...Previously On Destiny (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 17:36 (2270 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 17:49

Last night on Destiny, a group of us had a blast. We:

- Started off with the Raid Lair. And did awesome. We only wiped once on the pistons, we aced the crystal fight, and we beat the final boss in maybe two tries but that second try went extremely well! It’s funny that a month or two ago I was wondering if the entire final fight wasn’t misbalanced, and now we are capable of almost blowing through it. All in all, I love the Raid Lair. It’s fun, challenging, requires teamwork, but it certainly has room for everything from barely squeeking by to outright mastery.

- Next, we took on the main Raid. The Gaunlet gave us an odd amount of trouble due to silly mistakes, but the Baths and the Dogs didn’t stand a chance. Even while we did the challenge in the Dogs area. We got our keys and our loot and just about everyone got two Exotics. Calus wasn’t quite a pushover and we had a good three or four failed attempts, but the conclusion was never in doubt. “Weren’t we just here?” Someone asked as we made our way to the final loot chest. :p

- Finally, we opted for a few rounds of late night Iron Banner. Our teamwork and cheerful attitudes held here as well.

• Game 1 on Endless Vale was a nail biter! We won 78 to 77 thanks to some extremely strategic last second plays by Xenos while we were down two zones to one. (Mainly, he hid behind a rock and didn’t die.)
  • Game 2 on Dead Cliffs was my time to shine! Between rocket kills, a well aimed Suppression Grenade shutting down a Striker, and some good ole fashion skill with my Masterwork Eystein-D, I lead our team to an easy 88 to 51 victory.
  • If Game 2 was my game, Game 3 was Beorn’s. 29 kills (10 more than the next best on our team), and a 2.9k/d he was the clear leader. The game itself wasn’t easy. We started out by dropping well behind. Our Blueberry going for all melee kills might have had something to do with that. He ended the match with 11 of them... and a .88k/d...

But then, around mid match we began making a comeback. What had been a massacre with us being surrounded at every turn turned into a tense battle. For the 2nd time of the night someone, probably Xenos, warned us to not die in the final few seconds of the match. I can’t speak to whether he was once again perched strategically behind a rock or pillar or wall in those last few seconds, but somehow we edged the other team out 83 to 77.

And then we counted our blessing and made a beeline for the Tower.

That’s what we did Previously On Destiny. How ‘bout you?

Great night of Destiny!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 17:45 (2270 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The Raid specific mods make a BIG difference in DPS sections, almost unbelievably so. Took us two DPS phases on both Argos and Calus, and that was with very little DPS maximizing. Now we just need to see if that makes enough of a difference for Prestige!

As to the accusation that I play Crucible strategically: I make no apologies.

...Previously On Destiny

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 18:47 (2270 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Had a fun rocket kill last night. Came through a doorway to see an invisible Hunter; was already loaded with rockets to see if I could clear the zone capture point. Knew I was too close to shoot him head-on (would kill us both), so I shot for the doorway behind me and prayed. Turned out okay. :)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Louis%20Wu/video/43336904

...Previously On Destiny

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 06:17 (2269 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Had a fun rocket kill last night. Came through a doorway to see an invisible Hunter; was already loaded with rockets to see if I could clear the zone capture point. Knew I was too close to shoot him head-on (would kill us both), so I shot for the doorway behind me and prayed. Turned out okay. :)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Louis%20Wu/video/43336904

Niiiiiice. I love those gut instinct "I hope this works" shots. They always make me grin from ear to ear when I pull them off :D

I wish it were a positive experience.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 20:03 (2270 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I was having a great time last night, until I was no longer playing with NA players.

/rant
Solo queue on PC IB has led to mostly getting matched up 1/1/1/1v4 or v1/3 today. And usually the other three folks on my team don't seem inclined to use power weapons or capture points (except when it is the point that imbalances in the enemy's favor) and so while I'm basically at the point of just going for challenges, I can't complete one of them because my teams can't seem to hold down a second point. 5 games, I have gotten 3 kills with advantage.

At this point I think Crucible needs tool tips to explain how to play the game and more reasonable balancing mechanics. Such as the fact that you don't need 3 people in a point to capture it. /frustration

If anyone wants to play on PC, I'm happy to be in a much better mood than I have been.

Other than that, I've actually been quite enjoying Destiny 2. Masterwork Armor has drained me of cores and I opened probably about 80 engrams yesterday in search of that goal. But I can now better balance my classes as 3/5/7 (I think this is my favorite overall) and look however I want while doing it. All of my non-Crucible endeavors have been going well. I finally got my Titan to an even 335. Now if only I could get Warlock boots and a Hunter Cloak from the PowGrams.

Correction, just really bad luck as a Warlock.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 20:45 (2269 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

...Previously On Destiny

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 20:43 (2269 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Started out with this silliness (almost!). After that I did the raid lair with a group in 1.5 hours and a good chunk of the normal raid (I’ve not done the baths or dogs yet) in another 1.5-2 hours.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Blackt1g3r/video/43340356

...Previously On Destiny

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 06:47 (2269 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

So that's why it took you so long to get to that public event! ;)

...Previously On Destiny

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 10:37 (2269 days ago) @ stabbim

So that's why it took you so long to get to that public event! ;)

I went off the cliff and immediately realized I had made a serious error. I figured I was a goner for sure, but it was kind of satisfying to basically replay the Master Chief from Halo:CE. :)

Master Chief always had clamber in canon

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 11:12 (2269 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I figured I was a goner for sure, but it was kind of satisfying to basically replay the Master Chief from Halo:CE. :)

That's awesome. I also imagine myself in that scene when I do stuff like that.

...Previously On Destiny

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 22:10 (2269 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Junior and I had a blast playing a few games of Iron Banner last night and tonight. Old Fire Thief joined us for a couple games tonight.

I'm really impressed by how close and competitive the games were. Every game had edge-of-your-seat moments with leads changing often, and it felt like the zone advantage mechanic really mattered. Almost every game was decided by less than 10 points, and more than a few were decided by less than 5.

I imagine the credit goes to the skill-based matchmaking system. Whatever the case, we're enjoying it!

I'm also pretty happy with the token system and the fact that you can purchase items directly (like that there hand cannon... I can't resist them). I initially thought, "oh wow - 60 tokens! That's going to take forever". Nope - didn't take long at all.

...Previously On Destiny

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 23:14 (2269 days ago) @ Oholiab

Junior and I had a blast playing a few games of Iron Banner last night and tonight. Old Fire Thief joined us for a couple games tonight.

I'm really impressed by how close and competitive the games were. Every game had edge-of-your-seat moments with leads changing often, and it felt like the zone advantage mechanic really mattered. Almost every game was decided by less than 10 points, and more than a few were decided by less than 5.

I imagine the credit goes to the skill-based matchmaking system. Whatever the case, we're enjoying it!

I'm also pretty happy with the token system and the fact that you can purchase items directly (like that there hand cannon... I can't resist them). I initially thought, "oh wow - 60 tokens! That's going to take forever". Nope - didn't take long at all.

Yeah, the direct buy stuff feels nice. Right now though I need every token I can get for Engrams. Aside from the Raids and Iron Banner, I did a few Adventures on Titan so I could buy a full set of Lost Pacific gear which I’ve been slowly Masterworking and converting into Heavy armor. I like the set for its unique look. It’s got armored pieces along with some softer spacesuit type materials.

...Previously On Destiny

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 23:20 (2269 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah, the direct buy stuff feels nice. Right now though I need every token I can get for Engrams. Aside from the Raids and Iron Banner, I did a few Adventures on Titan so I could buy a full set of Lost Pacific gear which I’ve been slowly Masterworking and converting into Heavy armor. I like the set for its unique look. It’s got armored pieces along with some softer spacesuit type materials.

Titan has the only non ridiculous titan shoulders in the game. I really like the unique take of Titan’s aesthetic.

Titans from Titan.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 00:06 (2269 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

They are probably my favorite arms for the Titan, short maybe the Iron Banner ones. But those aren't as visually flexible. I completely reworked my Titan's armor with MW so that I can maintain the stat spread I want, but also get the benefit of being sleek. I'm actually super happy with this overall. Though I think I need to look at different legs because of the kneecaps.

[image]

...Previously On Destiny

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 05:45 (2269 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Had a great time last night blasting through the Lair in like 10 minutes* led by the chapman. I truly love the Lair. I've mastered being the pusher and didn't do too badly being a defender last night. It was my first time beating it as a warlock. Except for the adjustment period while I relearned to jump, last night went very smoothly.

There are two periods I love with any raid: when you're first figuring it out and you succeed by the skin of your teeth, and later when an experienced team is working together, and it's like a key in a lock--click, click, click.

*slightly exaggerated

...Previously On Destiny

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 07:47 (2269 days ago) @ Kermit

Did you guys finish on Monday? You were all already playing by the time I got on, but it didn't look like you all were online for long afterwards, so I wasn't sure if you finished it or just disbanded.

I'd love to give another shot sometime. I still haven't managed to do it.

...Previously On Destiny

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 08:25 (2269 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We did finish it Sunday. I think Vinny has one scheduled tonight if you want to join. (I won't be able to.)

I'm trying to alternative raids every week so I'll probably be scheduling a lair next week. I'll give you a heads-up if you want.

Hope you can play Saturday.

...Previously On Destiny

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 08:45 (2269 days ago) @ Kermit

We did finish it Sunday. I think Vinny has one scheduled tonight if you want to join. (I won't be able to.)

I'm trying to alternative raids every week so I'll probably be scheduling a lair next week. I'll give you a heads-up if you want.

Hope you can play Saturday.

I would like to! 7:30 CST might be a bit early for me, though. It also might be totally fine. Just have some stuff up in the air right now, and I probably won't know until that day.

If you get six, don't wait up for me--I'll catch the next one.

...Previously On Destiny

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 10:00 (2263 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Triple Rainbow Burn Daybreak Strike.

Nowhere near as fun as I thought it would be...or hoped it to be. Taniks pulled some insane bullshit that week....XD

On the bright side, one of the awards was another Hawkmoon, which rocks me with laughter every time. ;-)

...Previously On Destiny

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 12:23 (2263 days ago) @ Morpheus

Triple Rainbow Burn Daybreak Strike.

Nowhere near as fun as I thought it would be...or hoped it to be. Taniks pulled some insane bullshit that week....XD

If you didn't do it with a self-resurrecting solar warlock, you're doing it wrong. That one is totally solo-able in those conditions and the solar grenade do crazy damage. That's actually one of my favorite strikes to run because the warlocks are so broken on it.

...Previously On Destiny

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 18:34 (2263 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Yeah, I did with my Warlock, but Taniks shooting that cannon with literally the RoF of a Bad Juju, and the Servitors/Shanks were just lighting me up, I found myself barely able to get a super in time--which is pretty bad on Daybreak.

I had cannon shots kill me in midair(no wall behind me), kill fully shielded in a single shot, splash damage like you wouldn't believe, and of course the spamming. The worst part though is you had to aim center mass with the ads. Otherwise that one-shot seeker will pop out of their heads and track you.

I got weasel'ed at the end of my Hunter run, which made me want to go out and make something not living anymore. One-shot Celestial, though. ;-)

Armor of Light+Full Auto shotgun=you STILL have to dodge cannon shots to get to him!

Anyway...this week is Void Burn, so it should be a little easier.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread