The HBO Mountain Bash 2k18: Ski Free or Bomb Hard (Fan Creations)

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:57 (2333 days ago)
edited by Schooly D, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 15:27

The HBO Mountain Bash 2018
January 12-15, 2018 (MLK weekend)
Heber City, UT or Denver, CO (TBD)

You've heard about it. You've read about it. You've dreamt about it. You've always wanted to go. Now's your chance. Join your fellow Bungie enthusiasts for a long weekend in a comfy cabin, tucked away in the snowy hills somewhere in the Mountain time zone.

Five years ago, HBOMB was just a twinkle in my eye. Now it's become the most-anticipated b.org event of the year, and every year the snow gets colder, the mountains get rockier, the steaks get beefier, the tubs get hotter, and the BOMBs get H'er.

Activities include:

• video games
  • drinking
  • tabletop games
  • drinking
  • snow-related activities
  • anime
  • beer pong, probably
  • complaining about Halo
  • complaining about Destiny
  • Secret Santa
  • grilling, eating

Will this be our last BOMB? It's possible. Are you really going to take a chance by missing out?

Are you calling Paddy a liar?

What about Tex?

Picture yourself here:

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

If you're interested in attending this year's bash, possibly our final bash ever, reply to this thread AND send me an email: schoolyd at teamschoolyd.org

Spaces are limited. Don't let this opportunity pass you by.

Final bash?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 15:22 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D

Say it ain't so! I want to attend one someday.

The HBO Mountain Bash 2k18: Ski Free or Bomb Hard

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 15:34 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D

how much money are we talking here?

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 15:37 (2332 days ago) @ General Vagueness
edited by Schooly D, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 15:52

how much money are we talking here?

This year it's 100% free to send me an email expressing interest

Interested

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 15:59 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

I'm in

by tarehart, Seattle, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 16:15 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 16:23 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D

the tubs get hotter

Can I go if I promise to keep my swimsuit on this time?

The HBO Mountain Bash 2k18: Ski Free or Bomb Hard *GIF*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 01:22 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 01:35

Well this is slightly out of character for me. I've probably never said this.
Have I ever said that I absolutely ♥ adore ♥ any and all event write-ups. All of them.
The community is the best. Some of us will likely never be able to attend any event, so a write-up is something that helps others feel connected in some measly small way.
I abhor being the focus of any sort of attention so I especially appreciate those that are willing to document and share with others.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, November 09, 2017, 08:13 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D
edited by dogcow, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 08:46

I have not read this post, but ... I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS! AAHHH!!!

Edit: Man, how did I miss the last one?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, November 09, 2017, 08:23 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D
edited by dogcow, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 08:28

Ok, I've read the post now.

I'm interested. If it's held in Utah I would love to join in the festivities, and I wouldn't have to occupy a bed as I could just drive home.

If it's in Colorado, I'm interested, but will have to be put down as a maybe.

I know there are several DBO peeps near Heber (and I'm gunna out y'all now).

DogCow(Moof)
Slycrel
PeaksUtah (obviously)
2Dorks
Xenos (still?)

I've actually been thinking about throwing a little retro halo bash to get some of these people together (but I've been waiting for next year when I have more space in a new house).

Yee

by NartFOpc, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 15:00 (2332 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread