PSA: Dead Space 2 (MP Servers are LIVE) (Recruitment)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 04:24 (2183 days ago)

We now interrupt my regularly-scheduled lurking to inform you that there are only 5 days left to score a free game with some of the best asymmetrical PvP multiplayer out there (Xbox only).

Oh, and you get a very solid survival horror game in there, as well.

Last night Korny and I jumped on and played several matches, and I daresay it was more fun than when the game was in its heyday. Fair warning, there's a significant amount of gore. I recommend anyone remotely interested snag their free copy via games with gold and meet us online tonight. I'll be setting up an event in the Fireteam Builder. Hope to see you there.

~M

PSA: Dead Space 2 (MP Servers are LIVE)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 11:58 (2183 days ago) @ Malagate

The great thing about Dead Space 2's multiplayer is that a match can be entirely one-sided against either team, depending on how coordinated each side is, but all it takes for either side to lose their advantage is a moment of sloppiness. We played a game as Necromorphs where the humans were very coordinated, but they became arrogant at the last step, and decided to pull away from the objective to pick us off from relative safety, or so they thought:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kornymunky/video/48675232

By the time they realized that the Pack is short enough to avoid getting shot while behind the objective, it was too late to stop me. :v

Also, if you're playing as Humans, the anxiety of getting separated from your team is real, given your limited ammo, and the fact that you are always outnumbered and vulnerable to enemy grapples. Here's what it can look like when humans stick together:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kornymunky/video/48674788

Now imagine being caught alone.

Anyway, as far as asymmetrical multiplayer goes, Dead Space 2's is a lot of fun, and definitely worth trying out (especially since the game is free this month).

As with all backwards compatible games, be sure to check the Add-on list for free maps and the occasional online pass.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread