GIF that shows how important Recovery is (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 06, 2017, 09:51 (2387 days ago)

Awesome, thanks!

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:01 (2387 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I have a hard time playing on my titan because my recovery is too low. I get hit, take a break, and often can't seem to get back up to full health because I get dinged before the recovery is reset.

Great visualization!

Awesome, thanks!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:32 (2387 days ago) @ slycrel

I have a hard time playing on my titan because my recovery is too low. I get hit, take a break, and often can't seem to get back up to full health because I get dinged before the recovery is reset.

Great visualization!

It's worse with hunters. ANY recovery is a luxury.

Awesome, thanks!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:58 (2387 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But we can side strafe 0.1 m/s faster!

Awesome, thanks!

by squidnh3, Friday, October 06, 2017, 12:12 (2387 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Apparently the Io armor will get you up in the 4-5 range. I've been playing with 2.

Io and FWC FTW

by Kahzgul, Friday, October 06, 2017, 17:00 (2387 days ago) @ squidnh3

Apparently the Io armor will get you up in the 4-5 range. I've been playing with 2.

FWC armor also falls into the "survivalist" category. That'll get you up towards that lovely 5/5/5 build everyone seems so fond of. Don't get me wrong, my 9/5/1 build looks WAY sexier, but holy hell if it isn't just completely useless in pvp situations.

Didn’t even know it existed

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, October 06, 2017, 12:20 (2387 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I thought we had somehow unanimously opted to trade functionality for good looks.

Awesome, thanks!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 18:15 (2385 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hunters are friggin' useless in PvP because of lack of recovery. So frustrating when it's what you want to main.

Awesome, thanks!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 19:13 (2385 days ago) @ BeardFade

Hunters are friggin' useless in PvP because of lack of recovery. So frustrating when it's what you want to main.

[image]

But I digress. The helmet Foetracer (E) and the Ghost Primus auto rifle (L) are your besties as a Hunter in PvP. You have to try to not be at the top of the leaderboards. I ran that loadout at a vastly inferior light level to boot. No, I think Hunters do quite well for themselves... ourselves. Ugh, whatever. :P

Awesome, thanks!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 12, 2017, 14:46 (2381 days ago) @ slycrel

Do the bottom striker skillset and just punch something to recover. ;)

GIF that shows how important Recovery is

by Kahzgul, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:18 (2387 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

It appears to show that:

At recovery = 10, you begin to heal after 3 seconds and are fully healed after 6 seconds.

At recovery = 0, you begin to heal after 6 seconds and are fully healed after 10 seconds.

This was just me counting while staring at the screen, so it's not hard factual numbers. I really wish the gif makers had put a counter on the right side of the screen. Still very neat.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:44 (2387 days ago) @ Kahzgul

It appears to show that:

At recovery = 10, you begin to heal after 3 seconds and are fully healed after 6 seconds.

At recovery = 0, you begin to heal after 6 seconds and are fully healed after 10 seconds.

This was just me counting while staring at the screen, so it's not hard factual numbers. I really wish the gif makers had put a counter on the right side of the screen. Still very neat.

Watch the actual video (front page, here) for more details.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:57 (2387 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Front page?

ba dum tssh

by Robot Chickens, Friday, October 06, 2017, 15:19 (2387 days ago) @ bluerunner

Front page?

Glad someone else was confused.

What I see on the 'front page'

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 06, 2017, 15:35 (2387 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

I lold.

by Funkmon @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 20:40 (2387 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread