The Division is on sale (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 11:57 (2264 days ago)

60% off on PSN

70% off on XBL

I'm picking it up based on recommendations I've read here about the strength of the campaign. Looking forward to it, but I don't see myself playing the endgame.

Someone convince me

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 12:19 (2264 days ago) @ Kermit

I bought The Division on release, finished it and got really tired of it quickly, uninstalled it a few months ago.

Then recently, everyone is saying it's so much better and there was an update and all this.

What really bugged me was having to pump 5 clips into a guy wearing only a hoodie. The Dark Zone (is that what it was called?) was a really awesome concept but when playing solo, was impossible to extract anything.

I really enjoyed running around the city, farm gear, taking out little gangs...but it eventually got boring.

So can someone tell me what has been updated and why I should try The Division again?

Someone convince me

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 02:34 (2264 days ago) @ ManKitten

I bought The Division on release, finished it and got really tired of it quickly, uninstalled it a few months ago.

Then recently, everyone is saying it's so much better and there was an update and all this.

What really bugged me was having to pump 5 clips into a guy wearing only a hoodie. The Dark Zone (is that what it was called?) was a really awesome concept but when playing solo, was impossible to extract anything.

I really enjoyed running around the city, farm gear, taking out little gangs...but it eventually got boring.

So can someone tell me what has been updated and why I should try The Division again?

It got the Diablo 3 loot 2.0 treatment, basically. Loot drops like crazy now. All of the activities were given more depth. Running around the city taking out gangs? Now you have both active events that just happen ("hey, our radio signals are being jammed in the northwest district, mind find the source and shutting it down?") and specific "high priority target" missions you can grab to earn bonus rewards. Dark zone? Periodically there are airdrops of awesome loot that's already clean, and also there are super contamination events where you go into the sewers and take continuous damage while trying to down super bad guys for sweet loot, again, already clean (nonsensical though that may be). Incursions? There's four now. There's a free horde mode, and then the two pay DLCs have survival mode (my friends love this, I haven't paid yet to see how it is), and a dungeon mode that makes a procedurally generated dungeon for every fresh run.

Even without buying anything new, it's worth hopping in for a bit to see what's changed. The endgame is vastly improved and feels a lot more like the leveling up game did.

Already have it on PS4, just bought it on Xbox

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 09, 2018, 20:56 (2261 days ago) @ Kermit

If anyone wants to group up, let me know :)

Already have it on PS4, just bought it on Xbox

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, February 10, 2018, 11:26 (2260 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think I already have it on both because I make poor life decisions. I’ll look for you.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread