News that makes me happy. (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 02, 2018, 16:07 (2188 days ago)

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Important-Free-Updates-Coming-to-Shadow-of-War/m-p/1831034#M762

On the subject of microtransations in Shadow of War:

...Simply being aware that [orcs] are available for purchase reduces the immersion in the world and takes away from the challenge of building your personal army and your fortresses. In order to fully restore the core promise of the Nemesis System, we’ll be permanently removing Gold, War Chests and the Market from Shadow of War. This means the option to purchase Gold with real-world money and the ability to gain Orc Followers from War Chests will be removed.

They're also reworking the grindy endgame (ie. the thing that pushed you towards paying to skip ahead).

Stuff like this gives me hope for the future of the industry, as well as the future of other certain franchises. If Monolith follows through with these promises, I can easily see myself picking up Shadow of War - I platinumed the original game twice over.

+1, and same boat-ish.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 02, 2018, 16:45 (2188 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 02, 2018, 18:24 (2187 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread