Destiny 3: Do not buy for 2 years? (Criticism)

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 12, 2018, 12:18 (2290 days ago)

The way that D1 slowly became a game we loved, and that D2 is allegedly moving towards becoming like D1, seems to indicate to me that D3 should not be purchased for about two years after its release date. I'm sure I'm not alone in this feeling, which begs the question: Why force D3 out the door? I wish Bungie would take the time to focus test, properly playtest endgame, find loot/investment/eververse rewards that feel rewarding and not like funnels towards microtransactions, and *THEN* publish a finished game that's actually prepared for real people to play it.

Furthermore, if D3 follows the D1 and D2 model of taking a few years to get its feet under it, will anyone buy it? I know I won't. And if more people don't... what are the odds that the game even has development after launch to try and make it good?

Bungie, if you're reading this, please don't force D3 out the door. Take your sweet ass time and make the game good, complete, and worthy of the Bungie logo emblazoned on it.

Alternatively...

by squidnh3, Friday, January 12, 2018, 12:52 (2290 days ago) @ Kahzgul

PvP quality seems to be on a more smoothly changing curve. It was great to begin with, then progressively got worse and worse until now. Now things are possibly trending up, so Destiny 3 should ship with great PvP that will eventually be ruined.

Alternatively...

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 12, 2018, 21:03 (2289 days ago) @ squidnh3

PvP quality seems to be on a more smoothly changing curve. It was great to begin with, then progressively got worse and worse until now. Now things are possibly trending up, so Destiny 3 should ship with great PvP that will eventually be ruined.

If we get great PvP back I will be soooooo happy.

Destiny 3: Do not buy for 2 years?

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Friday, January 12, 2018, 14:25 (2290 days ago) @ Kahzgul

A questions to ask though is 'Can they?".

Their deal with Activision seemed like they needed to be cranking out content at a pretty consistent pace. If they really did go back and renegotiate before Destiny 2, and we still ended up with Destiny 2, I don't know if another renegotiation would be ideal.

- MacGyver10

Stop looking forward to being disappointed in 3 years.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, January 12, 2018, 17:10 (2290 days ago) @ Kahzgul

There’s plenty to be disappointed about now.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 12, 2018, 17:24 (2290 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

There’s plenty to be disappointed about now.

[image]

Perfect avatar/poster combo, imo.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, January 12, 2018, 18:09 (2290 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

+1

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, January 12, 2018, 18:47 (2290 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

wow.

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 12, 2018, 21:05 (2289 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 12, 2018, 22:19 (2289 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

[image]

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 12, 2018, 23:53 (2289 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Pack it up guys, the greatest post of all time has happened.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 05:55 (2289 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

It depends on which faction is running the forums

by Durandal, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 19:10 (2288 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Destiny seems to suffer from lots of factions arguing over the "correct" game. D2 crucible is a direct result of all the high end players complaining in D1. The changes now are the direct result of the COD crowd realizing that they can't quick scope themselves to victory and hating Bungie for it.

My gripes are comparatively minor in that respect. I had fun in D1 and D2. I'll probably have fun in D3, if I still have time to play at that point.

Really, aside from PVP I hope D3 finally has the world class RPG world to explore. That whole "see this, you can go anywhere" promised in that long ago reveal, populated with interesting NPCs you can actually do things with out in the world.

If they get that right, I don't care if they just stuff Halo 5's MP modes in and call it a day.

I still think there is a strong group at Bungie that views Destiny not as a RPG light shooter, but as a Halo game. It's content is constantly equivalent sidewise to Halo 3, with a similar number of levels and MP maps. They really need to go out and redo their benchmarks.

Dream Desti3

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 19:46 (2288 days ago) @ Durandal

Basically I want accept that Destiny's greatest potential is an open world RPG a la Skyrim or HZD or such and embracing a world of exploration and story through actual quests while still keeping the same core structure of fluid combat and a relatively lighter level of inventory management.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, January 14, 2018, 14:34 (2288 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Nah. I'll get it and will be fun. Even with the issues that D2 is having, it's still a great game when compared to all the other games out there. If you only compare it to Bungie games, then it's a much higher bar to overcome. There are things in D2 that bug me but I'm still playing it a lot. Fortnite has my attention at the moment, but I'll be back to D2.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 16:06 (2286 days ago) @ ManKitten

Nah. I'll get it and will be fun. Even with the issues that D2 is having, it's still a great game when compared to all the other games out there. If you only compare it to Bungie games, then it's a much higher bar to overcome. There are things in D2 that bug me but I'm still playing it a lot. Fortnite has my attention at the moment, but I'll be back to D2.

Where do you rank D2 vs:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Zelda
Mario
Fortnite
AssCreedOrigins
CoD:WW2
SW:BF2:Lootbox Edition
Shadow of War

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 16:35 (2286 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Where do you rank D2 vs: