Community Game Night Thursday Sept 12 (Recruitment)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:14 (3873 days ago)

Alright people! Xenos's Community Game Night is tomorrow and we are playing Halo Reach! I don't have a guarantee that Bungie employees will be there since DeeJ hasn't responded yet (I hear he and Bungie are busy working on something called "Destiny", whatever that is), but we will soldier on without them this week if we must! We will start at 7:30 PT (I will most likely be on earlier if anyone else is). Message me/friend me on XBox Live, my gamertag is "XenosKB".

Can I still be there and be a square?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:23 (3873 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Yes, but no other geometric shapes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:24 (3873 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Initiate Operation Circle of Confusion

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:31 (3873 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Curse you Paddy!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:38 (3873 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I am so glad I banned you *shakes fist*

Vengeance

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 11:34 (3873 days ago) @ Xenos

Truly now your world is a Rhombus of Terror.

How about that! That's the shape I leave all my enemies in!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 11:02 (3873 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

Parabola of Mysteries, COMMENCE!

by Hyokin, New York, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 11:13 (3873 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

I want to be a rhombus

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:40 (3873 days ago) @ Xenos

I can't be constrained by your right angles. I gotta be me.

A rhombus is just a hipster square!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:45 (3873 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

You're beautiful like a diamond on it's side.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 11:33 (3873 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Is this the final sign up thread?

by Spawn ⌂, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 15:37 (3873 days ago) @ Xenos

;-)

No there will be three more, make sure you sign up on all 3!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 16:06 (3873 days ago) @ Spawn

- No text -

How long you planning on playing?

by Egodude, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 17:13 (3873 days ago) @ Xenos

I won't be home until around 8:30.

How long you planning on playing?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 17:37 (3873 days ago) @ Egodude

I won't be home until around 8:30.

We usually play for several hours. Usually I am on until at least midnight MT.

Community Game Night Thursday Sept 12

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 19:48 (3873 days ago) @ Xenos

Ooh - Pick me! Pick me!

Community Game Night Thursday Sept 12

by HiredN00bs ⌂ @, Silver Spring, MD, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 07:25 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

Every neuron in my head is just firing

Community Game Night

Community Game Night

Community Game Night

Epic CTF or bust.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 10:11 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

Let's make it happen!

Yes, please!

by Oholiab @, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 10:27 (3872 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

See you guys after soccer practice!

I never ever wanna play CTF with you guys ever again. Ever!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 20:55 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Grizzlei, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 21:49

That Longsword was too distracting.

I haven't played Reach in such a long time, and while the game and you guys kicked my ass, I really enjoyed playing with y'all this evening. Hank you! :)

P.S., someone betray Unreal whenever he even looks at a Gauss cannon. Jesus Filipino Christ that was awful...

That was fun.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 21:41 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

Sorry I didn't say one single word. My day was awful with a capital AWFUL. Plus more awful. And it generated a double dose of awful I'm going to be subjected to first thing tomorrow. Followed by a one hour musical interlude (totally serious here). Followed by more awful…. Oh and I nearly forgot… another four hours and thirty minutes of awful after that.

By hey! There was Halo!

Highlights:

- Great CTF coordination in the few games we played.
- Quesadillas seem more special if you don't know spanish.
- We're the A-Team. (My unspoken response: "No no, we're not the A-Team, we're just a team."
- I don't know… my brain has very nearly melted… fill in a brilliantly written catalogue of fun game moments and witty in game banter here… Thanks.

[image]

Glad you could come! Hopefully it improved your day

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 22:51 (3872 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Good times!

by Oholiab @, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 22:04 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

Sorry I couldn't play for long tonight, but that was a lot of fun.

My three kids were watching the matches before they went to bed, and they were completely enthralled. If you heard them cheering in the background, I apologize!

Good times!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 22:46 (3872 days ago) @ Oholiab

Glad you were there, it was a lot of fun!

Good times!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 22:51 (3872 days ago) @ Oholiab

Sorry I couldn't play for long tonight, but that was a lot of fun.

My three kids were watching the matches before they went to bed, and they were completely enthralled. If you heard them cheering in the background, I apologize!

Didn't hear them at all, but glad they enjoyed it as much as I did :)

Great games!

by Spawn ⌂, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 22:50 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Wow, had fun with all 27+ of you!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 23:01 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for coming everyone. We had at least 27 people there tonight, including at one point 16 in one group and 9 in the other. Lots of great games, including a match of Big Team Battle Heavies that went 149 to 150. The Epic CTF game that was my last game of the night went for over an hour. Awesome time. What do you guys want to play next week?

Halo...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 23:02 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

...World of Tanks. :P

Thanks for putting this together, Xenos!

Wow, had fun with all 27+ of you!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 23:22 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

I vote Battlefield 3 again! It's fun! Or 360 version of Team Fortress 2! Orrrr we could boost achievements in Tomb Raider like I know you all really want to!

I am always down for BF3

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 23:23 (3871 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

+1

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:41 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

It was a lot of fun last night. Thanks for playing everybody!

Good times were had!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, September 13, 2013, 01:50 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

I made it online right in the middle of that big CTF game and unevened the teams but I mostly just got annihilated so no big whoop. High five to whoever was on the hog when we drove up the blue team's base and flipped completely over the top. :)

Good times were had!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 13, 2013, 08:34 (3871 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I made it online right in the middle of that big CTF game and unevened the teams but I mostly just got annihilated so no big whoop. High five to whoever was on the hog when we drove up the blue team's base and flipped completely over the top. :)

High five from me too, since I got the kills :-D

That was me :D

by Avateur @, Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:57 (3871 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Didn't work anywhere near as well as I had planned it to. :P

That was me :D

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:45 (3871 days ago) @ Avateur

Didn't work anywhere near as well as I had planned it to. :P

Methinks you misunderstand the purpose of a Warthog. ;)

The Ultimate Community Game Night Write-Up

by Avateur @, Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:58 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

Posted this at HBO, may as well throw it here, too.

So there I was in the middle of one of the best Epic CTF games I have ever had the pleasure to be part of! The game was tied 1-1 and we had just managed to get the flag through their teleport exit. Slowly but surely, that flag was progressing across the map. Surely we would be taking a 2-1 lead. I could taste it. Hell, I could see it. The flag was right there, and it was going to be mine for the taking.
Blue team? Ha. What a joke. How could they ever stop me? I mean really. Fourth quarter, game on the line, Jordans laced up. I've been here before. It's Hero Time!

CRASH. Bleep bloop. What?! Disconnected from Xbox Live?! Puppy backing up frantically from some cables? Uh oh. Yep. Modem directly connected to PC, 360, and router. Plug yanked from wall, router yanked off desk, modem hanging on by a thread. Puppy was never allowed to explore that side of the desk. He finally managed to while I was busy being heroic.

Maybe three full minutes passed before I was back online and in the game. Loading. Plenty of frantic microphone chatter. No one could hear me due to loading, but I could hear them. They had our flag, and it sure sounded like they were going to score.

I return to the game! 2-1!...them?! We eventually lost. Puppy's fault.

GG everyone! :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread