Okay, so THIS is a gun I'm looking forward to using again. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:06 (2200 days ago)

Destiny is at it's best when it's wild and crazy, love it

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:07 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Explosions?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:09 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

+1000

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:16 (2200 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Okay, so THIS is a gun I'm looking forward to using again.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:21 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hell yes. I've always loved Graviton Lance in theory (best weapon sound in game? always debatable, but it's a strong contender), but it hasn't been all that practical to give up an exotic slot for it.

Okay, so THIS is a gun I'm looking forward to using again.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 12:33 (2200 days ago) @ stabbim

Hell yes. I've always loved Graviton Lance in theory (best weapon sound in game? always debatable, but it's a strong contender), but it hasn't been all that practical to give up an exotic slot for it.

"F-F-FYOOOMMM"
[image]
Great Googly Moogly

Just a test...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 13:41 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(I got tired of not being able to embed tweets.)

Whoa, nice!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 13:48 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Looks pretty good (on the one and only test case I've seen, anyway).

lol

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 13:57 (2200 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Just a test...

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:10 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I’d always been told you didn’t have a Twitter account...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:29 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

You've been told correctly.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 14:39 (2200 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

[shax voice] OH YES

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 13:44 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Always loved the gun. Don't care what y'all say.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 15:33 (2200 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

They posted a new one today:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 10:29 (2199 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm sad - you're not even using the new functionality!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 11:00 (2199 days ago) @ CyberKN

What gun is this…

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 11:33 (2199 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Skyburner's Oath

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 12:35 (2199 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Which is funny, because it wasn't one that I felt was lacking. Actually, I sometimes found myself using it too much and not giving other exotics a chance in that slot. But hey, I'm not going to say no to explosions.

Skyburner's Oath

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 13:31 (2199 days ago) @ stabbim

I wonder if it still shoots through shields.

Skyburner's Oath

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 20:17 (2199 days ago) @ bluerunner

Interesting question indeed. My guess would be no on the unzoomed explosive mode, but I'm not sure on the zoomed mode. Hopefully yes? I'd rather have the shield piercing than the explosives, IF I only get to pick one.

Another. I don't even know what this gun is.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 23, 2018, 11:11 (2194 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Tractor Cannon

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 23, 2018, 11:31 (2194 days ago) @ CyberKN

Given the description and the yellow damage numbers (plus the void-y visual effect after the first shot), I assume it now buffs subsequent void damage to the target.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 23, 2018, 11:32 (2194 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's the boop gun. Used for booping in Crucible, but pretty useless anywhere else.

Looks like now it'll amplify Void damage, much like Sunsingers and Sunbreaker Titans can with Solar.

Will it stack? Probably not.
Is it exciting? Not really, but it's technically better than it was before...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 23, 2018, 13:19 (2194 days ago) @ CyberKN

Awe, that is so the opposite of what I was hoping for with that gun. The TC is probably the most potentially fun weapon in the game. If they want to truly elevate it, they should be buffing its cuncussive force and making it more do more against larger enemies. Launching trash-mobs through the air is what it’s all about. The thing about it that sucks is when you hit a larger target with it and nothing happens. A void-amplifying boost certainly makes it effective, but it won’t make it any more fun.

Of course, it is possible that they’ve boosted the impact as well... but I doubt it. If they had the option to show a clip of a Tractor Cannon launching a bunch of Legionaries through the air, you’d think they’d lead with that lol

Also Cyber, you should watch this if you haven’t already

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 23, 2018, 14:32 (2194 days ago) @ CyberKN

It’s probably my favourite piece of Destiny community content :)

Is it me...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 23, 2018, 14:51 (2194 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...or does that thing look a little like Pikachu when you have it equipped?

CAN'T UNSEE

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 23, 2018, 15:04 (2194 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

lol sorry

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 23, 2018, 15:06 (2194 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

(not sorry)

lol sorry

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 23, 2018, 15:07 (2194 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(not sorry)

It's like he's wearing Pikachu on his arm... (shudders)

lol sorry

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 23, 2018, 17:08 (2194 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

(not sorry)

It's like he's wearing Pikachu on his arm... (shudders)

Please don't ask where his fingers are.

lol sorry

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 23, 2018, 17:54 (2194 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

Also Cyber, you should watch this if you haven’t already

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 13:47 (2193 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Reading the title of that video, I seriously thought he was talking about the Prospector or something.

The Tractor Cannon isn't trash, it's just situational. However, it does look fun if this video proves it!

Another exotic gun change...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 13:25 (2193 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not sure if it was covered in the reveal stream (I did hear about double-damage ricochet), but Hard Light's elemental swap will now work like the Borealis.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 14:04 (2193 days ago) @ Korny

Not sure if it was covered in the reveal stream

It was, but only very briefly. Very cool function, and now that it's a thing I kind of wonder why it wasn't always that way.

but Hard Light's elemental swap will now work like the Borealis.

Yeah, I had to look up what that was.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 14:14 (2193 days ago) @ stabbim

Very cool function, and now that it's a thing I kind of wonder why it wasn't always that way.

Especially considering that it WAS already that way for another weapon with the same feature.

but Hard Light's elemental swap will now work like the Borealis.

Yeah, I had to look up what that was.

A sniper that can change elements like Hard Light, but in a way that actually makes sense.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread