D1 Crucible Throwback (Recruitment)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, December 01, 2017, 20:55 (2335 days ago)

There's been a lot of salt about D2 PvP on this board. I actually like the current game, but I also miss the feel of being super-powered. Lets all travel back for a weekend to the land of Supers, grenades, broken movements etc. Let's take out our angst and sadness on each other. Join me for DBO vs DBO custom crucible deathmataches. Shoot your friends in the face. Maybe we'll even race each other on our sparrows.

I just want to play with y'all again.

Thanks!

by Oholiab @, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 15:19 (2334 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Junior and I had a lot of fun. It was so nice to have a super more than once per round AND have a longer Golden Gun duration while also enjoying the Chain of Woe perk. I also enjoyed the regular use of a sniper rifle - a gun I've nearly given up on in D2.

Thanks for setting this up!

Same!

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 18:46 (2333 days ago) @ Oholiab

I left early (mostly to make room for you and Junior :) ), but had a blast for the time I was there. Thanks, Chickens, for setting this up!

You are most welcome!

by Robot Chickens, Monday, December 04, 2017, 10:27 (2333 days ago) @ Oholiab

Thanks for coming out. That was a lot of fun for me too. We hovered around 6 people most of the night until we had more and Squid wiped the floor with those on the opposing end of his bullets.

I'd love to do it again and get a bigger crew (maybe more than a day's advance notice would help). :-)

Just out of curiosity . . .

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 18:51 (2333 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Do a lot of folks still have Destiny 1 installed? I can't justify the hard drive space.

by Oholiab @, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 19:19 (2333 days ago) @ cheapLEY

In our case, we own less than ten games for the Xbone (and have an external HD), so space has yet to become a premium.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 19:47 (2333 days ago) @ Oholiab

I’ve been meaning to get an external hard drive ever since Sony decided to start supporting them on PS4. Even though my PS4 hard drive is always full, I haven’t really felt the need to actually spend the money though. The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Destiny (now D2) are the only things that are permanent, with everything else getting deleted when I’m done, with the occasional game getting a redownload.

Maybe I just need to bite that bullet.

a cheap option if you have a spare internal HDD...

by Oholiab @, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 22:10 (2333 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We had some old HDDs laying around, so I ordered two of these very un-fancy enclosures - one for each Xbone. I've had them running for a year, and they work flawlessly. $20 each.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAML7OK/ref=oh_aui_bia_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Same as Oholiab, External Drive

by Robot Chickens, Monday, December 04, 2017, 10:24 (2333 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Do a lot of folks still have Destiny 1 installed? I can't justify the hard drive space.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 04, 2017, 10:44 (2333 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Still have it installed on both consoles, and I'll keep it that way so I can play things like this and the VoG run we did on the PS4 last week.

Memory is cheaper than ever. I'll probably buy a bigger hard drive for the Xbox since more of multiplatform games will be there.

Also, priorities, man. ;)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 17:52 (2332 days ago) @ Kermit

Still have it installed on both consoles, and I'll keep it that way so I can play things like this and the VoG run we did on the PS4 last week.

Memory is cheaper than ever. I'll probably buy a bigger hard drive for the Xbox since more of multiplatform games will be there.

Also, priorities, man. ;)

I guess that's sort of why I was asking. If stuff like this is going to pop up often enough, I may have to justify the space and reinstall Destiny 1. I wouldn't mind a VoG run every so often.

As much as I really understand making Destiny 2 a complete new game, it's still hard not to lament the lost potential of having all past and future Destiny content together in one package.

I have 3 games installed atm: Madden, Destiny, Destiny 2.

by Funkmon @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 11:44 (2333 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Afaik these are the only 3 games that exist.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread