The Cost of Games (Gaming)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 19, 2018, 07:02 (2280 days ago)

https://www.raphkoster.com/2018/01/17/the-cost-of-games/#more-31691

I found this conclusion/suggestion in particular to be interesting:

Shift our F2P emphasis, which currently depends on trickling content and upselling it. That content load is exactly what may kill us.

Tl;dr

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 19, 2018, 09:32 (2280 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Nobody wants to raise prices, but it’s going to happen.

Tl;dr

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 19, 2018, 11:33 (2280 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If it kills lootboxes, I won’t complain. I will gladly pay more money up front and get a full experience rather than get half of it or feel like I have to fork over more money a dollar at a time to get the full thing.

What will actually happen is a price increase and still an over reliance on lootboxes and similar bullshit.

Tl;dr

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, January 19, 2018, 11:42 (2280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

If it kills lootboxes, I won’t complain. I will gladly pay more money up front and get a full experience rather than get half of it or feel like I have to fork over more money a dollar at a time to get the full thing.

What will actually happen is a price increase and still an over reliance on lootboxes and similar bullshit.

A price increase is probably way overdue anyway. Considering how much time is spent playing a game, even $100 is dirt cheap when compared to other hobbies and activities and how much you get back from it.

I've never purchased a MicroT but I would drop $25 (max) in a heartbeat to have a character creator/editor in any game.

I never take my Destiny helmet off because my guardian looks nothing like me and it really annoys me when I have to look at his dumb face in cutscenes. This feature would also eliminate or negate shaders, finally letting my character look how I want it to.

The same can go for Fortnite. Instead of the random generated 1 of 6 characters, or instead of paying for preproduced skins, the ability to create a character that looks how I want it to.

EA games do such a good job with this (Fight Night and WWE for example) why will nobody else do this?

Tl;dr

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, January 19, 2018, 12:18 (2280 days ago) @ ManKitten

A price increase is probably way overdue anyway. Considering how much time is spent playing a game, even $100 is dirt cheap when compared to other hobbies and activities and how much you get back from it.

I've never purchased a MicroT but I would drop $25 (max) in a heartbeat to have a character creator/editor in any game.

I never take my Destiny helmet off because my guardian looks nothing like me and it really annoys me when I have to look at his dumb face in cutscenes. This feature would also eliminate or negate shaders, finally letting my character look how I want it to.

The same can go for Fortnite. Instead of the random generated 1 of 6 characters, or instead of paying for preproduced skins, the ability to create a character that looks how I want it to.

EA games do such a good job with this (Fight Night and WWE for example) why will nobody else do this?

You must be a pretty man. I play games so I don't have to look like myself! Hell, I even change my gender 80% of the time.

Tl;dr

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, January 19, 2018, 13:03 (2280 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You must be a pretty man. I play games so I don't have to look like myself! Hell, I even change my gender 80% of the time.

I BASICALLY look just like Kratos. Pretty much identical.

[image]

I'm sorry.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, January 19, 2018, 13:06 (2280 days ago) @ ManKitten

For your wife, or future wife. Or friends? I'm just sorry :P

I'm sorry.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, January 19, 2018, 13:26 (2280 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I've never actually played the game or know anything about it :D

Probably because it doesn't have a character creator.

I'm sorry.

by Kahzgul, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 18:45 (2279 days ago) @ ManKitten

I've never actually played the game or know anything about it :D

Probably because it doesn't have a character creator.

you don't need a character creator if the character in the game already looks like the character you'd create. taps head

Dogcow has been ruled out.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 19:05 (2279 days ago) @ Kahzgul

No normal man in his wildest hallucinations could create an abomination equal to what dogcow would make.

Dogcow has been ruled out.

by Kahzgul, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 19:13 (2279 days ago) @ Funkmon

No normal man in his wildest hallucinations could create an abomination equal to what dogcow would make.

Have you played Super Meat Boy?

Dogcow has been ruled out. :D

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 22, 2018, 08:34 (2277 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Tl;dr

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 19, 2018, 12:08 (2280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's psychology 101. If you pay X and get everything included, you feel better than if you pay A+B+C+D=X to get everything included by piecemeal.

Tl;dr

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 19, 2018, 12:17 (2280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

If it kills lootboxes

*narrator's voice*

"It won't."

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread