
Apache(ArizonaUSA): Dah
Apabhramsha(India): Ma
Apuchikwar(India): Poyeda
Arabic(MiddleEast,NorthAfrica): Lay
Arabic(MiddleEast,NorthAfrica): Laa
Arabic(MiddleEast,NorthAfrica): La
Arabic(NorthAfrica): Lela
[Arawak,seeTaino]
Arberesh(HoraeArbereshevetItaly): Jo
Arberesh(SicilyItaly): Jo
Ariti(Brazil): Maiçá
Armenian(Armenia,Russia,MiddleEast): Voch
Armenian[Eastern](Armenia): Che
Aromunian(Greece,Balkans): Nu
Asante(Ghana): Daabí
Ashkun(Afghanistan): Ma
Assyrian(Iran,Iraq,Syria): La
Asturian(Spain): Non
Asturian(Spain): Nun
Atayal(Taiwan): Iyat
Ateso(Uganda): Mam
Auca(Ecuador): Ba
Auca(Ecuador): Wín
[Aukan,seeNdjuka]
Awa(PapuaNewGuinea): Ahqáho
Awa(PapuaNewGuinea): Aqa
Awakabal(Australia): Keawai
Aymará(Bolivia,Peru,Chile): Janiwa
Aymará(Bolivia,Peru,Chile): Janiw
Aymará(Bolivia,Peru,Chile): Jani
Aymará(Bolivia,Peru,Chile): Janixay
Aymará(Bolivia,Peru,Chile): Janixä
AytichaYokuts(CaliforniaUSA): Gatu
Azerbaijani(Azerbaijan,Iran): Yox
[Azeri,seeAzerbaijani]
[Aztec,seeNáhuatl]

Bagandji(Australia): Gila
Bagesu(CentralAfrica): Sinalubiri
Bagesu(CentralAfrica): Ahah
Bakitara(CentralAfrica): Nangwa
Balochi(Pakistan): Enna
Bambara(Mali): Ayi
Bandjalang(Australia): Yagam
Bandjalang(Australia): Yugam
[Bangla,seeBengali]
Bankalachi(USA): Hais
Basabei(CentralAfrica): Katai
Basabei(CentralAfrica): Kutai
[BasaSunda,seeSundanese]
Bashkir(Russia): Yok
Basque(France,Spain): Ez
Batak(Indonesia,Sumatra,Philippines): Daong
[Bavarian,seeGerman(Bavaria): ]
Belorussian(Belarus): Ne
Belorussian(Belarus): Nie
Bemba(Zambia,Congo): Awe
Bengali(India,Bangladesh): Na
Bété(Cameroon): Bobo
Bidyara(Australia): Gara
Biloxi(MississippiValleyUSA): Ni
[Bisayan,seeVisayan]
Bislama(Vanuatu): No
Blackfoot(AlbertaCanada,MontanaUSA): Saa
Bobangi(UpperCongoWestCentralAfrica): Te
Boboda(BurkinaFaso,Mali): Ao
[BoboFing,seeBoboda]
Bojigiab(India): Poi-e
Bosnian(BosniaandHercegovina): Ne
Bosnian(BosniaandHercegovina): Hm
Boyubi(Bolivia): Awíje
Brahui(Afghanistan): All-
Breton(BrittanyFrance): Nann
Breton(BrittanyFrance): Ket
Brigidian(westernIreland): Nope
Bru(Thailand): Taah
Bugi(Indonesia): Mu-
Bugotu(SolomonIslands): Teo
Bukusu(Mt.ElgonKenya): Taawe
Bulgarian(Bulgaria): Ne
Bulu(Cameroon): Momo
Bunaba(Australia): Ngai
Burmese(Myanmar): Mahou'hpu
Burmese(Myanmar): Mahou'pabu
Burarra(Australia): Gala
Burushashki(NorthernPakistan): Bee
Burushashki(NorthernPakistan): Be
Burushashki(NorthernPakistan): [emphatic]Beeya
[Byelorussian,seeBelorussian]

Cahita(UnitedStates): [saidbymen]E
Cahita(UnitedStates): [saidbywomen]Ee
Cahita(CaliforniaUnitedStates): É'e
Cahto[Kato](CaliforniaUnitedStates): Doo-yee
Cahuilla(CaliforniaUnitedStates): Kily
Cahuilla(CaliforniaUnitedStates): E
Cahuilla(CaliforniaUnitedStates): Kí'i
Cakchiquel[Kakchiquel](Guatemala): Ma...ta
Cakchiquel[Kakchiquel](Guatemala): Maan
[Cambodian,seeKhmer]
Cantonese[Chinese](China): Mhai
Cassubian(NorthweastPoland): Nie'
Catalan(Andorra,France,Spain): No
[Cebuano,seeVisayan]
Cham(SoutheastAsia): Ô
Chamorro(Guam): Ahe'
Charagua(Bolivia): Ándi
Chatino(TataltepecMexico): Ná
Chawchila(ChowchillaCaliforniaUSA): Ohò'm
Chechen(NorthernCaucasus): Haan-haan
Chechen(NorthernCaucasus): Haa-ha'
Chechen(NorthernCaucasus): Dac
Chemehuevi(CaliforniaUSA): Ka'c
Chemehuevi(CaliforniaUSA): Ka'cu
Chemehuevi(CaliforniaUSA): Katcokma
Cherokee(NorthAmerica): Tla
Cherokee(NorthAmerica): V'-tla
Cherokee(NorthAmerica): Tla-hv
Cheyenne(UnitedStates): Hová'âháne
Chichewa(SouthAfrica,Malawi): Iyayi
Chichewa(SouthAfrica,Malawi): Iyaye
[Chinese,seeCantonese,Hakka,HoiSan,HokkienandMandarin]
ChinookJargon(NorthAmerica): No
ChinookJargon(NorthAmerica): Halo
ChinookJargon(NorthAmerica): Wake
Chinyanja(Africa): Íài
Chinyanja(Africa): Iyayi
[Chippewa,seeOjibwe]
Chiriguano(Bolivia): Ani
Chitonga(Zambia): Pepe
Choctaw(OklahomaUnitedStates): Keyu
Choctaw(OklahomaUnitedStates): Ahanh
Choctaw(OklahomaUnitedStates): Chikimba
Choctaw(OklahomaUnitedStates): Iksho
Chol(Mexico): Mach
Chol(Mexico): Ma'
Chol(Mexico): Ma'anic

Chontal(Guatemala): [beforeconsonant]Ma
Chontal(Guatemala): [beforevowel]Mach
Chontal(Guatemala): Xá'ñí
Chontal(Guatemala): Hañí
Chorti(Guatemala): Ma
Choynok(CaliforniaUSA): Ohom
ChoynimniYokuts(KingsRiverCalif.USA): K'amu
Chuj(Guatemala): Ma
ChukaiminaYokuts(CaliforniaUSA): K'amu
ChukchansiYokuts(FresnoCaliforniaUSA): Ohóm
Chumash(SantaBarbaraCaliforniaUSA): Sewilx
Chumash(SantaBarbaraCaliforniaUSA): Amo
Chumash(SantaBarbaraCaliforniaUSA): Se
Chumash(SantaCruzCaliforniaUSA): Anictu
Chumash(SantaCruzIslandCaliforniaUSA): Museil
Chumash(SantaYnezCaliforniaUSA): Pwo
Chuvash(Russia): Chuk
ChunutYokuts(CaliforniaUSA): Ohom
Cochimi(Mexico): Nyi
Comanche(UnitedStates): Kai
Comanche(UnitedStates): Keka
Comanche(UnitedStates): Ko
Comanche(UnitedStates): Tocusé
Comori(Comoros): La
Congo(Zaire): Vê
Congo(Cuba): Nani
[Conibo,seeShipibo]
Cora(Mexico): Kai
Cora(Mexico): Kamu
Cora(Mexico): Kepu
Cornish[Kemmyn](GreatBritain): Nageus
Cornish[modern](GreatBritain): Na
Cornish[unified](GreatBritain): Nagusy
Corsican(Corsica): Non
Corsican(Corsica): Innò
Costanoan(MontereyCaliforniaUSA): Kue
Costanoan(SanFranciscoCaliforniaUSA): Akwi
Costanoan(SanJoseCaliforniaUSA): Akwe
Costanoan(SanJuanBautistaCalifornia): Ekwe
Costanoan(SantaClaraCaliforniaUSA): Elekic
Costanoan(SantaCruzCaliforniaUSA): Eka
Cree(Canada): Mwâc
Cree(Canada): Namôya
Cree(Canada): Mola
Creek[Muskogee](UnitedStates): Kus
Creek[Muskogee](UnitedStates): Mónkos
Creek[Muskogee](UnitedStates): Hekúst
Creole(Haiti): Non
[Creole(Seychelles): ,seeSeselwa]
Croatian(Croatia,Bosnia): Ne
Crow(UnitedStates): Sa
Crow(UnitedStates): Su
Crow(UnitedStates): Déta
Czech(CzechRepublic): Ne

Dagaare(Ghana,BurkinaFaso): Ai
Dani(PapuaNewGuinea): Lek
Danish(Denmark,Greenland): Nej
Dawan(WestTimorIndonesia): Kaha'
Dekelh[Lheidli,Saik'uz](Canada): 'Andooh
Dekelh[Nak'albun](Canada): 'Awundooh
[Delaware,seeLenape]
Dhangu(Australia): Yagu
Dhivehi(Maldives): Noon
Diegueno(UnitedStates): Umaaw
Dinka(Sudan): Aliu
Diola(Senegal): Hani
Diyari(Australia): Wata
Djamindjung(Australia): Ngaa
Djamindjung(Australia): Ngawu
Djamindjung(Australia): Guran
Djapu(Australia): Yaga
[Dohema,seeEudeve]
DumnaYokuts(SanJoaquinRiverCal.USA): Ohóm
Dusun(SabahMalaysia): A'ou
Dutch(Netherlands,Belgium): Nee
Dutch(Netherlands,Belgium): Neen
Dyirbal(QueenslandAustralia): Yimba

Ekegusii(Kenya): Aa
Emakhua(Africa): Kha-
Emdimbich(CaliforniaUSA): Gadu
Enga(PapuaNewGuinea): Daá
English(Britain,Australia,America): No
English(America): [informal]Nope
English(America): [informal]Uh-uh
English[Strinedialect](Australia): Nut
English[Texan](TexasUnitedStates): Naw
English[Michiganslang](MichiganUSA): Nah
English[Michiganslang](MichiganUSA): Noway
English[MiddleEnglish](oldBritain): Na
English[oldEnglish](olderBritain): Nese
[Eskimo,seeInuktitutandInuttut]
Esperanto(internationaluse): Ne
Esselen[Henshaw](CaliforniaUSA): Me'-tea
Esselen[Henshaw](CaliforniaUSA): A'na
Esselen[LaPerouse](CaliforniaUSA): Maal
Estonian(Estonia): Ei
Estonian(SaaremaaEstonia): Ep
Estonian(SaaremaaEstonia): Es
Estonian(Viru-NigulaEstonia): Eiba
Estonian(VõrumaaEstonia): Eih
Estonian(VõrumaaEstonia): Õih
Etruscan(oldEurope): Ein
Eudeve(Mexico): Quéta
Even(Russia): Aan
Even(Russia): Aach
Evenki(Russia): Aachin
Ewondo(Cameroun): Koa

Fang(Gabon): Koko
Fante(Ghana,BurkinaFaso): Aaha
Faroese(FaroeIslands): Nei
Farsi[Persian](Iran,Afghanistan): Nah
Farsi(Tajikistan): Ne
Fernandino(SouthernCaliforniaUSA): Xai
Fijian(Fiji): Sega
[Filipino,seeTagalogandVisayan]
Finnish(Finland): Ei
[Flemish,seeDutch(Belgium): ]
Fon(Benin,Togo): Eo
Fore(PapuaNewGuinea): A'a
French(France,Africa,America): Non
Frisian[WesterlauwerFrisian](Germany): Nee
Friulian(Italy): Nò
Fulani[Pular](WestAfrica): Ala
Futuna-Aniwa(Vanuatu): Jikai

Etc…

Character limit too low. Couldn't say "No" in every language

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 22:00 (3865 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Nein. Nothing for something. *NM*

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, August 29, 2013, 06:29 (3865 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I've been lurking www.twitter.com/neinquarterly a lot. It's amazing.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, August 30, 2013, 08:18 (3864 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

You just admitted that Twitter rules. I'm bookmarking the post.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, August 30, 2013, 11:12 (3864 days ago) @ stabbim

Nein Quarterly is amazing. Twitter doesn't deserve him.

:P

tl;dr

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 20:53 (3865 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

Recent events have caused me to unjokingly agree! The char..

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, August 30, 2013, 21:03 (3863 days ago) @ Avateur

Well darn. I just hit the character limit myself… I figured I was going to do it last Saturday but I must have just squeaked through. Not this time though. I'm at 10,051 and was just starting to think about wrapping up. I still have pictures and urls and all the happy, fluffy bits to add. :(

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread