THAB 1/18/18 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, January 19, 2018, 09:52 (2287 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Friday, January 19, 2018, 09:57

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46582

In which Josh Hamrick talks about stuff that's happening soon™

TLDR: here are two montage videos.

by Funkmon @, Friday, January 19, 2018, 10:14 (2287 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Yep

by TheeChaos @, Friday, January 19, 2018, 14:54 (2287 days ago) @ Funkmon

"hey were gonna do sonme stuff like we said before, but just wanted to outline it with vagueness"

Did I read that right, they are talking about Season 3.0 balance changes. We just started Season 2?

Yep

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 19, 2018, 15:04 (2287 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Season 2 is nearly over. It started with CoO, and its been almost two months since then. Seasons are presumably 3 months long.

Yep

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, January 19, 2018, 16:02 (2287 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Season 2 is nearly over. It started with CoO, and its been almost two months since then. Seasons are presumably 3 months long.

I'm confused, because they said that the faction weapons would be gradually added during the season. How does that work if the season is almost over?

Yep

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 19, 2018, 16:24 (2287 days ago) @ bluerunner

Maybe the season is going to be longer this time. Totally a possibility. But Season 2 was only 3 months. And they said there would be four seasons, so every three months makes sense. I guess it just means there will be a final faction rally before the season ends. Or, as usual, they’ve decided to change something and are making it up as they go along.

Two more.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, January 19, 2018, 16:35 (2287 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Thee way they talked about it means 2 more Rallies in Season 3. This Rally introduces 1 new weapon. Next will have the victory weapons +1 in engrams with a new victory weapon. Third will have all 3 prior weapons +1 in Engrams and a new victory weapon. Start season 3 and in theory all of those weapons are now regular rotation.

+ Iron Banner

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, January 19, 2018, 16:43 (2287 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Josh Hamrick translated

by Kahzgul, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 19:11 (2286 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was gonna write something here, but then it just got bitter and sad instead of biting and witty. Josh said pretty much nothing. We learned his timeline is long and bends towards vagueness. Season 3 was mentioned as when you can expect the first changes (and we JUST started season 2 with CoO), and "end of the year" was mentioned as when we can expect the first of the other changes, with more after that. WHAT? It's January 2018 and the sandbox team is basically telling us to play a different game until 2019 but then please come back to us we'll treat you better this time, baby, we promise.

This is so depressing. Someone please light a fire under these guys. If I were in charge, I'd make the following changes:

- Small, incremental, weekly balance adjustments.
- A dedicated community communicating person for just the sandbox team.
- A literal list of goals that is specific and updated daily with progress.

And Bungie, if your game's backend doesn't support updates of this frequency, you need to write a new backend for Destiny 3, because this is the kind of attention an investment game needs. I know that's asking a lot, but then again, you keep asking us to wait around for you to get your shit together after you've taken our money and, frankly, I'm not impressed.

OMG! +999999999 Stack Overflow.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 20:24 (2285 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I was gonna write something here, but then it just got bitter and sad instead of biting and witty. Josh said pretty much nothing. We learned his timeline is long and bends towards vagueness. Season 3 was mentioned as when you can expect the first changes (and we JUST started season 2 with CoO), and "end of the year" was mentioned as when we can expect the first of the other changes, with more after that. WHAT? It's January 2018 and the sandbox team is basically telling us to play a different game until 2019 but then please come back to us we'll treat you better this time, baby, we promise.

This is so depressing. Someone please light a fire under these guys. If I were in charge, I'd make the following changes:

And Bungie, if your game's backend doesn't support updates of this frequency, you need to write a new backend for Destiny 3, because this is the kind of attention an investment game needs. I know that's asking a lot, but then again, you keep asking us to wait around for you to get your shit together after you've taken our money and, frankly, I'm not impressed.

I'm laughing. 'Cus. Dam. Brings a tear to me eye. What Kahzgul said. ಥ‿ಥ

How did it come to this? What kind of inter-office politics or scope choices lead Bungie to a South Park "I'm Sorry" spree with so little to show for but promise for a better future. It's almost like by making these known in the manner they have, with the verbage they have used, they have made it worse - or some social nonsense I'm probably not qualified for. Seriously, I'm shoot'n from this hip here, I might just be spitt'n up total nonsense. I find myself asking if they had simply said in the Bluntest way possible;

• "We Fucked up"
  • "X Y Z Manager fucked up"
  • "Leave the rest of the studio out of this"
  • "We have found what we have done wrong in our approach"
  • "We are collectively pissed about it and were going to make it right"
  • "We're going dark, and the next time we speak, we will make sure its worth it"

... if the overall response would be any different. Or better yet, do what Blizzard does with Overwatch and show your face and speak to us, as communication is more then just words. That's it, just speak as to roll some heads, but spare the blade. Spare us all this flowery indirect hint hint wink wink buzzword crap... I've heard this before. Again and again and again.

It was Destiny 1.

It makes me feel as If they DON'T care - which I know from the overall quality of work is nonsense. I don't doubt for second Bungies word, but in the last half a decade they sure seem to enjoy the ability to test the strength of it. I just think EVERYONE, Studio & Fan is tired of eating crow in these long streaches of "Oh Woops! - Silly us!". That's why so many of us post about it time and time and time and time and time and time again... right?

We wouldn't do it if we didn't care.

/rant

Well. I feel better. :)

OMG! +999999999 Stack Overflow.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 20:55 (2285 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

We wouldn't do it if we didn't care.

I increasingly actually don't care.

And then I have a night like tonight, where I'm just sort of bored and no game really feels engaging, so I turned on Destiny 2 and a podcast and dicked around collecting FWC tokens for like two and a half hours and totally enjoyed myself. The nights where that sort of aimless play actually feels good are more and more rare, though, and that's really all Destiny has to offer at the moment.

Josh Hamrick translated

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, January 20, 2018, 21:36 (2285 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I remember them talking about how wonderful Destiny 2 was since they'd be able to provide more frequent tweaks, even on a per-weapon basis! And we've seen absolutely none of that. Even Prometheus Lens took them a week to tweak, and has yet to be fixed over a month later.

Remember waaaaay back when I asked for a bi-weekly stream where they communicate immediate and distant goals, and show players something of substance? Yeah, that is still something that would go a long way towards them actually communicating more like they said they would.

Vagueness is terrible (Is that going to be one of my new trademarks when addressing Bungie? I feel like it has to be pointed out to them every single time they "communicate"). You can say "we plan to make changes before the end of the year", but that doesn't give us anything to look forward to. It doesn't show us any progress. How many of these changes will come when the things that they are tied to become irrelevant? How many of these wonderful changes will be locked behind DLC?
If you add Strike-specific loot, will Vanilla players have access to it, like you've implied, or are you loopholing it into your "what you own" chart as DLC?

Communicate!
This weekly update was the weakest in a while. Saying "Hey guys, remember these promises that we made? Read them again! We're communicating!"

And Bungie, if your game's backend doesn't support updates of this frequency, you need to write a new backend for Destiny 3,

I've seen another developer completely overhaul their game's backend to make updates, overhauls, and general changes easier. They didn't charge players for it, nor did they lock it behind DLC. Improving on your engine and platforms should be a process, not a "we'll change things in the sequel" deal.

because this is the kind of attention an investment game needs. I know that's asking a lot, but then again, you keep asking us to wait around for you to get your shit together after you've taken our money and, frankly, I'm not impressed.

I want to break down the entirety of what Hamrick said, because it is almost comical. Let's keep in mind what his letter is pitched as:

A lot of the feedback we have been receiving is centered on weapons and abilities. The feel of Destiny 2 and what makes a Guardian a Guardian. We’re taking the feedback to heart and Sandbox Design Lead Josh Hamrick has some thoughts of what the Sandbox team has planned.

Let's see how they're going to elaborate on these requested changes. What can we look forward to?

As with any plans, the first items on the list are the clearest and well defined.

Alright, let's hear it. Clearest, and well-defined!

For most of these, we are already hard at work and making good progress on them.

Is that their version of a drumroll? Well, let's see the reveal!

The Exotic pass is moving forward nicely with Jon Weisnewski at the helm.

... Okay? What does that mean, and why is it relevant? How is this clear or "well-defined" in any way?

The team has also been talking about things we want to see in the next balance pass, coming to you in Season 3, for the last several weeks.

This tells us nothing about what changes we can expect. It tells us nothing except that we won't be seeing any balance changes this season, so... nothing to look forward to?

Also, Grant MacKay has put together a really exciting plan for Mods 2.0 that will open their requirements up significantly allowing them to be more potent in ways that you’ll end up feeling directly in your ability uptime and therefore total power output.

Telling us that you now have a plan, when you had already told us that you had a plan... what is this supposed to convey?

The rest of the crew you ask? Oh, they’re just hard at work on super exciting new content to put smiles on all your faces before the year is out... And that’s just the beginning.

"Clear and well-defined", huh? They could be talking about DLC, or Eververse content, or events, or texture tweaks, or QoL improvements, or literally anything. "People are working." ... That's communication?

Items further down the list need more planning or more time to actually implement... Most need both.

Deer Lorde.

On top of that, some need groundwork that we will be laying with earlier changes.

Like what? Can you specify a single thing? One single thing?

In all these cases though, the team is already discussing and planning for them in one way or another.

As usual, we are excited to work on building something that you'll love and that feels great to play… Because Sandbox loves you.

I know he doesn't mean to come off as patronizing. I will assume that he and his team are genuinely excited to be in the position that they are in. Surely.

2018 is shaping up to be a huge year for all of us and there is plenty of Sandbox improvements and changes coming your way. As we move closer to realizing all of the new efforts being made, we’ll continue to show up here to share many more details about how it’s all shaping up and how it will all work.

"We'll communicate more. Later."

We expect you to keep showing up and sharing your feedback and passion for the game.

Buddy, you have fewer people showing up every week, especially when you guys continue to make the same mistakes time and time again. Poor communication is one of them. A 2 1/2 paragraph statement that gives us zero new information, that is pitched as having it is poor communication.

They really need a new community manager over there. I respect Cozmo and DeeJ, but man. dmg04 blew them out of the water with decent Updates. Cozmo especially has some of the weakest updates over there, which is weird, since he's supposed to be the guy who understands the community best.

I don't know. I'm almost drained of my disappointment, and joining cheapLEY in apathy.

And no, Kermit, this has nothing to do with playing the game itself.

Josh Hamrick translated

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, January 21, 2018, 18:17 (2285 days ago) @ Korny

since they'd be able to provide more frequent tweaks, even on a per-weapon basis! And we've seen absolutely none of that. Even Prometheus Lens took them a week to tweak, and has yet to be fixed over a month later.

Pretty sure we've had more in-game tweaks in D2 than we ever got with D1. Also, easier or more frequent tweaks from a technical standpoint doesn't account for balancing and testing. I don't think they ever intended it to mean instant changes. Also, the Prometheus Lens patch is hitting on the 30th. How long did it take to nerf Thorn, let alone balance it?

bi-weekly stream . . . immediate and distant goals . . . substance

I am totally behind this suggestion. Albeit I think bi-weekly may be more often than is reasonable depending on what one considers substance. I would also appreciate an increased rate of Podcasts, because those usually bring a lot of juicy details to the front.

Vagueness is terrible . . . "we plan to make changes before the end of the year", but that doesn't give us anything to look forward to . . . things that they are tied to become irrelevant . . .

Now, as obviously this is taking a negative tone at the front (with or without merit I will not judge) I would say that the choice to not provide specifics is, in many cases, better for them than to not give specifics. The internet is full of lockjaws. They bite on to the first thing you say and enshrine it as gospel. Bungie is already trying to keep Vanilla content relevant. At what point is it justified to move forward with development?

. . . How is this clear or "well-defined" in any way?

They are clearest and well-defined in regard to their development. Nothing he says is that they are ready to be divulged to the public? But it is clear and well-defined that they are in-progress on a pass on Exotics. Do you want them to list out all the specific considerations they have for what they can do to modify Exotics to make them more powerful and enticing to use? What happens when that list is all over the internet and a bunch of peoples lockjawed ideas don't make the cut? Or when that idea makes it into a different Exotic at a later date which better fits thematically with changes that is now behind the dreaded DLC wall? How would any of that benefit Bungie?

. . . changes this season, so... nothing to look forward to?

Bungie said back at Twitchcon when they announced most of the details of Seasons that major balance passes would be occurring with each season change. That hasn't changed since October. But they have done a targeted change on a game breaker.

. . . have a plan, when you had already told us that you had a plan . . .

They had previously talked about updating mods and reducing redundancy, I think that was all they touched on. This one literally includes the following:

. . . open their requirements up significantly allowing them to be more potent in ways that you’ll end up feeling directly in your ability uptime . . .

Which is more than information than we previously had on their goals for mod reworks. That is a tangible, referenced effect. In the same way that they were initially discussing Masterwork armor they spoke about changing the roll (Mob/Res/Rec) around, but only later did they address that they had decided to increase your damage resistance with an active Super.

. . . or literally anything. "People are working." ... That's communication?

I'm going to assume that this is mostly for dramatic effect and attempting to hammer down the point that you don't like that they aren't telling you more. But we have left "the first items on the list" which are "the clearest and well defined" items on their list. Less solid details means less they can provide to the wild.

Like what? Can you specify a single thing? One single thing?

Just like the number of licks to the center of a Tootsie-Pop, the world may never know. Groundwork is just that and may-or-may-not bear fruit.

Buddy, you have fewer people showing up every week . . .

So, every game hits a point where it loses population, and major releases and events usually spike populations back up. They're still floating around a million players daily, even with the salt mines people keep digging up. This is a ridiculous bag of cats to open in complaint that they still want people to continue providing them feedback.

And, being blunt, them putting in no new information you specifically consider sufficient to appease your want for information doesn't mean that they aren't providing any new information. Even week-to-week and now with folks more actively engaging in social media there are still bits to be gleaned.

I think a lot of people here are willing to give Bungie the benefit of the doubt so long as they feel sufficiently informed. But while this is a generally more dedicated location, it isn't the same volume of a platform as other social locations, content creators, etc. and for Bungie to start over-promising right when most people are being the most acidic and critical regarding the game would probably be much, much worse. I'll agree that getting a larger community team (because that is what Bungie is advertising for, growth, as Deej and Cozmo are both gonna still be around) is probably in their best interest. But they have always been a buffer and/or interface with the folks actually in development. It is important, however, to acknowledge what they are doing regarding communication instead of just claiming that they still aren't doing enough.

And that last bit was a general statement. Not to you specifically.

Josh Hamrick translated

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, January 21, 2018, 20:43 (2284 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It is important, however, to acknowledge what they are doing regarding communication instead of just claiming that they still aren't doing enough.

I think his point is that they might as well actually not be saying anything. They told us nothing new. The point of the Weekly update is completely lost on me--it's been nothing but filler for months now, other than when they have new content to talk about.

More frequent communication does not equal better communication if you're not actually saying anything.

Josh Hamrick translated

by Robot Chickens, Sunday, January 21, 2018, 23:15 (2284 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It is important, however, to acknowledge what they are doing regarding communication instead of just claiming that they still aren't doing enough.

I think his point is that they might as well actually not be saying anything. They told us nothing new. The point of the Weekly update is completely lost on me

That’s why it’s called This Week at Bungie. The name change was meant to disabuse people of that assumption.

Josh Hamrick translated

by Kahzgul, Sunday, January 21, 2018, 23:46 (2284 days ago) @ Korny

That's almost exactly what my original translation post was. Hilarious.

I... don't know what to say, so this will have to do

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 07:06 (2284 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I know Bungie employee's aren't saints. I know there needs to be some improvements.
But y'all need to calm the bad word here down.

I feel like I need to approach this thread with an antidote at the ready because the entire thing is just seething with venom. I've come close to replying to some of these threads because I honestly want to add my opinion, but every time I think about doing it it just doesn't seem worth it because I feel like I'm just going to get swallowed up in the... I don't know what to call it? Pit of vipers? I mean it's just bad. And I know others who feel the same way.

This is my opinion about DBO right now. Before you talk about Bungie's communication, think about your own.

P.S. This isn't pointed directly at you Kahzgul, I had to reply to someone.

by Robot Chickens, Monday, January 22, 2018, 08:00 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I know Bungie employee's aren't saints. I know there needs to be some improvements.

I feel like I need to approach this thread with an antidote at the ready because the entire thing is just seething with venom. I've come close to replying to some of these threads because I honestly want to add my opinion, but every time I think about doing it it just doesn't seem worth it because I feel like I'm just going to get swallowed up in the... I don't know what to call it? Pit of vipers? I mean it's just bad. And I know others who feel the same way.

This is my opinion about DBO right now. Before you talk about Bungie's communication, think about your own.

Agreed. I’m on the verge of quitting this place. I feel like I’m playing a different game than y’all and the tone around here has shifted from thoughtful critique to vitriol. I played with another long lost forum member last night and it made me think he made the right choice in stepping aside. I’ll probably stick around to use the fireteam builder, but I don’t think I’ll be reading topics for a while.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 22, 2018, 08:31 (2284 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Agreed. I’m on the verge of quitting this place. I feel like I’m playing a different game than y’all and the tone around here has shifted from thoughtful critique to vitriol. I played with another long lost forum member last night and it made me think he made the right choice in stepping aside. I’ll probably stick around to use the fireteam builder, but I don’t think I’ll be reading topics for a while.

Yeah, feels like we're back to the "I must preface any praise with loads of caveats" place.

My main criticism of Bungie is that I think the "influencers" that Bungie has courted since D1 came out have outsized influence. I think they create their own preference cascade, for better or for worse, and for now it's for worse. And nothing turns me off me more than all this inside baseball hypothesizing wankery, especially when the worst assumptions are the starting point.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:18 (2284 days ago) @ Robot Chickens
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:24

Also agreed.

Look, I have two pretty big projects I'm (supposedly) running here, and I've almost completely lost enthusiasm for both of them not because I'm down on Destiny, but because I come here and find a forum page full of 30ish topics where 26ish of them are specifically negative/complaints, a couple of them are unrelated to Destiny (one of those is mine about Gravity Rush 2 so I'm not saying off topic things are bad), and one or maybe two are something approaching neutral or positive. (Yes, I counted the other day. You guys know I do things like that...)

There is a definite problem here. At DBO. Unrelated to how good or bad Bungie and Destiny are doing. And it has gotten out of control. And it either has is is very very far along in driving away the people I enjoyed talking to and playing with. And I'm basically gone myself.

"But I'm just giving constructive feedback" only goes so far and covers so much before a place starts feeling intensity negative.

This has been my biggest fear.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 09:54 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I haven't said anything recently, but yeah, the negativity is really, really starting to get to me. It's the same half-dozen people, with the same arguments, over and over and over and over and over again. (And I'm sure there'll be a response to THIS post, saying "but I only jump in when something new happens!")

I played (alone, because I didn't see anyone on) last night on the PS4, for a few hours. I tried to solo the Nightfall. (I was unsuccessful, but I really enjoyed the attempts.) I played some Crucible. I did a few public events.

I earned enough tokens to flesh out a full armor set for the Rally Faction, and hope to find a couple of people this evening to run the Nightfall for real.

I had fun.

I'm at a point where I feel like all of the arguments about Bungie not communicating, not making the changes that people want to see, focusing too much on microtransactions... they've been made. I don't want to see them any more. (I'm not saying that as the admin here - "I don't want to see you discussing this topic any more!" - I'm saying that as a fan, who's tired of reading the same damn shit in thread after thread after thread.)

I'm thinking it might be time to turn DBO over to someone else. I don't connect with the way enough of you think any more, and I feel like your lack of enjoyment is making MY lack of enjoyment imminent. I don't want that to happen, so I think it's time to step away.

If there's someone who'd be interested in taking over the day-to-day (let's be honest, week-to-week) stuff here... let me know.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:05 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I would like to see less criticism. Admittedly, I haven't played much D2 the past few months, but I see all this salt & think, "really? is this game that bad? I don't/haven't had these bad experiences people are complaining about. I wonder, how much of this is just burnout..."

I really appreciate the positive topics when show up & I wish there were more. I also miss the "hey, I found something cool" posts from back in the early HBO days.

Maybe a new forum category could help. Call it "salt" or "criticism" or something & then I could just skip those threads...

Anyway, I hope I'm not one of the dozen or so... Whenever I post something critical I try to keep it constructive, or imbue it with a "I think it would be cool if" type of thing.

Edit: Also, I'd love to play w/ you on PS4 sometime.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:45 (2284 days ago) @ dogcow

Maybe a new forum category could help. Call it "salt" or "criticism" or something & then I could just skip those threads...

Many of us admins have had the same thought.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:56 (2284 days ago) @ Xenos

Many of us admins have had the same thought.

It's not like Cody has his name trademarked... :P

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:09 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You’re not alone Claude. There are a lot of us that feel the same way. And like you, everyone I talk to isn’t sure what to do about it. :(

Everyone please read this post and consider what it means...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:19 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

+1

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:24 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Honestly I appreciate the game more than I appreciated D1. I just don't have as much to say while the salt is flowing.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:37 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I don't want us to draw lines in the sand. But let's think about IF something needs to be posted (we don't always need to have the last line) and what we're saying.

Would be a sad changing of hats.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 11:59 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:42 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

My biggest fear is my grill tank running out of gas half way through cooking dinner for guests.

Hang in there, fearless leader. We'll get through this like the big happy family we are.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:57 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It makes me sad to hear this :(

I've been thinking about the negativity in the community a lot lately. Negativity in an online videogame community is nothing new, but things do feel different now than any time in the past. There was plenty of complaining and disappointment in the early days of D1, for example... but I get the sense that there was also more discussion about lore, sharing of cool or funny or thrilling gameplay moments (both written and in video form), fan art. All the kinds of things that a vibrant community produces and thrives on.

I could be wrong, but I feel like there is generally a lot less of that sort of thing floating around these days (both within DBO and the larger Destiny community).
I'm not really sure why, either. I know that I've tried and failed on multiple occasions to muster up the motivation to make a montage, or take some screenshots, or have some D2-related fun with photoshop. And it's not that I like the game less than I liked D1. Quite the opposite in many ways. But I think D2 just isn't that kind of game for me, whatever that is. And that is in no way a criticism or a knock against the game. I jump in once a week or so, play for a couple hours, and have a great time. It's just not the kind of game that lights a spark in my imagination and makes me want to put creative energy towards it. I only mention this because I am usually the kind of guy who will put insane amounts of time and energy into those sorts of creations. D2 just doesn't ignite that same impulse in me, and I get the feeling that I'm not an entirely uncommon case, perhaps? I've seen a couple threads or initiatives from other members here at DBO that are examples of the kinds of creative output I'm talking about, but not very many. And again, I don't think any of this is necessarily a reflection of any "problems" with D2. I think it's totally possible for D2 to be a great game while not being "that kind of game" for as many of the fans as D1 or the Halo games were.

The thing is, even if I'm right about the lack of fan-content being a large part of why the tone feels disproportionately negative around the community, I don't know what to do about it. Because the kind of creative projects I'm talking about can't exactly be forced. The streaming community is a perfect example of what happens when you force yourself to spend crazy amounts of time and creative energy towards something that you aren't truly into... look how toxic and resentful many of those players are towards the game, all because they tried to force themselves to play Destiny for 60 hours per week EVERY WEEK and then got outraged the moment they felt a little bored (eyeroll.gif).

I don't know, maybe this is the sort of thing that just ebs and flows and we're in the middle of a low time right now? For what its worth, I still love coming to DBO, just to hear from everyone here, even if a lot of the conversation around D2 is on the negative side.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:15 (2284 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think you hit the nail on the head. There is something missing from D2 and potentially nobody knows what it is, not even Bungie. Then there's times where it seems like, if there weren't complaint threads, then this forum would go days without a new post. Yet, when you look at current active users, there are plenty of people. As I type this there are 15 registered and 88 guests. So people are here, they just don't have anything to say about the game...except complain.

It's missing that "IT" factor...whatever IT is.

Is there a solution to this?
Is it possible to figure out what the IT factor is?
Instead of looking at Bungie to fix everything, is there something we can do?
How do we play D2 differently than we did D1? I know I can think of many examples here...is the IT factor hiding inside one of these details?
Is the IT factor a bunch of little factors?

These might be rhetorical questions, I don't know.

Forge.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:22 (2284 days ago) @ ManKitten

I think you hit the nail on the head. There is something missing from D2 and potentially nobody knows what it is, not even Bungie. Then there's times where it seems like, if there weren't complaint threads, then this forum would go days without a new post. Yet, when you look at current active users, there are plenty of people. As I type this there are 15 registered and 88 guests. So people are here, they just don't have anything to say about the game...except complain.

How do we play D2 differently than we did D1? I know I can think of many examples here...is the IT factor hiding inside one of these details?

Forge mode revolutionized content (as far as I know). The fans made the content, because they got to learn (in a much simpler package) that creating things is SO MUCH FUN!

What is one of the biggest constant gripes about Destiny? Content.

...also I miss Pete. ;_; *quack quack*

Forge.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:25 (2284 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Forge mode revolutionized content (as far as I know). The fans made the content, because they got to learn (in a much simpler package) that creating things is SO MUCH FUN!

Although I think this would be awesome, I can't imagine how much work it would take to make something like forge for Destiny. Not to mention, think about how many assets/models/lighting there could possible be in Halo compared to Destiny... It's gotta be a TON. Sure, they could give Destiny Forge a subset of assets for the community to work with... but... I don't know. I think it would be cool still

Forge.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:36 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It would be great. I would love to see a fan-content support pipeline built into Destiny. Albeit I'd point more toward Snap-Map than Forge as a core. Forge does a lot of neat things, I spent a lot of time in it. But it was focused on competitive play. It might be quite refreshing for fan-built Dungeons or Survival modes or other content to become something that Bungie could really embrace to aid in the perceived lack of content (I think there is still quite a bit there, just underutilized/rewarded to keep people going to it) and to keep a lot of things fresh.

Either way, I think whatever approach would benefit Bungie greatly with direct community involvement.

Forge.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:49 (2284 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It would be great. I would love to see a fan-content support pipeline built into Destiny. Albeit I'd point more toward Snap-Map than Forge as a core. Forge does a lot of neat things, I spent a lot of time in it. But it was focused on competitive play. It might be quite refreshing for fan-built Dungeons or Survival modes or other content to become something that Bungie could really embrace to aid in the perceived lack of content (I think there is still quite a bit there, just underutilized/rewarded to keep people going to it) and to keep a lot of things fresh.

Either way, I think whatever approach would benefit Bungie greatly with direct community involvement.

Something like forge, a community content creation tool really needs to be built into a game from the get go, otherwise it would take a TON of work. Not just for the tool itself but also how it integrates into the game. If they haven't got more than half of that work done already I would give it a 5% chance/hail marry that it ever exists. I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I'm just thinking realistically it's not likely to happen.

I mean, I WANT it to happen, but I highly doubt it will.

Forge. (in patrol space) +7

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:09 (2284 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Can you even imagine what would be made by the fans if they could create stuff that spanned multiple areas on a planet? my goodness. THIS IS AMAZING!

Firefight/Horde Mode/??...builder then.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:46 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Forge.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, January 29, 2018, 13:45 (2277 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Although I think this would be awesome, I can't imagine how much work it would take to make something like forge for Destiny. Not to mention, think about how many assets/models/lighting there could possible be in Halo compared to Destiny... It's gotta be a TON. Sure, they could give Destiny Forge a subset of assets for the community to work with... but... I don't know. I think it would be cool still

it all depends how modular it is
if it's very modular it should be easy, barring some strange bugs
if it's not that modular they'd have to pull the code apart and possibly the models and even the textures, which can be anywhere from "kind of difficult" to "a task not meant for mortal man"
it should be very modular because that makes it easier for mapmakers and programmers in the company, but I remember some kerfuffle in D1 about having to rewrite their own tools and go about everything the hard way, despite the fact I thought they learned that lesson with Halo, so maybe they didn't make things appropriately modular

Forge.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, January 29, 2018, 13:40 (2277 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm a (very) amateur Forger, and I'm someone who's played a lot of custom maps (hundreds), and I'm someone who's weathered the storms of recent Halo games (with Halo 4 having a lackluster Forge, MCC not having many Forgers, and Halo 5 having a great Forge but one that came out sort of piecemeal), and I've tried to get Destiny customs going several times
with that in mind, Forge or something like it only helps as much as the players and developers are willing to make and play on Forged maps, and it requires people to be able to make what they've imagined
I would absolutely love a Forge or mapmaking mode but at this point, especially if maps don't enter matchmaking, it's not likely to be the killer feature

Forge... but not without some help.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 29, 2018, 15:12 (2277 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I spent several hundred hours in Forge mode with Halo Reach, but I’m not sure I’d have any desire to use a Forge mode in Destiny.

Granted, a lot of my Forge time in Reach was spent building sets and locations for my machinima, which is a bit of a niche usage. But to that end, Destiny doesn’t have a theatre mode either, so the sort of machinima I’d be interested in making is a non-starter.

That said, I also got heavily into forging Racetracks in Halo Reach, as well as organizing community race nights. I might mess around with something like that in Destiny, were it available, but I doubt I’d get into it much. I don’t actually enjoy sparrow racing (Destiny’s physics make it more frustrating than anything else, IMO)

Aside from that stuff, the most fun I had c/o Forge mode was playing some of the wild and crazy gameypes that talented forgers would come up with... and those creations require in-depth custom game options, which Destiny also lacks.

So for me, that’s sort of the crux of this particular issue. Forge is awesome, but without the custom game and theatre features of the Halo series, I don’t know how much vitality Forge can add all by itself.

You and me both. I miss him, and I also miss his creations. Playing his “Onslaught” mode with him was the most fun I ever had in Halo 4.

People have a much harder time verbalizing positives.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:33 (2284 days ago) @ ManKitten

Generally speaking, if you ask a person what they like about it they will stumble more unless they've already been put on the spot to put that into words. If you ask a person what they don't like about something they will be able to tell you precisely what that is.

There is a lot of good in the game and what has been going on with it. It's just natural for the ebb to go negative so long as the positives aren't being directly focused on.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:28 (2284 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The streaming community . . . force yourself to spend crazy amounts of time and creative energy . . . truly into . . . how toxic and resentful many of those players are towards the game . . . got outraged the moment they felt a little bored

Reasons I actually never stuck with any Destiny streamers. They are some of the most irritating people. However, I do follow various streamers who jumped ship to play games that were bringing them joy instead. Same thing happened with TF2. You just have to find the folks who do it because they like it instead of because they'll maximize viewers.

As an aside, creative endeavors/fun moments is actually something we have been lacking here. You see the periodic pretty screenshot threads, but not a lot of cases of other things. All the shadowplay videos I have with voice are not exactly appropriate (my mouth is not a clean one) or exciting. But I think there is stuff out there. Maybe we all should have a "positive vibes" thread for a hot minute.

Y'all are missing the point.

by Robot Chickens, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:13 (2284 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Robot Chickens, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:19

Cruel, this isn't directed at you.

I hope I'm not overstepping here, but I'm going to imagine myself as Claude here. Many of you have decided the game isn't good and endlessly talk about that. I don't think he agrees. He suggested that the negativity is draining. Instead of looking at how you post, many of you are pivoting to the idea that D2 lacks a "je ne sais quoi" quality that brings about positive posts thus ignoring the constant stream of salt-infused posts. This misses the point. I think he still likes it and it's hard to come here when the prevailing vocalized mindset is that D2 sucks, and Bungie are bumbling fools. Over and over and OVER again. I don't even think he begrudges you for it. It's just hard to enjoy something and put effort into it when everyone around you is constantly saying it's terrible.

I'm glad this was said.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:20 (2284 days ago) @ Robot Chickens
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:28

I hope I'm not overstepping here, but I'm going to imagine myself as Claude here. Many of you have decided the game isn't good and endlessly talk about that. I don't think he agrees. He suggested that the negativity is draining. Instead of looking at how you post, many of you are pivoting to the idea that D2 lacks a "je ne sais quoi" quality that brings about positive posts thus ignoring the constant stream of salt-infused posts. This misses the point. I think still likes it and it's hard to come here when the prevailing vocalized mindset is that D2 sucks, and Bungie are bumbling fools. Over and over and OVER again. I don't even think he begrudges you for it. It's just hard to enjoy something and put effort into it when everyone around you is constantly saying it's terrible.

This post feels like a peak of consensus for all points. With this on the table I think - Well... What now?

Y'all are missing the point.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:24 (2284 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I hope I'm not overstepping here, but I'm going to imagine myself as Claude here. Many of you have decided the game isn't good and endlessly talk about that. I don't think he agrees. He suggested that the negativity is draining. Instead of looking at how you post, many of you are pivoting to the idea that D2 lacks a "je ne sais quoi" quality that brings about positive posts thus ignoring the constant stream of salt-infused posts. This misses the point. I think he still likes it and it's hard to come here when the prevailing vocalized mindset is that D2 sucks, and Bungie are bumbling fools. Over and over and OVER again. I don't even think he begrudges you for it. It's just hard to enjoy something and put effort into it when everyone around you is constantly saying it's terrible.

Yeah. I equated it to a good friend who goes to you all the time to "vent" but if all you hear from your friend, no matter how good of one, is venting the relationship gets hard. The friend might have legitimate reason to vent, but that's not the point. It can't just be venting. We are doing a lot of venting here.

Good analogy! Therapists get paid. Friends don't.

by Robot Chickens, Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:30 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Chickens did a better job than I did.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:45 (2284 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Took the day off to do some work, coming back to read stuff now.

Yeah, it seems like a bunch of people missed the point. I'm not trying to censor anyone (more on that further down), I'm just trying to make MY life a little better. I'm afraid of being infected by some of the more pervasive attitudes here (I noticed last night as I was reading this very thread that I was second-guessing the fun I'd just had playing the game because of some arguments I agreed with about Bungie's communication skills recently. And then I said "wait, what? I HAD FUN. I CAN HAVE FUN PLAYING THE GAME AND BE ANNOYED AT THE SAME TIME BY THE COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS. THEY'RE UNRELATED." The fact that I had to yell at myself to understand that says that I'm in a bad place right now. That should be OBVIOUS.)

The easiest solution is to walk away. Maybe just for a while, maybe longer - who knows? I love this community, in general, but right now, it's bringing me down, and I don't need that in my life.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be negative. I'm not saying you don't have a point if you think Bungie could do better. I'm saying that I don't want to be a part of that conversation any more.

Xenos, and Beorn, and Speed (and probably some other people) came up with the idea of a Criticism tag - and I think that it's a fine immediate solution to the current problem. I'm a little worried about it in the long run, because it's something we've NEVER done before, on any B.org forum - you've ALWAYS gotten the good with the bad, all mixed up. (That said, the good almost always far outweighed the bad, so we're facing a problem that's new, too.) I'm willing to let it have a trial run.

In answer to Korny's fears that it's going to quarantine the salty contingent - it's not. As Xenos pointed out, the majority of forumgoers probably won't even visit their settings, and the default is opt-in on all tags. In specific, it seems he might have misunderstood a basic policy in this post:

Xenos clearly explained that if he or another admin deems your post critical, they'll move it over. Now people will be like "I better make sure that I don't say anything too critical, or Xenos the Menace will strike, and my thought-out post will be hidden from members in the community whose input I'd enjoy reading."

Xenos clearly explained in several posts that the only way a thread (not a post, a THREAD) gets reclassified is if the majority of comments go negative. If you make a critical post in an otherwise neutral (ie not already tagged Criticism) thread, it'll stay there. This isn't about censorship. It's about making it possible to enjoy this forum without fear of being jumped on for saying positive things.

(This is a feeling I've actually discussed before; it's not the first time I've felt it here. When I log in to the forum, and there's a 15-post thread with a bunch of people all agreeing with each other about how terrible Bungie is for doing X or Y or not doing Z, even if I feel like they're not terrible for that, I won't wade in because I don't feel like being berated, and that's what it looks like is gonna happen. If you've participated in one of those threads, and you read this paragraph and say "well, he's just being a snowflake"... you're part of the problem. I'm not a fucking snowflake, and I can take criticism and scorn as well as the next guy, but THIS IS A FAN FORUM FOR A VIDEO GAME. Why would I subject myself to that sort of bullshit when my bandwidth for negative feelings is already saturated by politics, and social injustice, and climate change? I come here for the company, and to discuss a game (and a company) that I love. If I'm not going to enjoy that, I'm not coming.)

Bottom line: we made a forum out of love for Bungie, and over time, out of love for their game. It's grown to something else, right now, and I don't begrudge the changes - I just don't want to be part of them. So you're welcome to stay and say what you want - I'm not removing YOU, or the negative stuff... I'm removing ME.

I hope that's clearer.

Santa clause will always be real.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:17 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:39 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I haven't said anything recently, but yeah, the negativity is really, really starting to get to me. It's the same half-dozen people, with the same arguments, over and over and over and over and over again. (And I'm sure there'll be a response to THIS post, saying "but I only jump in when something new happens!")

I played (alone, because I didn't see anyone on) last night on the PS4, for a few hours. I tried to solo the Nightfall. (I was unsuccessful, but I really enjoyed the attempts.) I played some Crucible. I did a few public events.

I earned enough tokens to flesh out a full armor set for the Rally Faction, and hope to find a couple of people this evening to run the Nightfall for real.

I had fun.

I'm at a point where I feel like all of the arguments about Bungie not communicating, not making the changes that people want to see, focusing too much on microtransactions... they've been made. I don't want to see them any more. (I'm not saying that as the admin here - "I don't want to see you discussing this topic any more!" - I'm saying that as a fan, who's tired of reading the same damn shit in thread after thread after thread.)

I'm thinking it might be time to turn DBO over to someone else. I don't connect with the way enough of you think any more, and I feel like your lack of enjoyment is making MY lack of enjoyment imminent. I don't want that to happen, so I think it's time to step away.

If there's someone who'd be interested in taking over the day-to-day (let's be honest, week-to-week) stuff here... let me know.

One one hand; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

On the other; It's going to happen sooner or later any way.

Honestly as far as DBO goes, the biggest determent has been how the Story has been handled. If there was more of that, if Bungie hadn't of flipped on what the Story was going to be and all, there would be more posts on "What if" in the story to balance out the salt. A high salt diet isn't healthy all.

I mean, we're fans. What else can we do when the source of our fandom... sputters.

I expect a huge post of excitement when the Destiny 2 Ending cutscene becomes a released event. And it will be nice... or at least the idea of it is nice. One of the few things that brings my hair to attention - well the little I have anyway. :P

It's funny... this game was made to be social, but its often a very lonely experience for me. Yet for Halo... aw man. Nothing comes close to the social experience of Halo. It wasn't planned, it just worked.

Come on Bungie. Get your act together.

^This has been my ACTUAL biggest fear...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:00 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Kermit, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:07

that a fan with the resources and talents that you have, not least of which is a great reservoir of patience, would run out of it.

I don't mean to give too much credit, but you are a big part of the tenor and tone of this place, which is something that sets this place apart from many other fan sites.

Of course you should do it only as long as it is fun for you, but I'll say what has been said by others before--you have been a paragon of how to lead a community with humility and grace, and you've set an example for other admins, who also do a pretty good job of staying humble and avoiding the temptations that come with power. This is uncommon. I know you have gently nudged more than one young person toward maturity, and more than once you've taught this old dog new tricks regarding not assuming the worst of people.

I love the DBO community. It's given me so much. I've even made it part of my PSN name, which is about as close to getting a DBO tattoo as you can get without getting one.

Do what you must, and I hope that for all our sakes, our collective mood changes soon.

It's not my fault frog legs are tasty!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:14 (2284 days ago) @ Kermit

[image] :P

^This has been my ACTUAL biggest fear...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 22, 2018, 15:21 (2284 days ago) @ Kermit

I will seriously get a DBO tattoo if six others join in.

Small and out of the way though.

Any excuse to get another one.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 15:56 (2284 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:32 (2284 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I played (alone, because I didn't see anyone on)

So, this is something I have thought about discussing for a bit now, but it always slips my mind.

I don't regularly play Destiny 2 anymore. I am usually online, though, playing something else. No one ever sends me any invites to do anything. Whether that's because they just don't want to play with me, assuming I hate the game now from all my recent posts, or because they think I wont' want to play, I don't know.

I'm here to say, if anyone ever sees me online, even if I'm not playing Destiny, and you're looking to put a fireteam together, send the invite. I won't necessarily always say yes, but it'd be rare for me to. I would love tackle Nightfalls with people, or just get materials for Lost Prophecies, or whatever folks might need or want help with.

Honestly, I expect I would honestly like the game much more if I more consistently had people to do stuff with--I have fun just screwing around in patrol if it's with folks from here. The game just doesn't offer much for me personally right now, when I play it solo.

That creates a loop where I'm not playing, so I don't get invited, so I don't play, so I don't get invited . . .

This isn't some pity party saying I feel left out--I often don't bother folks with invites who aren't actively playing, either.

I'm just saying I would love to play with anyone here--send that invite!

(For whatever it's worth, I wasn't online at all last night, so this isn't really directed at you, Claude).

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:57 (2284 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think there are 2 problems contributing to this:

1. Generally if I see people online playing something other than what I want to play, I won't send them invites, because I just don't want to bother them if they're intending to play something else at the time. I don't know if this is something everyone does, or if it's just me projecting my non-spontaneous personality onto others. I do make exceptions to this for people I've played a certain game with A LOT. For example, there's a friend I've known since high school who I often play Forza with - if he's online at all, I'll invite him to that.

2. Often when we're looking for people to invite to Destiny, we use the in-game friends list, so we're only really seeing the people who are already on Destiny.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 06:41 (2283 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, this is something I have thought about discussing for a bit now, but it always slips my mind.

I don't regularly play Destiny 2 anymore. I am usually online, though, playing something else. No one ever sends me any invites to do anything. Whether that's because they just don't want to play with me, assuming I hate the game now from all my recent posts, or because they think I wont' want to play, I don't know.

I'm here to say, if anyone ever sees me online, even if I'm not playing Destiny, and you're looking to put a fireteam together, send the invite. I won't necessarily always say yes, but it'd be rare for me to. I would love tackle Nightfalls with people, or just get materials for Lost Prophecies, or whatever folks might need or want help with.

Honestly, I expect I would honestly like the game much more if I more consistently had people to do stuff with--I have fun just screwing around in patrol if it's with folks from here. The game just doesn't offer much for me personally right now, when I play it solo.

That creates a loop where I'm not playing, so I don't get invited, so I don't play, so I don't get invited . . .

This isn't some pity party saying I feel left out--I often don't bother folks with invites who aren't actively playing, either.

(For whatever it's worth, I wasn't online at all last night, so this isn't really directed at you, Claude).

I understand this completely, I've become a social gamer in my old age and playing games solo is still fun, but it doesn't have the same fun as when I'm playing with other people.

Dis has been my biggest fear.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 08:18 (2283 days ago) @ cheapLEY

A lot of times when I get an invite, I'm either AFK, or in the middle of whatever mission I'm in, and I forget to check afterwards. I'm much the same way in that I'll usually hop on to whatever game people are playing if they send an invite, so don't be discouraged and think that I'm just going to ignore it; I'll usually just flat-out say no if I'm not feeling the game (and I bought Titanfall 2 on Xbox just because I got an invite to it, so my desire to play with folks tends to be pretty strong)...

So don't be afraid to send one, even if you see me on Warframe. :P

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 09:16 (2283 days ago) @ Korny

A lot of times when I'm AFK, I come back to see you sitting in orbit with me.

Remind me to tell you guys about my dad asking me about pipe

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 09:24 (2283 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 16:19 (2283 days ago) @ bluerunner

A lot of times when I'm AFK, I come back to see you sitting in orbit with me.

I'm always watching...

[image]

by ZaneZavin @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 21:18 (2283 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I totally understand how you feel. I still have fun and remain hopeful for the future. If anyone from around here still plays on xbox, be sure to add me and send a message. I haven't raided or anything with dbo people in a long time.

:( -7 directly to my <3

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 07:08 (2283 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 08:05

- No text -

Query.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:45 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You are not going to hurt my feelings. Does this, and the thread that follows much of it, involve me in any way?

I'm asking for it. Tell the truth. Again, you are not going to hurt my feelings.

Query.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:49 (2284 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You are not going to hurt my feelings. Does this, and the thread that follows much of it, involve me in any way?

I'm asking for it. Tell the truth. Again, you are not going to hurt my feelings.

I personally have never thought of any single person as a culprit. I never look into it that much. It has always just been a feeling. Some people might bring it out more than others at a given time but it feels more like an aura than anything.

Thank you.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:01 (2284 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread