Another IMAX PSA (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:44 (2205 days ago)

This tweet is very misleading:

https://twitter.com/IMAX/status/973559306145574912

If you are expecting the awesomeness of the IMAX in Dark Knight / Rises, Interstellar, or Dunkirk, think again. Infinity Wars was not shot on IMAX film, but rather a modified Arri 65 in conjunction with the IMAX corp. You're getting an (at most) 6560x3100 image captured digitally. It's not on film. It's not the 1.43:1 aspect ratio. If you've seen films like the Revenant, you've seen what the camera can do. Plus there's gonna be so much CG anyway, most of the frame probably isn't original photography!

Don't be misled.

Another IMAX PSA

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:01 (2205 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You'd have to convince me that another Avengers movie is worth going to see in theaters before I could even begin to care.

And I like the modern Marvel movies, so it's not just a dig. I've seen a grand total of three movies in theaters over the past three years, and they all had Star Wars in the title. I hate going to theaters, IMAX or regular.

Can we please get day and date digital rentals, please? I'll gladly pay $20 to rent a movie from my house that is currently in theaters if it means I can stay home (which, hint: I'm going to do anyway).

Interesting, and good to know.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:17 (2205 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Pro Tip:

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:44 (2205 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Look for 70mm, not IMAX if you’re looking for the old school IMAX experience. IMAX as a brand has really evolved to be more cost effective and popular.

I love filmmakers who use the 70mm format, but I understand why it’s less popular for studios to use.

Another IMAX PSA

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 15, 2018, 16:39 (2205 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You're getting an (at most) 6560x3100 image [...] It's not the 1.43:1 aspect ratio.

This part is pretty important to me. Thanks for the info.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread