Iron Banner Tonight XBOX (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 17:08 (2193 days ago)
edited by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 17:35

Hello fellow brawlers. There’s a lot of people signed up for tonight and I’m not sure how many will be on at any given time. There will probably have to be multiple parties. At the risk of not giving enough structure to this event, here is my goal for the evening.

This should be a fun night for DBO XBOXers to hang out and enjoy the pleasure of gaming together in the crucible.

Keeping that in mind, I have a couple of hopes and etiquette suggestions I have for those participating. This isn’t going to be centrally organized and regulated, but I’ll do my best to suggest a group to someone if they message me.

• If you see someone online and you have space in the party, invite them to join.
  • If you’ve been with a group for a while and you see someone who is playing alone, volunteer to rotate in and out.
  • If it makes sense to split the party to accommodate more people, please use your discretion to do so.
  • Come prepared. Make your tower runs before joining the party. If a group collectively decides to go down after a few games that's great. Use those tower runs to check on other groups or sub in/out.
  • Be kind to each other. While I don't expect any of our teams to fall to the enemy, occasional losing streaks happen in IB. Keep up a good attitude to the best of your ability.

I'm really looking forward to playing with everyone and I wish y'all the best as DBO challenges the world.

Cheering y'all on

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 19:37 (2193 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Thanks!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 21:27 (2193 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

That was a serious blast. 12-1 for the night (including one Mercy)... not too shabby!

Initial assessment of 6v6 in Destiny 2: FANTASTIC!

(I might have felt differently if I'd been playing alone.)

Super fun night

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 06:18 (2192 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Last night was a blast! MY microphone was on mute the whole night because A.) when I'm playing Crucible I often talk to myself and B.) allergies have my sniffing and coughing like crazy. I think the first thing I said all night was "thanks y'all, good night"

This was the first Crucible I've played in a long time and an even way longer time since playing with friends, it was a blast.

The game play also felt great. It's the first time I've really dug in since after the "go fast" update and there were so many things that felt different.

• SUPERS - Getting to use my super at least twice per game, (a couple of games I got it three times) felt so good. And it wasn't at a pace where everyone in the entire time got their super at the same time. There were still 3 times where I popped my golden gun and was killed mid animation.

• WEAPONS - I played around with different weapons. I started with a Scout and Uriels and was struggling. I eventually switched to Three Graves pulse rifle Masterwork, Null Calamity 9 vex auto and found a groove. I was dropping people with the pulse pretty quickly. Over the night I probably had 5-6 double kills...which is probably the same amount I had previously had over all of D2 crucible. This might be related to meta changes, oorr....

• 6v6 - It just felt better! It felt like a battle. There was enough stuff going on that you COULD go rogue and work flanks and do a lot of damage by yourself. I think with 4v4 it's too easy to keep track of everyone, thus everyone sticks together, thus teamshooting. With 6v6 there are so many combinations of teamwork that 1 could attack 3 and do major damage because your teammates are spread out enough to cover the blind spots. Yes this is still teamshooting...but indirectly.

So yeah. Recent updates are good and playing with friends is best.

Super fun night

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 07:52 (2192 days ago) @ ManKitten

Sorry we had to turn you down last night! I’m really glad to see you had fun! :)

Super fun night

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 08:37 (2192 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sorry we had to turn you down last night! I’m really glad to see you had fun! :)

Ain't no thang. I joined Squids group and was in the chat party with everyone...I just wasn't talking.

And it was fun. I felt like "the x factor" was back that made D1 crucible fun. Don't know if it was a specific factor or a combination of little ones...but it felt good.

Looking forward to the postgame report!

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 07:47 (2192 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

My schedule didn’t allow me to join up, but I was with you in spirit. Hope you had a great time and can post some highlights!

Thanks everyone for coming out and making this a great night

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 09:22 (2192 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

That was a pretty fun evening. Having two DBO teams in the same party chat getting matched against each other was the highlight of the event for me.

I hope a couple of people who filmed that first game post!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 09:29 (2192 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

For anyone who wants to relive through my POV

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 11:17 (2192 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251584484

Most people included there chat. I started it just a few seconds into the match since I saw we got grouped together.

-edit: Seems no one voices can be heard. WTF twitch Xbox app?

-edit2: that first game was my first time in an FPS multiplayer in a month, so yea...that's why i sucked in that one.

Iron Banner Tonight XBOX

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 21:05 (2192 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

That was pretty fun. My favorite part was the second DBO vs. DBO match when the other team was having trouble hitting me because I was so fast and agile.

My one nitpick about the update (and I have played a few other matches of Crucible since it dropped) is that when you're at the upper reaches of mobility, say 7 and up, equipping MIDA Multi-tool doesn't feel like it increases your move speed much. I felt like it was bumping against a hard cap on move speed, and I felt that once or twice before last night, but things also tend to feel less fast over time so maybe it's in my head. Also some guns like the old reliable Scathelock seem to have been slightly left behind in the "raise all ships" procedure, but I don't know if I'd even give that nitpick status.

My one piece of advice for 6v6 Ironic Banter is bring a ranged weapon or two. They brought out all the bigger maps to accompany 12 people, so you're going to be seeing people a long way away, and you're going to want to be able to actually damage them.
I really liked how the Pleiades Corrector, Nameless Midnight, and Agenda 5 are playing right now (the Pleiades Corrector has always been really good but now it's awesome). Does Not Compute was surprisingly good for being a high-impact scout, those are usually slow enough to make it frustrating (or they were before the update, maybe one was afterwards), but DNC was just fast enough and plenty strong enough to make it feel like a good trade-off when used as intended.

Hope to do this again some time!

Iron Banner Tonight XBOX

by squidnh3, Monday, April 23, 2018, 07:51 (2187 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Anyone want to play some more tonight before we are forced to go back to boring old 4v4?

I'm in!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:19 (2187 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread