Development roadmap (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 15:11 (2247 days ago)

Bungie just posted this image via Twitter. Seems to be just what many have been asking for - a fairly good idea of what to expect, and when.

[image]

They're also supposed to start diving into details of some of the upcoming items tomorrow, according to this brief article.

Neat!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 15:15 (2247 days ago) @ stabbim

Season 2 starts later than I anticipated.

The changes all sound promising.

This is great, although it’s not the part that matters to me

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 16:26 (2247 days ago) @ stabbim
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 16:36

Communication like this is cool. Glad to see the effort being made.

It doesn’t do much for me one way or another, because my main concern with Destiny 2 has to do with quality, not schedule/goals/roadmap/communication. As I’ve said many times, there’s a lot in Destiny 2 that I love. But for me, the content added to the game with Curse of Osiris was so exceptionally poor (excluding the awesome Raid Lair), that I can’t possibly get excited about anything that Bungie is working on until it’s done and in our hands and I can see if I like it or not. If the next expansion is strong, then I’ll probably have a greater appreciation for this kind of roadmap.

+1

by TheeChaos @, Friday, February 02, 2018, 08:31 (2246 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Communication like this is cool. Glad to see the effort being made.

It doesn’t do much for me one way or another, because my main concern with Destiny 2 has to do with quality, not schedule/goals/roadmap/communication. As I’ve said many times, there’s a lot in Destiny 2 that I love. But for me, the content added to the game with Curse of Osiris was so exceptionally poor (excluding the awesome Raid Lair), that I can’t possibly get excited about anything that Bungie is working on until it’s done and in our hands and I can see if I like it or not. If the next expansion is strong, then I’ll probably have a greater appreciation for this kind of roadmap.

I agree. These QOL updates along with the long needed sandbox do not really do anything for me if what I am doing isnt fun (to me). As a PVPer, Im hoping the sandbox changes may bring a spark back into the Crucible for me, but I'm not sure it will be able to pull me in again. Good on them for laying out their plans in plain sight though. Now if its not done we can hold them accountable, rather than previously when we were just hoping they were working on these things.

6v6 IB on March 27!

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 16:54 (2247 days ago) @ stabbim

Fireteam Event created.

We don't even have 6 people playing on PC anymore...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 17:42 (2247 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Come on back to the XB1 :-)

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 17:44 (2247 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Looks like you bet on the wrong Faither... :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 17:45 (2247 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

6v6 IB on March 27!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 18:05 (2247 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Is 6v6 just Iron Banner? I thought they were creating a new permanent playlist.

6v6 IB on March 27!

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 19:25 (2247 days ago) @ bluerunner

I hope they have a playlist going forward, but the text says 6v6 Iron Banner. My optimistic reading is that they’re debuting it in IB and some form of 6v6 will persist after that.

6v6 IB on March 27!

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 20:17 (2247 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

They do say "Weekly Crucible Playlist" in the same update. Which would imply to me that 6v6 is probably something that would be rotational. It says the same for Mayhem. So hopefully 6v6 IB Mayhem.

DLC 2 launches in May

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 08:42 (2247 days ago) @ stabbim

According to Chris Barrett on Twitter, the second expansion does launch with Season 3 in May.

Matches up to HoW.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 12:41 (2246 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread