Elite: Dangerous - Stations being evacuated (Gaming)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 15, 2017, 07:52 (2295 days ago)

Too bad MS didn't get VR working on the One X yet because this would be amazing in VR! I'm going to have to sign in to Elite: Dangerous and rescue some civilians.

Elite: Dangerous - Stations being evacuated

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:04 (2295 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

It's pretty great! Lots of activity in the Pleiades now.

If you want to wing up, let me know.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 15, 2017, 14:05 (2294 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Unfortunately I'll be out until after xmas but I'll definitely let you know.

why Does the console say gluttony in balloon letters?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, December 15, 2017, 16:51 (2294 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Shrug?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 06:41 (2294 days ago) @ Vortech

People are weird? You can pay for cosmetics like that, but I sure don’t understand why either.

Shrug?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 10:47 (2294 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

It wasn't a pointed question. I was trying to figure out what it was. Now I know it is an optional cosmetic, so that's useful information. You helped. Thanks.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 07:46 (2294 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Too bad MS didn't get VR working on the One X yet because this would be amazing in VR! I'm going to have to sign in to Elite: Dangerous and rescue some civilians.

My wing is stationed around The Oracle at the moment. That entire system feels like it got shredded. I think at least one other station was attacked, but not to the point of being evacuated, there's a tanker that was torn apart, and there's a Fed Capital Ship that's adrift. That one was flagged as a distress call on the way to Oracle, we dropped out, were surprised to see it, and then had to turn and run 30 seconds later because three Thargoid ships were still in the area. And they were pissed. Like, they launched swarms on sight, pissed.

It's surreal doing evac runs. You're so used to seeing spaceports as safe havens, as unchanging rocks, that seeing one devastated like this is unreal in a way that kinda hits close to home.

It's awesome, and I hope an omen of what's to come. Xmas is going to be amazing because I'll finally have a HOTAS.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 17:02 (2293 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

It's awesome, and I hope an omen of what's to come. Xmas is going to be amazing because I'll finally have a HOTAS.

Do you play on XBOX? Would love to wing up.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 18:45 (2293 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Do you play on XBOX? Would love to wing up.

Yup. ReaverPhoenix. On frequently enough with Nomis and a few other guys.

That's insanely cool, and the tension is real...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 08:13 (2294 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

This is the kind of persistent and unexpected stuff that I love (and it helps that it's been building up for over a year). What happens next? Did we cause this? What do they want us to do?
Really cool stuff. Reminds me of my old post where the Stations in Warframe were also being attacked a couple of years ago (and you can still see their remains to this day), except that being able to evacuate civilians instead of just fighting to defend the stations adds a whole level of awesome to the whole thing.

I know that the game is mostly slow-paced farming and such, but small stuff like this definitely makes me want to pick it up and play. Does this game have some of that famous Xbox/PC crossplay that I hear so much about?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 08:40 (2294 days ago) @ Korny

I know that the game is mostly slow-paced farming and such, but small stuff like this definitely makes me want to pick it up and play. Does this game have some of that famous Xbox/PC crossplay that I hear so much about?

Sadly no, the developers didn't program their networking in a way that it would be possible without massively rewriting it according to them. Play Anywhere may happen one day I suppose, but they tend to only turn it on for newly released games.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 09:18 (2294 days ago) @ Korny

Not as such. The three platforms are segregated, but everyone shares the same simulation. So what happens on PC effects Xbox and PS4 and vice versa. That includes major events, the political landscape, economies, system statuses, all the way down to planetary discoveries.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread