Leviathan Raid Workshop! (Xbox) (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 09:32 (2235 days ago)

Leviathan Raid Workshop FTB Event

Hey Xbox DBOers! I've been hearing a lot lately from folks who haven't raided in D2, or have raided very little, and are interested in learning about the Leviathan. Or maybe you have raided, but want to brush up on a particular role.

Xenos and I are going to be holding a Leviathan Raid Workshop on Wednesday, February 28th at 7pm Central (8pm EST, 5pm PST). The objective is for everyone to learn the requirements, strategies, and choreography of as many raid encounters as we can manage. We'll start with the Castellum and then roll onto whatever encounter the raid begins with that week, and if we're able to work through encounters, we'll do as many as we can! We'll give a brief verbal walkthrough of each encounter, and then we'll actually practice with people switching roles occasionally so that everyone gets some experience with each of the available roles.

If you're at all interested, please sign up, and we'll build out teams from there. There's no limit on attendees, and I can probably convince a few raid regulars to fill in any gaps if we're short of full teams. When signing up, please note your raid experience level. And if you're a veteran who just wants to help, please sign up as well and let us know in your Comments section.

Let me know if you have any questions, and we look forward to seeing some fresh faces on the Leviathan in a few weeks!

Leviathan Raid Workshop! (Xbox)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 17:19 (2235 days ago) @ Beorn

Having never done a raid on either side, I’m definitely signing up for this one!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, February 15, 2018, 07:15 (2233 days ago) @ Beorn

Leviathan Raid Workshop FTB Event

Hey Xbox DBOers! I've been hearing a lot lately from folks who haven't raided in D2, or have raided very little, and are interested in learning about the Leviathan. Or maybe you have raided, but want to brush up on a particular role.

Xenos and I are going to be holding a Leviathan Raid Workshop on Wednesday, February 28th at 7pm Central (8pm EST, 5pm PST). The objective is for everyone to learn the requirements, strategies, and choreography of as many raid encounters as we can manage. We'll start with the Castellum and then roll onto whatever encounter the raid begins with that week, and if we're able to work through encounters, we'll do as many as we can! We'll give a brief verbal walkthrough of each encounter, and then we'll actually practice with people switching roles occasionally so that everyone gets some experience with each of the available roles.

If you're at all interested, please sign up, and we'll build out teams from there. There's no limit on attendees, and I can probably convince a few raid regulars to fill in any gaps if we're short of full teams. When signing up, please note your raid experience level. And if you're a veteran who just wants to help, please sign up as well and let us know in your Comments section.

Let me know if you have any questions, and we look forward to seeing some fresh faces on the Leviathan in a few weeks!

Let's get some two teams and some fresh faces! Heck, lets get a full platoon out there!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, February 17, 2018, 11:36 (2231 days ago) @ Beorn

It might be worthwhile listing what kind of strategy you are going to be working on. For example, I've never done a mobile strategy for Gauntlet, so I'd sign up just to work out that.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, February 19, 2018, 13:33 (2229 days ago) @ Vortech

It might be worthwhile listing what kind of strategy you are going to be working on. For example, I've never done a mobile strategy for Gauntlet, so I'd sign up just to work out that.

Sign up and be sure to put that in your note. I was going to cover both "mobile" and "stationary" strats for Gauntlet. I actually think that mobile might be easier to grasp for a new group, but I wanted to see how they were received.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 19, 2018, 15:21 (2229 days ago) @ Beorn

I did mobile for the first time last week. I'm surprised by how easy it flowed, considering it's much more complex than stationary.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, February 19, 2018, 15:39 (2229 days ago) @ ZackDark

Overall, it’s more complex. However, it divides the complexity so you can reduce it on the individual level. You can then move people to handle the positions with the level of complexity that they are comfortable with.

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Sunday, February 18, 2018, 14:01 (2230 days ago) @ Beorn

I've lurked here for a loooong time and love y'alls perspectives and conversations.
D2 was not well received by my clan and we're basically non-existent today. :(
I'd love to hop in.
Looking forward to learning what to do!
Thanks for setting this up.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 19, 2018, 07:58 (2229 days ago) @ Fantom

I've lurked here for a loooong time and love y'alls perspectives and conversations.
D2 was not well received by my clan and we're basically non-existent today. :(
I'd love to hop in.
Looking forward to learning what to do!
Thanks for setting this up.

Love to see people come out of the wood works, even if they were lurking from there the whole time! I was a lurker myself before I found some of these guys to play with!

Perfect username

by Robot Chickens, Monday, February 19, 2018, 14:17 (2229 days ago) @ Fantom

I had a similar experience with the HBO board. Now I talk too much...

Tomorrow! (aka, "All aboard!")

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 09:58 (2221 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm going to start dividing up teams for the event tomorrow, so this is a final call to sign up for the event if you haven't already (or update your status from Tentative if you know you'll be able to make it).

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 10:24 (2221 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm going to start dividing up teams for the event tomorrow, so this is a final call to sign up for the event if you haven't already (or update your status from Tentative if you know you'll be able to make it).

THIS IS HAPPENING!!! EEEEEEEE!!

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 14:12 (2221 days ago) @ Beorn

Super excited.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 09:22 (2220 days ago) @ Beorn

Just FYI, I can play only until 10 p.m. EST.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 14:22 (2220 days ago) @ Beorn

Need to run an errand beforehand, I should still be on-time but FYI.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 16:46 (2220 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Looks like I’ll be rather late.

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 16:28 (2220 days ago) @ Beorn

I am signed up and will be there!

Hoping to get some practice in the dog / pleasure gardens specifically.
I need to take some time to get more familiar with the layout
and also hopefully get a chance to try out being one of the spotters / shooters

Thanks for all the fish!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 21:22 (2220 days ago) @ Beorn

I have to say, I had a great time running through the Leviathan with our group tonight, and I think everyone learned something about each encounter. Thanks to everyone who joined, and I hope we can do another one of these before long!

Thanks for all the fish!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 01, 2018, 05:45 (2219 days ago) @ Beorn

I have to say, I had a great time running through the Leviathan with our group tonight, and I think everyone learned something about each encounter. Thanks to everyone who joined, and I hope we can do another one of these before long!

It was lots of fun! It's always interesting with new people. I have done the raid more times than I can count and I still did something new!

We definitely need to do this again. Not only just to see so many DBOers on at one time :D

Thanks for all the fish!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 01, 2018, 05:48 (2219 days ago) @ Beorn

What about Friday on the PS4? ;)

The time I was there went very smoothly and I don't think it was because of me. Had a great time.

Thanks for all the fish!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 01, 2018, 06:00 (2219 days ago) @ Kermit

The time I was there went very smoothly and I don't think it was because of me. Had a great time.

You were a laser holder in the gardens, that shit isn't easy and we all did fine! I mean, you only messed up twice? that's impressive.

Thanks for all the fish!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 01, 2018, 08:13 (2219 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You were a laser holder in the gardens, that shit isn't easy and we all did fine! I mean, you only messed up twice? that's impressive.

I recommend that everyone try the laser holder role at least once. I haven't tried it since my blind run when no one knew what they were doing. Like Beorn said, the room looks completely different from up there--it's much less scary and much more understandable.

It's always been my least favorite encounter but I feel better about it now.

Thanks for all the fish!

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Thursday, March 01, 2018, 09:22 (2219 days ago) @ Kermit

I feel Team 2 did rather well also. Made it to Calus, ran out of time.

Seriously one of the smoothest "1st go" I've ever had in a raid in destiny.

Was coming off a 10hr workday and a root canal, a perfect ending to a long ass day.

Thanks again, I'm down learn Calus when the opportunity arises.

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 01, 2018, 09:46 (2219 days ago) @ Fantom

- No text -

*Morpheus414 waves*

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 01, 2018, 22:38 (2219 days ago) @ Beorn

You know it's a good idea.

;-D

Punch Morpheus414!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, March 02, 2018, 05:12 (2218 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Thank you guys for hosting!

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Saturday, March 03, 2018, 17:39 (2217 days ago) @ Beorn

Thank you Beorn and Mac for taking the time to guide us!
Thank you to those who led the other team too.
It was very helpful

I got to try out the laser crystal in the dogs / garden area. As Beorn and Kermit have pointed out it really does help to see the area, flowers, etc from up there. I am hoping I don't get so lost now when I am on the ground team.

I also got to run right side in baths. Nothing major as it is the same thing as left essentially, but was still nice to experience that side.

and last but not least, I ran the dreaded "right side" on Away Team / The Upside-Down / Shadow Realm. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I owe a lot of thanks to BlueRunner and Beorn for that as their trials and misery running that side brought them to learn the "trick" to get by it.

I know not everyone has this issue, but for myself and many others I think when we first run a new role the biggest issue is nerves. The laser crystal sounded difficult after it was all first explained, and it felt overwhelming when we first started the round and I was up there and feeling a lot of pressure (from myself) to guide the ground team and not screw up (which I did screw up anyway for the first 2 rounds). But on the 3rd time it "clicked" and I realized like Mac and Beorn said, it's really not that bad once you 'get it'. I can't say I will feel confident up there if I do it again since I've only had the one experience, but I feel a lot better about it than before. And now that the initial panic is gone, I can relax and focus better.

It was also nice getting to meet and run with some other people from the community.
:)

p.s. Mac - the "half a Hunter" comment the other night was just meant to reference the fact that you don't run a Hunter as your primary. Nothing more. It was not meant to imply you were a weak player in any way :) You still played well and were a strong member of the team despite not being on your primary (and despite confusing Kermit for me in the baths. - I just realized how that sounds... heh) ;)

Speaking of the Upside-Down

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 04, 2018, 02:27 (2216 days ago) @ Dame117

Is Team 2 going to try Calus?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread