Carpal Tunnel Is SO Next Gen! (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 12, 2018, 20:06 (2293 days ago)

Holy cow, I can’t believe they brought this back.

This was one of the most hilarious moments in gaming history—and it must be really popular too! Anybody going to get one?

(Admittedly it’s very tempting—if not for the comedic value, then at least the compatibility.)

I don't know what you're talking about

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 12, 2018, 20:53 (2293 days ago) @ Morpheus

Except for the black and white buttons, that controller was surprisingly comfortable to hold and use. Hell, I wasn't even 13 the first time I used one, it's probably even better now.

I think we should all chip in a little and buy 1 for Claude

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, January 12, 2018, 20:57 (2293 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, January 12, 2018, 21:01

- No text -

I will almost certainly get one.

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 12, 2018, 21:10 (2293 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Carpal Tunnel Is SO Next Gen!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 12, 2018, 21:15 (2293 days ago) @ Morpheus

This was one of the most hilarious moments in gaming history—and it must be really popular too! Anybody going to get one?

(Admittedly it’s very tempting—if not for the comedic value, then at least the compatibility.)

The lack of shoulder buttons kills it. I'd love to have a Duke with some more modern sensibilities. Too many games would be nearly unplayable with the Black and White buttons in place of the bumpers.

This is totally neat, but I'm not going to spend the money to get what is essentially a novelty controller.

It has shoulder buttons that share function with the B/W

by Harmanimus @, Friday, January 12, 2018, 23:04 (2293 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

It has shoulder buttons that share function with the B/W

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 06:18 (2293 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Oh. I legitimately don’t know how I missed that.

Now I have to really consider it.

Carpal Tunnel Is SO Next Gen!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 10:40 (2287 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The lack of shoulder buttons kills it. I'd love to have a Duke with some more modern sensibilities. Too many games would be nearly unplayable with the Black and White buttons in place of the bumpers.

This is totally neat, but I'm not going to spend the money to get what is essentially a novelty controller.

NOVELTY! That's the word I was looking for when making my original post--thank you!

Want.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 05:51 (2293 days ago) @ Morpheus

My mom came to me in 2001 (after I asked for the Xbox for Christmas), just tickled pink. She was giggling. She said she had just read a review of the system that said it had the most comfortable controller ever released, "though a smaller model was made for the Japanese market." For some reason she could not stop laughing at that.

Picture slightly related

by Funkmon @, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 07:48 (2292 days ago) @ Morpheus

[image]

Totally getting one.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:03 (2292 days ago) @ Morpheus

No controller has fit my hands as well as a Duke did. I have that Wireless Duke that worked with the 360 that they gave me at HaloFest... but it didn't have shoulder buttons, so I didn't use it much past a testing phase.

This one's got bumpers. I'm in.

I remind you that DBO loves the duke.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:58 (2292 days ago) @ Morpheus

#6 controller of all time for the forum. (#2 for me second only to the great build quality and materials of the XBONE pro controller)

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=115812

So what's with this "comedic value stuff?"

But, really the wired-only part probably kills it for me.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 10:43 (2287 days ago) @ Vortech

#6 controller of all time for the forum. (#2 for me second only to the great build quality and materials of the XBONE pro controller)

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=115812

So what's with this "comedic value stuff?"

But, really the wired-only part probably kills it for me.

There's nothing actually wrong with the controller, it's just comically huge. Somebody did a 2001 parody a long time ago, and every time I see the controller, that's the first thing I think of!

To this day, pretty much the only controller that's bigger is the Wii U/Switch—and I don't think we can even count that one considering it has a television inside it.

Dreamcast's was pretty huge too and clearly a direct homage

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 18, 2018, 10:49 (2287 days ago) @ Morpheus

To be fair, it also had a screen on it

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 12:44 (2287 days ago) @ Morpheus

There's nothing actually wrong with the controller, it's just comically huge.

Maybe for you and your Trump hands. Sorry - for me, it's PERFECT. No other controller has ever fit my hands as well.

by squidnh3, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 13:23 (2287 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Maybe for you and your Trump hands. Sorry - for me, it's PERFECT. No other controller has ever fit my hands as well.

Is it only because of the size, or is it because of the angle of the A/B/X/Y button layout? When I first started playing Halo it was on a Duke, but once somebody in our group got an S, I insisted on using that, almost purely because the button layout is more orthogonal and I found it way easier to press the correct buttons.

For me, it was the size. I could use my hand!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:37 (2287 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Size, not button layout (for me)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 15:34 (2287 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread