Ugliest Guardian (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 17:12 (2259 days ago)

I was leveling up my titan ages ago and I ignored the aesthetics of the gear I was using so I could equip my highest level stuff and then just transfuse all my good gear at the end. I caught a glimpse of myself and had to take a picture because it was soooooo bad.

[image]

Anyhow, there's a lot of good-looking guardians out there, but I want to see your worst. What is the worst combination of items your guardian can wear?

DogCow’s time has returned...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 17:20 (2259 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Heh, feel free to volunteer screenshots of your friends!

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 18:06 (2259 days ago) @ Korny

Call our their fashion faux pas. They may not be aware and they'll never learn otherwise.

DogCow’s time has returned... +1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 18:18 (2259 days ago) @ Korny

Lol

I forfeit. No way I can match that. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 17:30 (2259 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Quit skipping leg day.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 18:18 (2259 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

What is the worst combination of items your guardian can wear?

Just post any Warlock from D2 and win the thread. (:

+1

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 19:07 (2259 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

This image has my Current Warlock. Do I win?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 20:05 (2259 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

Or does my Current Hunter balance it out?

Too much matches to qualify...

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 20:13 (2259 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

but your hunter does look awesome.

This image has my Current Warlock. Do I win?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 20:16 (2259 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Or does my Current Hunter balance it out?

The Trials and Raid sets aren't too bad. The New Monarchy set is alright, and the set Ikora has is decent. The rest are pretty bad. All of the planetary vendor sets are real fugly, Zavala's set is especially terrible.

I've been a Warlock main since I first started playing Destiny, and I'm real bummed by D2's Warlock fashion. In D1 they had cool dusters. In D2 they wrap themselves in blankets that have apparently been around since the Collapse.

::sadface::

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 23:31 (2259 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I like my Warlock.

[image]

Holy shit Claude!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 06:49 (2259 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I like my Warlock.

[image]

That helmet looks like you drenched it in the blood of your enemies! with the gory bits and all.

Don't worry. it's strawberry jam.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 08:35 (2259 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Don't worry. it's strawberry jam.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 08:53 (2259 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://i.redd.it/mu94bh737mb01.png

Bad language in this image, but it's amusing.

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 09:18 (2259 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Get out of here with your humble-brag good-looking guardians. This is supposed to be about the ugly ones!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 11:33 (2258 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

#neverforget

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 11:41 (2258 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 11:47

[image]

I wasn't going to post it myself, but the thought crossed my mind. Thanks for coming forward.

Ugh. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 13:27 (2258 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Oof. You ain't got no alibi.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, February 08, 2018, 06:11 (2259 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Ugliest Guardian +1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, February 08, 2018, 07:27 (2259 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Next on your fall to the ugly side, intentionally make it bad. ;)

I just wanna post all the Hunter toe-socks.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 19:49 (2258 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

I just wanna post all the Hunter toe-socks.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 19:55 (2258 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Here, the worst that is actually on my Hunter right now:
[image]
And what my Hunter regularly looks like:
[image]

Indeed... what is up with the Hunter pants?!

by Oholiab @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 20:22 (2258 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Toe socks or padded chaps? I only ever wear Lucky Pants.

Side note: 1 out of 5 (statistic approximated) engrams decrypt into Errant Knight armor. Face palm, shutter, shard.

FWC!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 20:49 (2258 days ago) @ Oholiab
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 20:58

FWC has the best looking hunter armor:

[image]

The only thing that could make it better is if Jester Apogee was still around.

FWC!

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 21:10 (2258 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have to disagree. Like, substantially. The Cloak is frumpy. Weird bubble armor and bug face. Ugh. Not bueno imo.

Omega Mechanos is the closest to a set I think is all good. But the cloak is questionable even there. I am a little, uh. Particular for visuals though.

HEeeeeeyyy!!!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, February 09, 2018, 05:52 (2258 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

What shader is that and where can I get it!!?!???!

HEeeeeeyyy!!!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 09, 2018, 06:46 (2258 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

What shader is that and where can I get it!!?!???!

If I remember correctly that’s the new Vanguard shader. I get it quite a bit from decrypting random purple engrams. Can’t remember what it’s called. Its highly dependent on which armor piece whether it’ll actually be orange or not. I’ll double check when I get home this evening to find out what it actually is. There is also Desert of Gold, a shader from Curse of Osiris that is typically mostly a more vibrant orange than that one.

So here's the deal with the shader:

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 09, 2018, 18:32 (2257 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, February 09, 2018, 18:55

It's not a single shader like I thought. It's a mix of three different ones: Blue Geometry, Vanguard Discipline, and Desert of Gold.

[image] [image] [image]

Just for reference, here's those shaders applied to the entire set:

[image] [image] [image]

If you want to use just a single shader to get orange, Desert of Gold is the way to go. I don't quite like the shade of orange it ends up being, though, as it sort of moves into yellow. The mixture I use works alright for a pretty decent looking all orange outfit. I also use it on my Titan and it looks basically the same as on the Hunter. On Warlocks, though, it doesn't really work. The robes typically incorporate all the different colors of a shader, so you end up with a not entirely orange robe.

FWC!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, February 09, 2018, 07:17 (2258 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

Jester Apogee was a classic for ugly costumes.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 20:51 (2258 days ago) @ Oholiab

Orpheus Rig so aesthetic though. I rarely take it off, even if I'm not running Nightstalker.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, February 09, 2018, 07:58 (2258 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Orpheus Rig so aesthetic though. I rarely take it off, even if I'm not running Nightstalker.

I had to hit reply just to see how hard it was to make that word colorful. I was right.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 09, 2018, 08:15 (2258 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You can highlight already-there text to apply the modifiers, so slightly easier than it looks

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, February 09, 2018, 08:28 (2258 days ago) @ ZackDark

I don't think I've ever used the color palette thing before... I thought he entered the color code by hand.

Silly Mac

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 09, 2018, 09:15 (2258 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Maybe he did, though. There are some weird people in these parts...

;p

I didn't. considered it. Get an actual gradient tw.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, February 09, 2018, 23:19 (2257 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

+1

by Robot Chickens, Friday, February 09, 2018, 00:10 (2258 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread