I’m a casual (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 11:10 (2254 days ago)

I still have not done the Prestige raid. Anyone want to help me rectify this? I don’t want to do guided games. I want to play with friends!

I’m a casual too

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, January 25, 2018, 11:55 (2254 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I still have not done the Prestige raid. Anyone want to help me rectify this? I don’t want to do guided games. I want to play with friends!

I haven't done the Prestige or Raid Lair. Most scheduled raids have started earlier than I'm usually able to & I haven't really felt I'm up to level either.

Count me in if the time is late enough.

Edit: what are the light requirements?

I’m a casual too

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, January 25, 2018, 14:58 (2254 days ago) @ dogcow

The lair light requirement is anything over 300. Given the "Bathing Pools" encounter, I would say the light requirement for prestige Leviathan is 330.

-Chappy

I’m a casual too

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:19 (2254 days ago) @ Chappy

The lair light requirement is anything over 300. Given the "Bathing Pools" encounter, I would say the light requirement for prestige Leviathan is 330.

-Chappy

Yeah, it's funny -- when CoO hit and people were really upset that some of the top-tier endgame stuff required CoO (and as a by-product the ability to acquire the achievement/trophy for beating a Prestige Nightfall or Raid became impossible without CoO), one of the main things Bungie did to remedy that was that they changed the achievement/trophy to only work from Raid completion, and lowered the recommended light requirement for Prestige Leviathan from 330 back to 300.

So, theoretically, Prestige Leviathan is supposed to be "easier" now that we can be 335 and the light recommendation is 300 -- but in practice, it is still freakin difficult as hell. Most of your problems will come from the fact that all of the adds have higher hit points and you will generally have some issues with ammo shortages as a result.

Enemy scaling

by squidnh3, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:24 (2254 days ago) @ Speedracer513

It's my understanding that the enemies scale up to your light level after you meet the minimum threshold, so you can't actually be over-leveled in Prestige.

See this thread here

Enemy scaling

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:31 (2254 days ago) @ squidnh3

It's my understanding that the enemies scale up to your light level after you meet the minimum threshold, so you can't actually be over-leveled in Prestige.

See this thread here

That's an interesting and informative read. Thanks!

All that really matters is that the bad guys still hurt me a lot in Prestige and I have a harder time hurting them. :-(

I’m a casual too

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 26, 2018, 10:10 (2253 days ago) @ Chappy

Given the "Bathing Pools" encounter, I would say the light requirement for prestige Leviathan is 330.

Well, then I guess I'll have to wait till DLC 2 to do it then. Ugg.

I’m a casual too

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, January 26, 2018, 12:29 (2253 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Given the "Bathing Pools" encounter, I would say the light requirement for prestige Leviathan is 330.

Or the raid specific gear that comes out this week. That's how I plan on finally beating it.

I’m a casual too

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 26, 2018, 13:06 (2253 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Or the raid specific gear that comes out this week. That's how I plan on finally beating it.

The light level is listed as 300. Not sure why he said 330.

I’m a casual too

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, January 26, 2018, 13:08 (2253 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Because we played the baths prestige for roughly 5 hours total and beat our heads against it when we are all 330-335. I can't even imagine what it would be like if we were 300-340.

I’m a casual too

by squidnh3, Friday, January 26, 2018, 15:25 (2253 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Because we played the baths prestige for roughly 5 hours total and beat our heads against it when we are all 330-335. I can't even imagine what it would be like if we were 300-340.

The Reddit thread I linked above shows you do the same damage in the Prestige raid at 300 or 335.

I’m a casual too

by Robot Chickens, Friday, January 26, 2018, 14:17 (2253 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think prestige mode for raids is always going to be scaled to the highest available light levels in D2. I don't remember where it was said exactly, but I recall them communicating that they wanted all raids to have a relevant component (prestige mode) for the life of Destiny 2. I believe this is to address the phenomenon in D1 where VoG, Crota and Oryx no longer gave high level gear over time. This made it less appealing for raid teams to invest in over time.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it's nice that there will always be a "hard" mode. On the other hand, you don't get to feel the content getting easier over time giving it that RPG power fantasy. I remember going back to Crota and downing him on hard mode in one sword. That felt good after having the memory of scrambling to bring him down each and every time.

Sorry man, you may have to grind (a bit) for it. Even writing that makes me think you won't likely ever experience it. I wish destiny would get rid of light and just give us universal difficulty modifiers.

I’m a casual too

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 27, 2018, 10:28 (2252 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I think prestige mode for raids is always going to be scaled to the highest available light levels in D2. I don't remember where it was said exactly, but I recall them communicating that they wanted all raids to have a relevant component (prestige mode) for the life of Destiny 2. ...

Actually, the whole point of my big post above was that yes, they wanted the Prestige Raid(s) to always scale up to the new power caps, and that's what they did when CoO hit in December -- but the outcry from the community led them to do a complete 180 on that within less than a week, and dropped the Prestige Leviathan back down to 300.

See: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46537 for the specifics and "why"s.

Thanks

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, January 27, 2018, 20:47 (2252 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Ahh that’s right. Totally forgot about the change. Thanks for the info!

I’m a casual

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, January 26, 2018, 08:42 (2253 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've not done this either. Mildly interested in learning the strategies involved. Moreso with a fun group.

I’m a casual

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, February 02, 2018, 08:40 (2246 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm in the same boat. No prestige completion. no lair completion. But, does it count as casual if I haver started leveling up an Xbox char because they seem more raid-active on that platform?

Anyway. I want to raid.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread