Previously, in the Iron Banner (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 05, 2018, 23:18 (2271 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, February 05, 2018, 23:31

It had been a while since I played Crucible with any DBOers, but in trying to get back into the spirit of things, I made a concerted effort to seek out and join some very fine community members this week. Here are some of the more spectacular results as seen from my point of view:

One Heck Of An Explosive Shield Bash:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/43627441

Slow Clap:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/43627536

Not even a Defender could have done this:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/43627558

Good Timing:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/43627592

Golden Gone:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/43627711

The Wall Upon Which The Darkness... Blinks:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/43627264

Bullet Holes:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/43627295

Got any clips or stories from this past Iron Banner? We’d love to hear them!

Previously, in the Iron Banner

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 00:00 (2271 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That Barricade in the doorway is great. Like. Beautiful.

For the most part due to a lack of friends who regularly play on PC (and one who was specifically abstaining from games for a week) I was solo queue and mostly bad experiences.

No video, because I rarely think about it on PC, but I did get team wipe using Hammer of Sol during a Power Play. Probably the best play I had most of the week. A lot of cases of complaining about not enjoying playing on one character to switch to another and have a blast, usually knocking out all of the daily challenges in a match or two. I had very few poor showings myself overall, but definitely don't have a three person backpack.

I do have a clip from Titanfall 2 from last Tuesday though that I quite enjoyed. Otherwise I have a bunch of screenshots from disappointingly imbalanced matches on PC. I didn't record most of the good stuff.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 10:25 (2270 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Yeah, I definitely miss the "Record That" feature...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 10:42 (2270 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah, I definitely miss the "Record That" feature...

Set up a macro in the Game Bar. I have it set to three minutes, but you can edit clips on the Xbox app and upload from there, IIRC.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 00:31 (2271 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Neat clips, almost makes me want to play a Titan again. Almost.

I saved tons of clips, but have so far only uploaded a couple. I hope to have some more up soon.

I’ve recently made an effort to pick up Heavy, ever since I had fun sniping in Mayhem. I think I’m getting pretty good at it. :P

And this clip where I kill the same guy four times in under a minute...

Fun week!

You weren't kidding

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 10:59 (2270 days ago) @ Korny

That quickscope was awfully slick.

Claude right now

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 11:36 (2270 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

I will never be as cool as Steve Buscemi

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 13:01 (2270 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Me either.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 13:05 (2270 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Saw him in a bar in Wilmington hanging out with Vince Vaughan once. I didn't recognize him at first because he looked so normal. The next night this happened.

Kermit...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 14:11 (2270 days ago) @ Kermit

Saw him in a bar in Wilmington hanging out with Vince Vaughan once. I didn't recognize him at first because he looked so normal. The next night this happened.

...you really need to get that anger under control.

Kermit...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 08:32 (2269 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I admit nothing, but yeah, it's true.

+1

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 09:01 (2269 days ago) @ Kermit

The image I have in my head of you stabbing Buscemi in the neck in a bar fight just tickles my funny bone. :)

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 09:14 (2269 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The image I have in my head of you stabbing Buscemi in the neck in a bar fight just tickles my funny bone. :)

Heh. It was truly bizarre reading about that just days after seeing them.

+1

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 12:36 (2269 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not me! Now I'm going to have to think twice about how I address him when we raid together!

You can be

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 14:15 (2270 days ago) @ Claude Errera

All you have to do is wait for the next big terrorist attack, then volunteer and help the fire department.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 10, 2018, 14:15 (2266 days ago) @ Korny

Continuing the theme of me actually using Heavy now, set to the tunes of Speed explaining the bizarre and nonsensical traffic light setup that they have in Teksus.

I should have enough footage to make a sniper montage soon. :P

Nice!

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Saturday, February 10, 2018, 14:47 (2266 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Dame117, Saturday, February 10, 2018, 15:19

Nice sniping.. especially that 3rd one where you caught him in the air!

That was too funny to watch with Speed talking so calmly and a bit lethargically about traffic lights. He was really quite informative and continued on despite the lack of response from any of the rest of you! :)

I was listening Speed, your words of Texas traffic light wisdom did not fall on deaf ears!
I will carry this new knowledge with me and pass it on when the time is right

also, your words may have inspired a google image search..:

[image]

[image]

[image] :)

Nice!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 10, 2018, 19:39 (2266 days ago) @ Dame117

Nice sniping.. especially that 3rd one where you caught him in the air!

Thanks, though that was all Claude, from what I hear.

That was too funny to watch with Speed talking so calmly and a bit lethargically about traffic lights. He was really quite informative and continued on despite the lack of response from any of the rest of you! :)

It’s what usually happens when we let him play with us. :P

I was listening Speed, your words of Texas traffic light wisdom did not fall on deaf ears!
I will carry this new knowledge with me and pass it on when the time is right

also, your words may have inspired a google image search..:

[image]

[image]

I was scratching my head about it all, until my sister pointed out that they have those down in Florida, because of all of the hurricanes and shpoop. Makes way more sense there, but Texas? *shrug*

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 07:57 (2270 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I can't remember the last time I played 4 1/2 hours of the Crucible in one evening. I had a blast with Acrius and avoiding supers last night specifically.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 10:59 (2270 days ago) @ Ragashingo

LOVED the Sentinel clips; I don't play Sentinel, so I had no clue you could tank an entire Golden Gun series. Amazing.

The bullet holes in the last one, incidentally, were breitzen's. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 11:26 (2270 days ago) @ Claude Errera

LOVED the Sentinel clips; I don't play Sentinel, so I had no clue you could tank an entire Golden Gun series. Amazing.

Yeah, looks like I blocked the 3 shot version and the 3rd shot ended my Super. I seem to recall being taken out by the 6 shot version in the past, however.

I’m not quite sure what happened on that video where I blocked the two Golden Gun shots then Suppressed the Sunbreaker... Looks like the Hunter hit me an instant before I blocked since I took damage. I guess being in Super just gives me enough damage resistance to hit his Golden Gun with my face and live? Or my 4/5 Masterwork armor set saved me?

The bullet holes in the last one, incidentally, were breitzen's. :)

Yep. I just felt bad for that guy. Gets a Sentinel to the face and immediately gets finished off with old fashioned bullets. :p

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 15:44 (2268 days ago) @ Ragashingo

@Raga

These clips make me want to play a Titan more often.
Shoulder charging people in to walls looks most fun :)

...I played 34 Iron Banner matches on Monday, had some awesome moments but am not good at remembering that theres the option to record it.

I did manage to grab a clip of a triple kill I got that day. I will see if I can share it on here.

My IB clip, triple kill

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 17:35 (2268 days ago) @ Dame117

This is the first clip I've recorded in PvP. I'm finally getting decent at this (atleast when I go in solo I seem to do very well) so hopefully I will remember to capture some more good moments. :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dame%20Untamed/video/43799045

lol

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 17:49 (2268 days ago) @ Dame117

This is the first clip I've recorded in PvP. I'm finally getting decent at this (atleast when I go in solo I seem to do very well) so hopefully I will remember to capture some more good moments. :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dame%20Untamed/video/43799045

That's generally what I do when I'm playing Nightstalker... but I do it by accident, it fades away before anyone walks into it, and I get killed by 3 guys teamshooting me at once. :)

Very nicely done!

Very nice! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 19:11 (2268 days ago) @ Dame117

- No text -

My IB clip, triple kill

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 19:51 (2268 days ago) @ Dame117

I love how the third guy walks into it and, afaict, gets killed by the damage of getting tethered? But the tether communicates really clearly what the event horizon is. So whenever people still enter them I chuckle.

My IB clip, triple kill

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 21:03 (2268 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I love how the third guy walks into it and, afaict, gets killed by the damage of getting tethered? But the tether communicates really clearly what the event horizon is. So whenever people still enter them I chuckle.

Yeah I could not believe he walked in to that after seeing his 2 teammates get caught!
I rewatched that part multiple times because I was confused how I "killed" him so quickly when I could see I had only really taken out his shield and no health yet. Finally realized it was my tether that finished him :)

I tried to place the tether where it would be somewhat hidden from the way he (and the others) came in from, but he HAD to see the other two get caught before him! So I dont know why he didn't stay back. My guess is he knew I was very low on health myself and was confident he would kill me first and then escape the tether.

My IB clip, triple kill

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 21:40 (2268 days ago) @ Dame117

Well, he apparently missed the giant red-purple circle that indicates the edge of an active tether, too. He probably saw his teammates get got and figured he had range but didn't check the actual visual edge.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread