Thunderlord Drawing Board (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:22 (3872 days ago)

DeeJ posted the Destiny Drawing Board for Thunderlord

They are running low on guns we know, hopefully we'll see some new guns soon!

Thunderlord Drawing Board

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:41 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

You think you know the Thunderlord?

What would you like to see next?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:43 (3872 days ago) @ DeeJ

Personally I'd like to see guns that we've seen concept art for or heard about but haven't seen. Pocket Infinity, Thorn, or Fate of All Fools would be awesome. Or just show us your favorite gun from the latest build DeeJ, I trust you (well a little).

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 18:19 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

The Thunderlord is m'fave. Heavy guns, son. Always heavies.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 18:23 (3871 days ago) @ DeeJ

Personally I'm always a fan of a hand cannon and a long rifle.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 14:29 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

Personally, I'm all about a good assault rifle and a bunch of grenades. Charge into the middle of the fray and blow everybody up! ;)

by petetheduck, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 17:53 (3872 days ago) @ DeeJ

Armor and capes and stuff! :)

I'd like to see more of the Haaken

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 21:29 (3871 days ago) @ DeeJ

Is it a Hand-held weapon conceptualized by Bakken?

Or is it an homage to the Dutch hardcore techno dance craze, Hakken...
^ Yeah, I know, both have different spellings than the Haaken :(
Though I've heard Hedge can Melbourne Shuffle like nobody's business

Maybe it is not even the guns name, maybe it is the name of the armoury it originated from, group that carries it, or a customization feature added by some brave adventurer?

Could it be referencing the Scandinavian forename with roots in history of Norse Royalty, Nobility, the Chosen people?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 01:55 (3871 days ago) @ DeeJ

I'd love to see something with some slightly different use cases.

Examples:

• Grenade Launcher, with hold and release for timed explosions
  • the plasma pistol with overcharged shot
  • Needler where leading the target is key
  • Spartan Laser with it's required charge and telegraphed shot

I've always loved the weird ways Bungie has made a few guns that are a bit more than pointing at a pixel and pulling the trigger. Looking forward to hearing about some of your weirder offerings.

I'm looking forward to being the anti-vehicle member of my fireteam and I'm hoping to have some fun tools at my disposal.

Melee Weapons plz

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 05:24 (3871 days ago) @ DeeJ

Well, at least that cool sword thing from the thank you video.

A new category

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 12:52 (3871 days ago) @ DeeJ

Like many others have said, it'd be great to see some equipment/armor or even a standard pulse rifle. What sort of arms will we be wielding before we can acquire a Legendary weapon?

Edit: I realize The Duke fits this description. But I like that and would love to see more!

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 14:03 (3871 days ago) @ DeeJ

Something to give us an understanding of the overall weapon count/variations?*
It's hard to place each weapon in the overall sandbox without feeling like I'm making too many assumptions.

*probably further along in the marketing plan

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 20:18 (3870 days ago) @ DeeJ

1. A submachine gun. Or an ugly auto-shotgun; the spiritual successor of the WSTE-M and the Mauler.

2. Something that goes boom.

3. Vehicles.

4. More Cabal.

~m

A Spaceship!

by scarab @, Friday, September 20, 2013, 15:41 (3870 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

Yessssssssss

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, September 20, 2013, 19:19 (3869 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

And a pony! Wait, what were we talking about?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 20, 2013, 19:57 (3869 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

An Exo as cools as the one in the postcard but in engine

by scarab @, Friday, September 20, 2013, 15:42 (3870 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:27 (3861 days ago) @ DeeJ

There was a weapon in the thank-you video that fired a certain kind of rounds (well, I don't think I actually saw what weapon fired them, I just saw the rounds). They didn't look like missiles, they didn't look magnetic, it didn't look like the wind or an explosion or anything like that was changing their course, but it did look like they homed in on something. I'd like to know about that weapon.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:41 (3872 days ago) @ Xenos

What's guns are left?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:45 (3872 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What's guns are left?

The various unnamed assault rifles from the E3 gameplay, Thorn, Fate of All Fools, Pocket Infinity... I think that's all the ones we know of.

by Zero @, Florida, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 19:09 (3871 days ago) @ Xenos

Out of all the weapons I've seen so far, this is by far my favorite. Everything about it just spells pure awesome. Defiantly something i'll be looking out for in my adventures.

However, i'm curious as to what is meant when we're told that it "poses an equal threat to the Guardian behind it as it does to the enemies that appear downrange." If it means anything at all really.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 12:46 (3871 days ago) @ Zero

However, i'm curious as to what is meant when we're told that it "poses an equal threat to the Guardian behind it as it does to the enemies that appear downrange." If it means anything at all really.

Yeah, that caught my attention as well. My initial thought went back to the Fusion Pistol from Marathon. If you held its overcharge mode too long it would explode and kill the player. It was a neat mechanic because it made you think a little more tactically when approaching a firefight, but I haven't really seen such a "feature" since. I was wondering if the Thunderlord has something like that if you hold the trigger for too long...

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 13:23 (3871 days ago) @ Beorn

Even after going back and looking at the footage from the gameplay reveal, I can't really see any discernible drawbacks. But there's always the possibility that there are things with it we can't see. One thing I've thought of is, because it's an exotic heavy machine gun, perhaps it assigns that player as a higher priority to the AI when the weapon is in hand? I doubt that's the case, but it's about the only way I can think of at the moment that would make it deadlier to the wielder.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 20:11 (3870 days ago) @ Zero

Even after going back and looking at the footage from the gameplay reveal, I can't really see any discernible drawbacks. But there's always the possibility that there are things with it we can't see. One thing I've thought of is, because it's an exotic heavy machine gun, perhaps it assigns that player as a higher priority to the AI when the weapon is in hand? I doubt that's the case, but it's about the only way I can think of at the moment that would make it deadlier to the wielder.

From a hard science perspective, you'd need a laser to clear a path to the target if you wanted to have a bona fide lightning gun. So we're talking either magic-imbued heavy machine gun, or we're talking some unstable alchemy to have the weapon discharge randomly around the wielder. Mmm. Chaos. My favorite.

~M

by Durandal, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:48 (3868 days ago) @ Malagate

The Halo AI had a number of hooks into what weapons you were using that made it feel more alive. I recall running into the brutes in Halo 3 just after the Covenant invade the base, and I'm smacking them around with the gravity hammer and I hear one of the chieftains yell out "Get that hammer away from him!" It was a nice touch. I'm hopeful something similar will exist for Destiny, where the aliens will recognize your weapons and comment on it, if not focus on ending the murderous rampage i'm planning with a teleporting hunter and his charged up shotgun.

by Quirel, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 19:49 (3868 days ago) @ Durandal

The Halo AI had a number of hooks into what weapons you were using that made it feel more alive. I recall running into the brutes in Halo 3 just after the Covenant invade the base, and I'm smacking them around with the gravity hammer and I hear one of the chieftains yell out "Get that hammer away from him!"

There is also a line of audio for the Grunts, which goes something like "Which Brute A-hole gave him a hammer?!"

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread