Don't press the refresh button, it's a tarp! *NM*

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Monday, February 11, 2013, 20:20 (4084 days ago)
edited by NsU Soldier, Monday, February 11, 2013, 20:23

*NM*

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about the refresh button...not the refresh button.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, February 11, 2013, 20:26 (4084 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Is this a "view count" tarp?

Hax. (edit: I thought this was a learned lesson in the olden days of HBO)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 11, 2013, 20:27 (4084 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

*NM*

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about the refresh button...not the refresh button.

*Presses… both?

What are you talking about??

Appears to mark everything unread.*NM*

by scarab @, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 03:36 (4084 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What are you talking about??

Appears to mark everything unread.*NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 09:00 (4084 days ago) @ scarab

Oh. I see now. I've grown so used to using the browser changing clicked links to mark new posts on HBO that I didn't even notice we had a new post indicator over here.

by Ibeechu ⌂ @, Portland, OR, Monday, February 11, 2013, 20:44 (4084 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Did it anyway

ffffff

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:14 (4084 days ago) @ Ibeechu

Yep, I did the same thing. At the time, I thought maybe it was broken and resulted in an error or something.

I was wrong.

DEAD WRONG.

.... what have I done?

*To clarify, we're talking about the Refresh link towards the upper-right of the forum index page. Which does reload the page, but also marks all posts unread. Yikes.*

Oh. THAT Refresh button... Shit *NM*

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:22 (4084 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Oh. THAT Refresh button... Shit

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:59 (4084 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Well, it makes sense. Since every browser already has a refresh option, having another one in the forum that did the exact same thing would be redundant. As such, a nuking refresh makes sense.

Also, DOTasNM.isnotcanon.net =P

Stop teasing me *NM*

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 08:39 (4084 days ago) @ ZackDark

You're not my dad, you can't tell me what's WHAT!

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 08:51 (4084 days ago) @ ZackDark

Well, it makes sense. Since every browser already has a refresh option, having another one in the forum that did the exact same thing would be redundant. As such, a nuking refresh makes sense.

Also, DOTasNM.isnotcanon.net =P

I think it should be renamed to something more specific (mark all unread, reset read, convert to blue town, etc.) or just something analogous to refresh, like, 'reset'.

The symbol should also be different from the refresh button on my browser. It is a little misleading on what the function of the forum refresh button actually DOES.

If these things can't be changed, I'd just remove the button all together. It doesn't seem like it'd be a particularly useful feature.

by Louis Wu @, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 09:06 (4084 days ago) @ NsU Soldier
edited by Claude Errera, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 09:19

If these things can't be changed, I'd just remove the button all together. It doesn't seem like it'd be a particularly useful feature.

Just a quick note to make it clear that almost NOTHING will be done on this forum in the next week. I'm leaving town, and there isn't any way I can work on it while I'm gone.

It MIGHT get nuked when I get a chance to go over what works and what doesn't... but that won't be for a while.

Sorry.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 09:17 (4084 days ago) @ Louis Wu

Just a quick not to make it clear that almost NOTHING will be done on this forum in the next week. I'm leaving town, and there isn't any way I can work on it while I'm gone.

It MIGHT get nuked when I get a chance to go over what works and what doesn't... but that won't be for a while.

Sorry.

Haha, I didn't think anything was going to be changed rapid-fire anyway, this is still a prototype after all. :)

Inspired by the 'nuking' yourself and ZackDark speak about, instead of a circular arrow button with the word "refresh", it should be a radioactive symbol with the words "post reset" or something.*

*That is, if a mini cityscape with "Welcome to Blue Town." is out of the question.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread