Xbox Adaptive Controller (Gaming)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 06:41 (2164 days ago)

Pretty cool device for accessibility. There is a great interview with Phil Spencer at the end of the video about why they are doing this.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/xbox-adaptive-controller-a-bold-answer-to-the-tricky-world-of-accessible-gaming/

Xbox Adaptive Controller

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 06:55 (2164 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Pretty cool device for accessibility. There is a great interview with Phil Spencer at the end of the video about why they are doing this.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/xbox-adaptive-controller-a-bold-answer-to-the-tricky-world-of-accessible-gaming/

As a father of two boys that have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, this makes me very happy and excited.

Xbox Adaptive Controller

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 07:12 (2164 days ago) @ Speedracer513

As a father of two boys that have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, this makes me very happy and excited.

Knowing the thrill I get from gaming with my own kids, the AG mission is near and dear to me. Nobody should be held back from gaming due to physical challenges. I plan to do some work with AG myself, initially just fundraising through streaming campaigns, but also in-person at events in the DC area.

That said, if anyone would be interested in donating, or participating in a streaming fundraiser for AbleGamers, let me know. I've set up a Tiltify account for this purpose. I've talked with a few people and decided the first one will be a Deep Rock Galactic session, but I've been hoping that if that's successful, we might whip up support within B.org for something like a Halo:MCC party. I'm sure we could drum up 16 players to fill out BtB or Customs; and I think there's good odds on raising a few bucks.

~M

I'd be up for this.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 08:15 (2164 days ago) @ Malagate

And about the controller, it's awesome, and I say that as an Apple fanboi who hated Microsoft for many years (after I stopped hating IBM). Microsoft earns great respect from me with this kind of endeavor.

Would love to have you, Kerm!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 09:23 (2164 days ago) @ Kermit

The squad for the DRG run is already full up, but raising money for AG is going to be a thing for me, so I'll keep you posted on what's next.

~M

Xbox Adaptive Controller

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 09:55 (2164 days ago) @ Malagate

Seriously, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

[image]

Awesome!!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:17 (2164 days ago) @ breitzen

Will do! This is going to be a learning process for me from the streaming/hosting standpoint; but I'm open to all pointers and feedback.

Xbox Adaptive Controller

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 12:43 (2164 days ago) @ Malagate

Count me in for some MCC, and if it's for a good cause, count HBO in to get people aware!

- MacGyver10

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread