The Starside Lounge, Episode 13 (Baker's Dozen) (DBO)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 12:23 (2324 days ago)

** Leviathan and Raid Lair spoiler warning **
This episode contains significant spoilers for the Leviathan raid and Curse of Osiris Raid Lair activities. If you're still trying to attempt these blind, you'll want to steer clear of the second half of the show.

Woah! We recorded another podcast! breitzen joins Xenos and me to discuss Destiny 2 since launch. If you're already subscribed (go you!), your podcast player of choice should see it soon, otherwise you can catch it on YouTube below or listen on our very own Starside Lounge hub.

Claude and Kermit

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 17:31 (2324 days ago) @ Beorn

You should probably wait till morning to listen.
<3 you!

Claude and Kermit

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 11:38 (2324 days ago) @ breitzen

You should probably wait till morning to listen.
<3 you!

Not sure what this is about - but I stopped listening when you started talking about the Raid Lair. We're still blind, and I'm totally not interested in spoilers.

I'll come back to it when we finish.

Ah yeah... it’s definitely in the Raid Lair spoiler section

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 11:58 (2324 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

It’s definitely not a joke about your age...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:20 (2323 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

You mean “wasn’t”?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 15:39 (2321 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

I'm curious!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 18:53 (2323 days ago) @ Claude Errera

but it's going to be a little bit before I can safely listen to this as well.

Claude and Kermit

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 18, 2017, 07:21 (2320 days ago) @ breitzen

Why you! No one fails like me at jumping! NO ONE! How dare you mention a dilettante like Claude in the same breath as me.

In truth, I haven't been that bad (it's amazing what you can recover from in that space), and during the first parts of that raid I led the way a few times with the jumping bits.

Great podcast! Such a contrast to the "end-is-nigh" vibe to so much Destiny 2 commentary lately.

(Just this morning my phone actually pinged me about a youtuber making a long-winded speech re: pursuing a refund. The expectations of people astound me [not that there weren't legitimate concerns about content lock outs].)

P.S.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 18, 2017, 07:24 (2320 days ago) @ Kermit

No one sleeps like me either, just not when and where and for how long I'm supposed to.

Your podcast did not put me to sleep.

:)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, December 18, 2017, 17:36 (2319 days ago) @ Kermit

No one sleeps like me either, just not when and where and for how long I'm supposed to.

Your podcast did not put me to sleep.

Yay! I thought it was funny Claude fell asleep at Star Wars this weekend. lol

+1

by Claude Errera @, Monday, December 18, 2017, 18:06 (2319 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Claude and Kermit

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, December 18, 2017, 16:40 (2319 days ago) @ Kermit

Great podcast! Such a contrast to the "end-is-nigh" vibe to so much Destiny 2 commentary lately.>

(Just this morning my phone actually pinged me about a youtuber making a long-winded speech re: pursuing a refund. The expectations of people astound me [not that there weren't legitimate concerns about content lock outs].)

Yeah it's really got me down about the Destiny community. I even permanently deleted the Destiny subreddit from my reddit and bookmarks. LowSodiumDestiny is great, but it's sad that we don't have the same level of awesome engagement we used to, or if we do it's all drowned out by salt.

Claude and Kermit

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 17:14 (2317 days ago) @ Xenos

Great podcast! Such a contrast to the "end-is-nigh" vibe to so much Destiny 2 commentary lately.>

Yeah it's really got me down about the Destiny community. I even permanently deleted the Destiny subreddit from my reddit and bookmarks. LowSodiumDestiny is great, but it's sad that we don't have the same level of awesome engagement we used to, or if we do it's all drowned out by salt.

UpNorth and I were reminiscing about this the other day and it makes me bummed. People like Iconic Banana organized events like this and this. Those were some of my favorite events...

events

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 13:19 (2310 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

That Banana guy seems like a load of fun to game with!

Why don't you and UpNorth try to revive those banana-style community events?
Maybe it will even lure the original Banana back to DBO?

:)

Claude and Kermit

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 14:37 (2310 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Man, Destiny 1 PvP was so much more fun at launch than it was later on. I really feel like almost every patch, DLC, etc since then has moved away from the fun of the original game.

Claude and Kermit

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 15:34 (2310 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Man, Destiny 1 PvP was so much more fun at launch than it was later on. I really feel like almost every patch, DLC, etc since then has moved away from the fun of the original game.

I’m... not sure if I agree with this or not. I do think D1 Y1 PvP was the time when my fondest crucible memories were made. But I also found the vast majority of my PvP time to be frustrating back then. I feel like we may have lost the highest highs, but there are far fewer lows as well.

For me, the real weakness to Destiny PvP is that Destiny’s core shooter mechanics just aren’t that great on the PvP side. We all know that the game feels beautiful and smooth, but the way the various guns and movement and abilities interact with each other just doesn’t add up to a particularly great PvP game. And now that much of the “batshit craziness” that defined Year 1 has been removed, the somewhat pedestrian core combat is more noticeable.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread