Dream Game (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 04, 2017, 10:21 (2329 days ago)

Combine games to form your dream game. What would it be? Forget the logistics of it and have it be pure fantasy. You have three ingredients.

'Vanquish' meets 'Halo' meets 'Deus Ex'.

Go.

Dream Game

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, December 04, 2017, 11:13 (2329 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny but add:

- the scale, crafting, combination PvE / PvP elements of DayZ
- visual customization of Forza livery editor

Dream Game

by Kahzgul, Monday, December 04, 2017, 12:34 (2328 days ago) @ ManKitten

Destiny but add:

- the scale, crafting, combination PvE / PvP elements of DayZ

yessssssssss

Dream Game

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 17:48 (2328 days ago) @ ManKitten

Destiny but add:

That is horrifying. I would never actually get to shoot any guns because I'd spend all my time painting them.

Halo x Life Is Strange x Franchise Hockey Manager

by Funkmon @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 11:23 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Trying to wrap my head around this…

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 04, 2017, 13:17 (2328 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Trying to wrap my head around this…

by Harmanimus @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 21:36 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Military Sci-Fi, interpersonal drama through the lens of story driven adventure interactions and logistical management structures?

So... Metal Gear Solid V?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 04, 2017, 23:54 (2328 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Military Sci-Fi, interpersonal drama through the lens of story driven adventure interactions and logistical management structures?

Check, check, chekity check-check...

Man, that's such a weird game....

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 08:07 (2328 days ago) @ Korny

That’s putting it mildly. I still can’t process wether it’s “good” or not.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 10:52 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That’s putting it mildly. I still can’t process wether it’s “good” or not.

I've had trouble with that as well.

Far as I've been able to discern, it's not a good Metal Gear game... but it's easily the greatest Hitman game ever made. I've been completely addicted to replaying missions to get all S ranks and challenges, and generally just to beat my own time, which is rare for me.

Yes plz

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 00:06 (2328 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Dream Game

by Kahzgul, Monday, December 04, 2017, 12:33 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I really want a star wars battlefront + shadow of mordor combo where you play as darth vader and... just. kill. everyone.

Also, I'd love to see the super mario team tackle a toejam and earl game.

Finally, please someone give me Mordor: Depths of Dejenol but where the class you play dictates how you experience the game: A thief class plays 3rd person like, well, Thief (or splinter cell maybe). And archer class plays an FPS. A mage plays some kind of puzzle game where you combo size and type dictates what spells you cast and how powerful they are. Bards play a rhythm game that buffs allies. An fighters play a fighting game a'la mortal kombat. The closest game I've ever played to this is actually Splinter Cell 2's multiplayer, which was damned amazing and too often goes unheralded for the groundbreaking genre-bender that it was.

Dream Game

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, December 04, 2017, 13:11 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
+
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
+
Mass Effect Trilogy

TL;DR - Mature Open World KOTOR (That isn't a MMO)

It doesn't even have to be Starwars.

Dream Game

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, December 04, 2017, 13:20 (2328 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It doesn't even have to be Starwars.

It certainly does now.

Dream Game

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 16:47 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I thought about this a few times today. I think I'm pretty basic because my answer is just Skyrim plus Destiny 2.

If I could play a game with my friends that had the general smoothness and gunplay of Destiny with the large world that feels like it has stuff in it--run down shacks, caves, NPCs with radiant quests, etc--I think that would be my favorite game.

+1

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 04, 2017, 18:18 (2328 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

Battlefront 2 (original version) + Titanfall 2 + Tribes 2

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 04, 2017, 17:08 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Dream Game

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Monday, December 04, 2017, 17:16 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Breath of the Wild + Destiny + Halo MP.

Ship it.

- CC

They already made The Witcher 3.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 17:47 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not even really joking.

My dream game would be giving the Star Wars IP to CDProjekt Red so they can make a The Witcher 3 styled RPG in the Star Wars universe. Set it whenever, have it star whoever, I don't care. I just want to see someone make a cool RPG in the Star Wars universe, with the amazing world design and attention to detail they pulled off in The Witcher 3.

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, December 04, 2017, 19:44 (2328 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm really, really excited about Cyberpunk so far, but if it were SW-themed... Jeez.

+2

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 16:37 (2327 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Surprising No One...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 04, 2017, 19:34 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Unleashed+Forces+Mirror's Edge.

Surprising No One...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 04, 2017, 20:04 (2328 days ago) @ Morpheus

Unleashed+Forces+Mirror's Edge.

Jak and Daxter + Gunstar Heroes + Mirror's Edge

I'm surprised. I expected Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 00:07 (2328 days ago) @ Morpheus

Plus The Simpsons Tapped Out.

I'm surprised. I expected Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 16:57 (2327 days ago) @ Funkmon

Hahaha, I still regret leaving the microphone on that night!

Considering S3&K can lock on, it's not far off. ;-)

Goddamn, I miss you, Funkmon. We need to get back on and hang out or something.

Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, December 04, 2017, 19:48 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas. And, the ninjas are all on fire, too

I'll take the sequel to that game.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 12:50 (2327 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Dream Game

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 21:20 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Elite: Dangerous meets EvE meets Star Citizen.

#EarlyRetirement

Dream Game

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 06:52 (2328 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Wait, so Star Citizen isn't already Elite+EvE? Wow, I'm glad I didn't back it, then.

Dream Game

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 16:39 (2327 days ago) @ ZackDark

Wait, so Star Citizen isn't already Elite+EvE? Wow, I'm glad I didn't back it, then.

Nah, it basically is. At least the idea of it is, they just dropped the 3.0 Alpha and it looks like it's headed that way. Probably be a few more years though. :P

Quite the philosophical dilema.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 21:34 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

"The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" meets "Unreal" meets "Rogue"

Dream Game

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, December 04, 2017, 23:24 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hm... This is a tough one, but at the moment, I think I'm thinking,

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance meets Dragon Age: Origins meets Dungeons and Dragons. (Nobody said this was only video games.)

Alternatively, Rise of Nations meets the original Star Wars Battlefront II meets Destiny.

Or Skyrim meets Mass Effect meets Dishonored.

I could probably keep doing this and be utterly unable to come up with a solid favorite idea, really.

Dream Game

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 08:10 (2328 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Hm... This is a tough one, but at the moment, I think I'm thinking,

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance meets Dragon Age: Origins meets Dungeons and Dragons. (Nobody said this was only video games.)

Well if you’re going to do that, it’s be Deus Ex + D&D + The Hunger Games.

Dream Game

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 04:51 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A Bungie game (with Bungie art and mechanics) and a story written and presented as well as The Last of Us.

(Basically, what was implied by original Destiny marketing. Remember when they name-checked The Wire? [eye roll].)

Dream Game

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 09:17 (2328 days ago) @ Kermit

A Bungie game (with Bungie art and mechanics) and a story written and presented as well as The Last of Us.

(Basically, what was implied by original Destiny marketing. Remember when they name-checked The Wire? [eye roll].)

I think Jason’s book said it best. Bungie boasted Destiny was going to belong on the shelf beside Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Instead it belonged next to Twilight.

Dream Game

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, December 08, 2017, 16:51 (2324 days ago) @ Kermit

Kermit, getting jaded and a bit complainy about Bungie, and about marketing of all things? I never thought I'd see the day. You're welcome to it though.

Skyrim in Destiny with Halo 3 vehicles

by Durandal, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 05:30 (2328 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I want an RPG world filled to the brim like Skyrim, with Destiny's background, Halo's vehicle integration and mechanics like boarding, location damage, team vehicles, etc, with a side of Titanfall's huge robots summoned from my drop ship to fight Scarab sized Vex.

I want to custom build my character, my robots and my warthog from gear found throughout the world.

I want to take said gear and vehicles and face off with 6-12 of my friends in an epic battlefield that can change dramatically as we play (Like BF4 "levelutions" without the cheesy "hey it's flooded now" feeling).

I want team support abilities in addition to grenades, supers and punches.

I want the enemies to build structures and change locations in the world over time, and in response to mine and my friends actions.

I want to have battles I take part in have lasting effects to the game world, so I can brag to kinderguardians that I took part in some of the epic formative battles.

<3 <3 <3 THIS <3 <3 <3

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 08:34 (2328 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Skyrim in Destiny with Halo 3 vehicles

by bluvasa, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 10:12 (2328 days ago) @ Durandal

I would say this, but include Halo Reach/5 multiplayer.

Good stuff

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 17:45 (2327 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Dream Game

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 16:22 (2327 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The full vision of Star Citizen/Squadron 42
+
systems that allow you to command space and ground forces a la Command and Conquer and Total War.

Halo 5 + PUBG + No Man's Sky

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 16:33 (2327 days ago) @ Cody Miller

PUBG's Squads and last person standing with 100 ODSTs on procedurally generated alien planets.

BR + Pistol starts

The massive variety of weapons in Halo 5's warzone scattered about along with classic Halo vehicles to scavenge.

Found the person with whom I share the least in common.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 17:49 (2327 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

What's funny is I really like your idea... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 09:44 (2326 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Reach Space Combat x Escape Velocity Setting x Destiny...

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 12:48 (2325 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Escape Velocity galaxy setting
Halo Reach arcade-style space combat
Skyrim style open world on planets.
ODST style level design for missions.
Destiny for combat movement/gunplay/supers etc
Halo CE Legendary enemy types (super aggressive, challenging, but not bullet sponges)
Halo 3 vehicles (warthogs, banshees, phantoms, scarabs, everything) Steals Durandal's ideas...
Bungie artwork/skyboxes
ODST music team

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 14:07 (2325 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Shoot, I didn't think anybody else played Escape Velocity. That game was my jam in my teens!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, December 07, 2017, 14:39 (2325 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Shoot, I didn't think anybody else played Escape Velocity. That game was my jam in my teens!

You're in the right place to find people who've played Escape Velocity. I dabbled with it too, but spent more time on Ambrosia's other titles.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 15:10 (2325 days ago) @ dogcow

I loved EV and Overdrive, though Nova wasn't what it could have been. Ares was a lot of fun, I loved the idea of piloting your flagship while ordering your fleets around. I've always had a soft spot for top-down scrollers like Mars and Deimos Rising.

Asteroids is one of my all time favorites, and as such I really enjoyed Maelstrom. Cythera was great too, one of my early forays into big-world rpgs.

And then there was Harry the Handsome Executive. Goddam HHE. Whew, good times those were, good times.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 08, 2017, 16:57 (2324 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

That’s way more than three ingredients dude.

Dream Game

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, December 08, 2017, 16:45 (2324 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by General Vagueness, Friday, December 08, 2017, 16:55

Combine games to form your dream game. What would it be? Forget the logistics of it and have it be pure fantasy. You have three ingredients.

'Vanquish' meets 'Halo' meets 'Deus Ex'.

Go.

It would be classic Castlevania plus even more restricted movement (and less restricted at times) that ties into the character and story and even more relevant choice in where to go and what to choose. Hopefully it won't be a fantasy much longer since I'm working on making it.
Also a game entirely based around magic, where all the spells are useful and impactful and there's (again) meaningful choice in what to equip and use, which is (probably) my next idea.
What is probably a fantasy is an FPS that's like Dark Souls. Other than that I pretty much have everything I want from 3D games except for a new Portal game, and that's more about the writing than anything else.

Dream Game

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, December 08, 2017, 17:40 (2324 days ago) @ Cody Miller

• The depth of beloved modes and gameplay options from Halo: Reach. The general "whatever goes" capability of the Halo engine is a must.
  • The jolly, happy-go-lucky atmosphere of Overwatch, fostering a sense of attachment and intimacy for and between characters despite quite little established background.
  • Mass Effect's character background options (such as "Spacer" and "War Hero") refined and reinforced to become an integral component in interactions with distinct NPCs and navigating certain situations. Gender, sexuality, race and ethnicity, religion, and even how one presents themselves (hair, cosmetics, clothing, jewelry, etc.) would play a role in people's perception of your character.
  • A dog.

Mutant League Football + updated graphics

by ProbablyLast, Friday, December 08, 2017, 19:02 (2324 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Mutant League Football + updated graphics

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 08, 2017, 19:07 (2324 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Mutant League football was pretty much ruined with one simple trick.

Just run offsides and repeatedly tackle the quarterback on the opposing team until he's injured. You get a penalty, but keep doing it. In the red zone it's half the distance to the goal, so they'll never cross. Anyway, keep doing this until all their quarterbacks are injured, and they have to forfeit. Ez epz.

Yeah, it was perfect.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, December 08, 2017, 19:31 (2324 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread