Neighborhood Games in Destiny (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, January 29, 2018, 13:59 (2250 days ago)

Oholiab started a thread below looking for stealthy games, a Kick the Can subthread got started, so instead of hijacking Oho's post, I'll just start a new topic.

What are some "old school" neighborhood games that could be re-purposed into a Destiny variant? Perhaps this is a continuation of a previous post of mine.

Kick the Can

Each team starts with one life per player. If you die, you are sent to "jail" which would be an area on the map protected by a shield. Nothing can go in or out. The objective is to send all opponents to jail. If you do so, round over, the winning team gets a point. But if a surviving player can reach their jail to release their team, everyone is back in play until they die and are sent back to jail.

OR

Use the 3 control points and when you die, you are sent to the closest control point as jail. Both teams would be merged. So, inside one jail you might have 2 teammates and 1 enemy. To release your teammates, you'll also release 1 enemy. As soon as the shields drop, it's on.

Tag

Either as a rumble or team, its a slayer gametype where one person is "It". Kills are worth 1, unless you are "It", then your kills are worth 3 (or whatever). If you kill the "It" player, you become "It".

Hide and Seek

Rumble variant - Snipers only - everything is one shot kill all the time. First to [xx] kills wins.

Neighborhood Games in Destiny

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 29, 2018, 14:05 (2250 days ago) @ ManKitten

I would love to see tag implemented in social spaces somehow. The person that is it could have an aura around them. Touching another person passes it. If they go to orbit another person is randomly selected. Then have an emblem showing how many people you've tagged while being it.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, January 29, 2018, 14:12 (2250 days ago) @ bluerunner

I would love to see tag implemented in social spaces somehow. The person that is it could have an aura around them. Touching another person passes it. If they go to orbit another person is randomly selected. Then have an emblem showing how many people you've tagged while being it.

Maybe reverse tag might be the way to go. When you're it, you have to avoid being touched. Whoever touches the It person becomes IT, then your emblem tracks your duration of being it.

A tag variant in the tower would be fun.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 29, 2018, 14:30 (2250 days ago) @ ManKitten

Maybe reverse tag might be the way to go. When you're it, you have to avoid being touched. Whoever touches the It person becomes IT, then your emblem tracks your duration of being it.

A tag variant in the tower would be fun.

So, we had a game when I was a kid, one guy gets a ball. If you tackled him, you got the ball. You try to see who could hold on to the ball the longest.

We could pretty much play tag oddball in the tower. Use those lanterns from the Dawning. Tag the person and you get the ball. Jump off and die and the ball gets reset at the nearest spawn location.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, January 29, 2018, 15:02 (2250 days ago) @ bluerunner

So, we had a game when I was a kid, one guy gets a ball. If you tackled him, you got the ball. You try to see who could hold on to the ball the longest.

We could pretty much play tag oddball in the tower. Use those lanterns from the Dawning. Tag the person and you get the ball. Jump off and die and the ball gets reset at the nearest spawn location.

What did you call this game, hmmmm???

Offensive name incoming.

by Funkmon @, Monday, January 29, 2018, 21:05 (2250 days ago) @ ManKitten

We called that Smear the Queer.

I heard a variant on vacation once called "kill the man with the ball," just like Marathon. I forget where though.

Odd Ball! ;)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 09:37 (2249 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

You can play tag...

by Up North 65 @, Monday, January 29, 2018, 23:55 (2250 days ago) @ bluerunner

In the farm one person could grab the commander buff from the jumping puzzle and then give it to others. Bonus being their movement is altered enough to be a pain in the ass and not beneficial in anyway

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread