DBO Bungie Group? (DBO)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 13:30 (3850 days ago)

Is there a DBO/Bungie.org Bungie Group? Bungie has said a few times that Groups will end up playing an important part in the future of Destiny, so should/can we set up a Bungie Group? Or is there one and my searching skills suck?

DBO Bungie Group?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 13:54 (3850 days ago) @ Xenos

It depends. We don't have the details yet.

Oh!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 14:11 (3850 days ago) @ Kermit

Somehow my brain wasn't registering that you were talking about creating a group right now as opposed to a feature we can't access yet.

Let's see what the admins say. They may want to create one.

Oh!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 14:28 (3850 days ago) @ Kermit

Let's see what the admins say. They may want to create one.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking :) Great minds think alike. I was thinking "I should create one" then thought better of it and created this thread instead.

Ya'll are name squatters

by Spawn ⌂, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 18:20 (3849 days ago) @ Xenos

Just kidding. It might be worth it to at least claim the name and get something going. I believe that private groups on bungie.net are going to play a large role in Destiny, more than just a "forum" for discussion.

Good idea! DestinyBungieOrg is online.

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 19:09 (3849 days ago) @ Xenos

Group name: DestinyBungieOrg

http://www.bungie.net/en/Groups/Detail?groupId=41582

I can't guarantee it will see much action; maybe that will change once Destiny comes out. :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 19:11 (3849 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Thanks Duncan! Officially part of the DBO army.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 19:55 (3849 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I can't guarantee it will see much action; maybe that will change once Destiny comes out. :)

I'm sad. I tried to join - it said I couldn't until I brought my total number of groups down to 9 (because 10 is the new max).

I'm currently in 15 groups - I'll have to see if I can strip out 6 of them.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:17 (3849 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm sad. I tried to join - it said I couldn't until I brought my total number of groups down to 9 (because 10 is the new max).

I'm currently in 15 groups - I'll have to see if I can strip out 6 of them.

Yeah, they've got some arbitrary caps in place for certain things on BungieNext. I assume they have reasons for those caps, but if so, they're not tellin'.

by Oholiab @, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 21:59 (3849 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Thanks for setting this up! Looking forward to many a public event with this great community!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:02 (3849 days ago) @ Oholiab

I'd be so excited if this figured into who you run into at Public Events. I find that I friend people like DBO mates or just randoms I enjoyed playing with, but I'll rarely party up with them when I get on because they're in some random playlist or some other terrible reason.

If I could subtly just run into all the people on my friendlist/dbo folks, that would be the best thing in the whole wide world.

Asked!

by Oholiab @, Friday, September 13, 2013, 07:52 (3849 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Submitted to the mail sack!

My experience with adding friends has been much the same. I too hope the groups feature on B.net does figure into whom you meet up with.

This.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 13, 2013, 08:16 (3849 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

This.

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:39 (3849 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, I agree.

I used to play the mass effect multiplayer a lot and it was a real problem there because you were looking at 20-minute game lengths at the shortest, sometimes 30 minutes or more. My IRL friends would get on Live during a game and be gone by the time the match was over.

So, yeah, groups/friends lists affecting public events would be awesome.

Help!

by Risay117, Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:10 (3849 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I cannot join due to having more than 10 groups in my feed. Need help!

But we have a group already...

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:12 (3849 days ago) @ Xenos

Here.

I know it's 'HBO' but can't you rename groups anyway? With only being allowed 10 active memberships I don't really want to see a proliferation of b.org-related sub-groups on b.net

:(

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:19 (3849 days ago) @ RC

Here.

I know it's 'HBO' but can't you rename groups anyway? With only being allowed 10 active memberships I don't really want to see a proliferation of b.org-related sub-groups on b.net

:(

For the longest time I wouldn't accept people into that group unless they lived SORT of close to south-central Connecticut - the group was specifically to help organize LANs at my house. (I pretty much opened membership after I knew I was leaving.)

I discovered yesterday, though, that if you leave a group, you still follow it - I think that means you still get notifications when news gets posted, unless it's marked as group-only. So almost all the benefits. Sort of. ;)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 13, 2013, 16:27 (3849 days ago) @ Claude Errera

For the longest time I wouldn't accept people into that group unless they lived SORT of close to south-central Connecticut - the group was specifically to help organize LANs at my house.>

I assumed this much, which I why I never tried to join ... until today.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread