Shader changes? (Criticism)

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 15:02 (2269 days ago)

Have any of you noticed a different UI behavior for shaders when browsing through them? Ever since this last update, I noticed that when I preview a shader, the view of the shaders goes to the top of the list. Prior to this update, the shaders in view would stay where they were. It's not a big deal, but it is annoying when scrolling through things and trying them out.

I made a video of the behavior:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Robot%20Chickens/video/43392147

Addressed in the weekly update

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 15:06 (2269 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

This is addressed in the recent update - they're working on it.

Shader Previews: An issue was discovered shortly after deployment impacting Shader Previews. If a player attempts to preview a shader, the tooltip will automatically change to display the first page of shaders in inventory. The issue has been escalated to the appropriate team for investigation.

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 15:17 (2269 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Shader Previews: An issue was discovered shortly after deployment impacting Shader Previews. If a player attempts to preview a shader, the tooltip will automatically change to display the first page of shaders in inventory. The issue has been escalated to the appropriate team for investigation.

Thanks! I thought I was going insane at first, but good on Bungie for addressing it so soon.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 15:21 (2269 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Thanks! I thought I was going insane at first, but good on Bungie for addressing it so soon.

Heh - I complained about it last night, and whoever I was playing with responded as though it had been going on forever. I thought *I* was going insane. ;)

Pro-tip: Use the D-Pad to navigate vertical menus...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 15:26 (2269 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Have any of you noticed a different UI behavior for shaders when browsing through them? Ever since this last update, I noticed that when I preview a shader, the view of the shaders goes to the top of the list. Prior to this update, the shaders in view would stay where they were. It's not a big deal, but it is annoying when scrolling through things and trying them out.

I made a video of the behavior:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Robot%20Chickens/video/43392147

One or two quick taps on the Dpad should make this a non-issue, since your clicky-circle stays in place over the shader you had.

+1: It also works horizontally in the vault menus

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 15:31 (2269 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 15:49

One or two quick taps on the Dpad should make this a non-issue, since your clicky-circle stays in place over the shader you had.

This is a good tip. I was using that method in the video but it's still annoying to have it "re-center" each time.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread