Co-op Night: RED DEAD EDITION (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 09, 2013, 02:33 (3875 days ago)
edited by Kermit, Monday, September 09, 2013, 02:58

[image]

WHAT?

A special Co-op Night playing Red Dead Redemption on Xbox Live.

If you haven't done so, you can download the co-op mission pack for free here.

WHEN?

Wednesday, September 11th, 9 PM EST

Expect it to take 1-2 hours to run through the co-op missions.

WHY?

Malagate and I have had fun with this, but we both think that it would be more fun with more than two players.

Plus, this is a good warm-up for season 5 of Co-op Night, which begins a week from Wednesday.

HOW?

If you've played previous Co-op Nights, you know the drill. We'll have a "qualifying" round in Reach that will determine teams. (Why Reach? Because I like it AND I have a digital copy, which makes things easier.)

Your posse is your family. Play like a team. Protect and revive your teammates. On Co-op Night, assists count as much as kills.

WHO?

Friends of Coop Night who are online and have Reach loaded at 9 PM get invited first. You can also send a message to Kermit7. I don't anticipate more than 16, so at this time I don't have plans to form a second party. First come, first served. :)

Hell yes!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, September 09, 2013, 06:25 (3875 days ago) @ Kermit

I still need some cheevos in co-op missions.

Saddle up!

In

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:03 (3874 days ago) @ Kermit

Originally a no-brainer to join, but the use of a second game makes the complexity almost unbearable. Why don't we all just get into a huge free roam match and pretend it's destiny with seamless matchmaking :-)

In

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:11 (3874 days ago) @ Axelrod vK

You don't want to see what we do in free roam. Molotov fight anyone?

In

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:49 (3874 days ago) @ Axelrod vK

Originally a no-brainer to join, but the use of a second game makes the complexity almost unbearable. Why don't we all just get into a huge free roam match and pretend it's destiny with seamless matchmaking :-)

Have you not played in co-op night before? We managed to use Reach to determine teams when we played through the ODST campaign and got no complaints.

You make a good point, though. I'll look into using the RDR private free for all game to determine teams, but since I've never played that, my preference is to stick to what I know in the set up to avoid any unforeseen obstacles, like people not being able to hear me, etc. It's a very short match.

In

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:11 (3872 days ago) @ Axelrod vK

Just so you know, I looked into creating a short custom game in RDR, and either it's too complicated or it's too much trouble for me.

Trust me, there's a method to the madness and it will be short and painless. Unless we have low turn-out, and then I'll just arbitrarily dictate what the teams will be. :)

In

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:18 (3872 days ago) @ Kermit

Trust me, there's a method to the madness and it will be short and painless. Unless we have low turn-out, and then I'll just arbitrarily dictate what the teams will be. :)

With 8 people able to play together it wouldn't surprise me if we're on at most 1-2 posses :)

In

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:19 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

Only four in co-op, from what I've read.

In

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:26 (3872 days ago) @ Kermit

Only four in co-op, from what I've read.

Oh you're right, I am thinking the size of posses in free roam.

Co-op Night: RED DEAD EDITION

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:04 (3874 days ago) @ Kermit

I will definitely maybe be there.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:54 (3874 days ago) @ Xenos

I will definitely maybe be there.

Since you're not starting until 10:30 Thursday, I know you don't have my bedtime excuse. We might be done by 10:30 EST.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:22 (3874 days ago) @ Kermit

Dang it I'm at a concert that night. Would have loved to.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:35 (3874 days ago) @ Leviathan

What concert? Levi and the Hoffmeiers?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, September 09, 2013, 13:07 (3874 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

What concert? Levi and the Hoffmeiers?

Hah, naw. Jim James.

I'm one sad cowboy.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:50 (3874 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, September 09, 2013, 13:34 (3874 days ago) @ Kermit

Call me, text me, send up a flare if it's time and you haven't heard from me.

~M

WELL, CON-FLABBIT!!

by Bones @, The Last City, Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 15:59 (3873 days ago) @ Kermit

So, of course, the night you decide to finally boot up Red Dead, I be - oddly enough - attending a concert as well. This makes me a sad boner. Why you do this, Kermit? Why!?

WELL, CON-FLABBIT!!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 16:02 (3873 days ago) @ Bones

Don't con-flabbit me! I tried to invite you to play over the weekend.

Sorry you can't make it. But heck, if it's just me, padraig, and Malagate, I'll be happy.

WELL, CON-FLABBIT!!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 16:44 (3873 days ago) @ Kermit

Don't con-flabbit me! I tried to invite you to play over the weekend.

Sorry you can't make it. But heck, if it's just me, padraig, and Malagate, I'll be happy.

Uh, problem solved-ish: anyone down to meet on XBL for some RDR in like...an hour?

~M

WELL, CON-FLABBIT!!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 17:11 (3873 days ago) @ Malagate

Not tonight for me, hombre. Sadly.

WELL, CON-FLABBIT!!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 20:10 (3873 days ago) @ Kermit

if it's just me, padraig, and Malagate, I'll be happy.

You lied! I thought I was important! My life is a farce....

WELL, CON-FLABBIT!!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 20:52 (3873 days ago) @ Kermit

But heck, if it's just me, padraig, and Malagate, I'll be happy.

Ride into the sunset.

Bah

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 18:38 (3872 days ago) @ Kermit

Ended up having to work late, but I guess it worked out better, 4 is much better than 5!

Bah

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 08:40 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

Sorry it worked out that way. I do recommend downloading the co-op missions and giving them a try. They're a lot of fun.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 05:51 (3872 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks, padraig, Malagate, and Six Minute Whistle!

Had a great time, especially storming the cannons!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 07:11 (3871 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm surprised anything is left of Mexico after the shelling we delivered that town. Many a man was blown to smitheroons.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread