Stick a fork in me (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, February 11, 2018, 23:46 (2237 days ago)

[image]

I'm done.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 11, 2018, 23:48 (2237 days ago) @ Beorn

Closest call in shadow realm ever:

I'm done.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 12, 2018, 13:31 (2236 days ago) @ Xenos

"boisterous laughter"

Not Calus's, though

wow :)

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:51 (2236 days ago) @ Xenos

That was a ridiculously close call!
I wish we could hear audio for you when that happened :)

All done, all done.

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Monday, February 12, 2018, 00:18 (2237 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

(The roster)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, February 12, 2018, 00:32 (2237 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

breitzen and Old Fire Thief take MVP for the Calus fight. Those two were rock. solid.

(The roster)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 12, 2018, 06:43 (2236 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

breitzen and Old Fire Thief take MVP for the Calus fight. Those two were rock. solid.

And they were the lowest light on our team too! :D

(My perspective)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, February 12, 2018, 01:03 (2237 days ago) @ Beorn

Here's our final run at Prestige Calus from tonight. This is the culmination of a series of attempts at Prestige Leviathan that began several weeks ago and continued this Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Approximately 17 hours later this week alone (thank you very much, Baths and Calus…), we finished the damn thing! I'm really disappointed because somehow the party chat got disabled in my recording software tonight, so you can't hear the radio chatter, which I really think adds something to these raid videos, but here it is nonetheless:

Both Baths and Calus proved to be exceptionally difficult. I personally think those encounters are tuned a smidge too tight, but it was incredibly gratifying to make visible progress over the last few weeks. By the time we got down to our last few attempts tonight, we were hitting our marks fairly regularly. Eventually everything clicked into place and we were able to complete the Prestige raid.

Okay, I'm going to bed. Thanks for watching. :)

What an incredibly tough/rewarding experience

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, February 12, 2018, 07:04 (2236 days ago) @ Beorn

Prestige is such a test of endurance and teamwork. Thanks to everyone for sticking with it.

Special Shout-Outs:

• Old Fire Thief for being my Throne Room buddy and mastering the coordination of add control.
  • The Shadow Realm team. Watching Beorn's video I'm amazed at how much you guys were juggling (i knew it was complicated from all your chatter but wow does it look confusing!).
  • Beorn for being the best damn warlock out there.

When you can't contain your own power...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, February 12, 2018, 07:44 (2236 days ago) @ breitzen

...you go pop!

what the...?!?

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:59 (2236 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Calus giffy dump

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 12, 2018, 07:49 (2236 days ago) @ Beorn

This is just a bunch of clips that I took while doing the Calus fight!

How we warm up for the Calus fight

I have mad hops.

I had mad hops with help this time.

[image]
Double selfies! Almost as good as double rainbows.

I hate when the Cabal grease their barriers.

Mid raid silly antics brought to you by Beorn

You know you have done too many calus runs when you know exactly where the spawns precision shot is.

I was trying to reenact that strike where the Cabal trashes that vex. I think I did a pretty good job.

Anyway, glad to be done. But it was a lot of fun! I need about a month break and then I might help other people do it :D

Calus giffy dump

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Monday, February 12, 2018, 15:02 (2236 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The "double selfie" image isn't loading :(

That was impressive where you had that precision shot lined up before the projection appeared!

Calus giffy dump

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 07:25 (2235 days ago) @ Dame117

[image]

There we go!

Could someone outline the changes?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 12, 2018, 08:06 (2236 days ago) @ Beorn

Looks like there are more holes in the realm, and a mid-run switch of locations?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 12, 2018, 08:18 (2236 days ago) @ Kermit

Looks like there are more holes in the realm, and a mid-run switch of locations?

The only difference is that when someone inside the throne room punches a psion, he gets teleported outside to the void and someone, randomly get teleported back to the throne room.

This means there are 4 swaps that happen every damage phase. It's important to note that the person that punches the psion is always swapped but it's random outside. This meant that we could guarantee two people always stayed in the throne room to add clear.

Oh, also everything is tankier :)

Which means killing the projections in the void is MUCH harder to do. You really need all three people killing them fast.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, February 12, 2018, 08:53 (2236 days ago) @ Kermit

To add a little bit to what Mac said, and because I got the impression you were asking more about the Left-Right-Middle switching, not just the teleport swapping that happens when the Psion is punched...

When the person that punched the Psion gets teleported back outside to the shadow realm, he/she will come in all the way at the beginning part of the room and will immediately be getting pulled up to the barriers -- but the game will randomly place him/her anywhere along that x-axis, not necessarily in the same "third" that the person that is getting teleported back into the throne room was covering. We found that it was much better for the person coming back to to the shadow realm to quarterback the situation since they can see the other two and where they are currently positioned, but also where he/she got placed and is getting dragged -- and it was up to them to make the call whether they could easily slot into the now "vacant" slot, or whether it was better for them to come up the middle and tell one of the others to shift over to left or right.

Does that make sense?

MAN am I glad we decided to do a normal run last night.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:20 (2236 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Darn.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:29 (2236 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was looking forward to hearing about how well your Prestige attempt went!

I've still got a Prestige Calus CP...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:50 (2236 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Anyone up for a try tonight?

I've still got a Prestige Calus CP...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:19 (2236 days ago) @ Chappy

Anyone up for a try tonight?

I think I'd be willing to give it a shot - with the possible caveat that there's a small possibility I won't be able to get the evening free.

Not sure I'm the quality you need, but I'm up for a try. :)

Darn.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 12:13 (2235 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I was looking forward to hearing about how well your Prestige attempt went!

Just join us and learn firsthand!

Quick Chappy Strategy Guide (Calus Prestige)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:49 (2236 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Chappy, Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:28

Here's the cliff notes version of the strategy I've used to get folks through (Prestige mechanics only):

Two people on the "Throne Room" team - they only shoot ads and never punch. One should be a stormcaller warlock with healing rift, the other should have a roaming super. The healing rift helps when dropping Calus's shield, and the roaming supers allow for a relatively quick cleanup of the throne room after the shadow realm team gets to the last barrier. They should generally stay on the right side of the room together and team-shot enemies - let them come to you and use the pillars for cover. Start at the pillar closest to Calus, and fall back as needed. Rocket and grenade the center door when it spawns enemies.

Four people on the "Shadow Realm" team. At any given time, three will be in shadow realm, and one will be in the throne room to punch psions. The left and right sides of the Shadow Realm team "cross shoot" at every barrier except the last barrier (left shoots right-side psion, right shoots left side psion, center shoots center). The shadow realm team should know the Left-Right-Left-Right-Left spawn order of the projections. The shadow realm team must also know the safe paths forward from left, right and center positions.

First new call out: when both projections are down, the shadow realm team should call "clear". The Shadow team person currently in the Throne room should only punch the correct psion once that call is made to ensure you don't accidentally teleport someone shooting a psion. The puncher should wait inside one of the throne room bubbles for safety until they know where they're punching, and then get inside that bubble ready to punch the instant you hear "clear". The Throne room team would appreciate a rocket fired at the center door or any visible enemy on your way to a bubble (you get the ammo back when you punch).

Second new call out: When a Shadow team member has been teleported out of the shadow realm, they should immediately call out what part of the shadow realm they were covering (e.g. "Left Out", "Center Out", "Right Out"). The person teleported into the shadow realm will always take the center position (and shoot the center psion) for the next barrier. If one of the side positions was teleported, the person remaining in the center position shifts left or right to take over the side that just disappeared. Examples:

"Left Out": Center shifts left and shoots the right side psion, Right side stays where they are and shoots left side psion, center is replaced by the person coming in from the back.

"Center Out": Left and right side cross-shoot as normal. The person on the side further away from the first project that spawns should help the center person kill their psion.

Even if the physical positions of the team get mixed up (e.g. the person teleported into the shadow realm gets stuck on the far left or right), the responsibilities don't change - they still shoot the center psion, and the left and right sides cross shoot and kill the projections. The physical positions get shuffled at every barrier, so it doesn't really matter where you are, as long as there's a safe route in front of you after the projections are dead. The left and right psions are far more likely to throw grenades and throw them quickly, so it's critical that they're killed as they're spawning by the two people already at the barrier. As they're done, one person can kill the first projection while the other helps take out the center psion, then they can team shot the second projection.

Edit 1: Most teams are already calling out the symbols in a fixed order on normal. Usually the left person first, then center, then right, but I've seen it the other way. For prestige, consider switching to "left, right, center" (or right, left, center). The center person just teleported in and they're busy dodging ramps, jumping holes, and shooting the center psion. Give them the extra seconds they need to look up and identify the symbol.

Edit 2: Something that most teams don't notice on normal is that there is a second bubble that forms inside the bubble protecting the psions in the throne room. It's more noticeable on prestige, since the "puncher" is just waiting until the "clear" call out. The inner bubble is actually a timer that indicates when the existing barrier is about to disappear - when the inner bubble meets the outer bubble, it's gone. So even if you don't hear "clear", make sure to punch before the inner bubble gets that far (and take your chances that one person can finish the remaining projection(s). Note you can't see this happen inside the bubble you're standing in - look at any of the other three to see it.

Your comment about Psion's "throwing grenades"

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:38 (2236 days ago) @ Chappy

Boy would it be interesting to get that "grenade" as a guardian.

One more clip

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:27 (2236 days ago) @ Beorn

Congratulations!!!

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:28 (2236 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Persistence pays off!

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:47 (2236 days ago) @ Beorn

Congratulations!!

When I saw all 6 of you change your emblems last night, I knew you must have finally conquered the full prestige Raid and I felt so happy for you all!

You worked very hard for it.

I have no intentions on putting myself through any kind of prestige Raid attempt, but it's awesome to see fellow clan members earn that badge of honor :)

Persistence pays off!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 06:36 (2235 days ago) @ Dame117

Congratulations!!

When I saw all 6 of you change your emblems last night, I knew you must have finally conquered the full prestige Raid and I felt so happy for you all!

You worked very hard for it.

I have no intentions on putting myself through any kind of prestige Raid attempt, but it's awesome to see fellow clan members earn that badge of honor :)

I thought it was funny that you noticed! my first thought when you joined our voice chat was "wait, how long has she been watching us!?" :D

We appreciated the cheering section when we finished!

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 07:18 (2235 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

+2

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 07:23 (2235 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Persistence pays off!

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 17:08 (2235 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I thought it was funny that you noticed! my first thought when you joined our voice chat was "wait, how long has she been watching us!?" :D

We appreciated the cheering section when we finished!

I was like a Guardian Angel watching over you all :)
...some people like to say "stalker" {shrug}

Actually it was good timing mostly. I had seen you guys in a Raid party just before I started playing through the Gears 4 campaign with a friend. After a few hours of that I went to switch to D2 and it just happened to be after you all must have finished Leviathian. I looked at the D2 roster and saw your group at the tower. Then after a minute or 2 looking at what I had left to run this week, I then looked at the roster again to see if there was anyone to run Nightfall with.. at which point I noticed a line of yellow emblems that hadnt been there a moment ago! Then I popped in the party to congratulate you all :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread