Has DBO completed Escalation Protocol yet? (Recruitment)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 00:30 (2157 days ago)

Anyone here? If not... anyone here up for trying to stacking up our ranks and going for it?

Highest I've participated in with randoms is level three.

Has DBO completed Escalation Protocol yet?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 02:33 (2157 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I would sometime if I have the time but be warned right now I haven't completed any, don't really understand what im doing, and only about a 350 light level

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 06:26 (2157 days ago) @ CougRon

I would sometime if I have the time but be warned right now I haven't completed any, don't really understand what im doing, and only about a 350 light level

We got six of us in last week and got to level 4 or 5 (most of us were still under 370). I'd love to try again soon!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 07:25 (2157 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Color me very interested. I don't really care about completing it or even how far we get, as long as we get past a total of 3 waves for my quest.

I have been in several groups early on that got past wave 1, and once I even saw wave 3. But, naturally, ever since I got the Ikelos quest step which needs 3 wave completions, EVERY single time I've tried escalation protocol, almost everyone there disappears immediately. I really don't understand what's happening - someone else starts it, I join in, and almost immediately (I mean, during the very first group of thrall) I find that I'm alone. At first I thought it was just new players hitting the button not knowing what it does. And, indeed, that COULD be it some of the time. But I spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon trying this and it happened probably 80-90% of the time. It's FAR too often to be accidental. What the hell are they doing? They're not using the first wave to get Valkyrie kills (which I did once myself) because they don't even kill some thrall and then leave. They leave immediately. It might just be griefing I guess, but again, it seems too consistent to be that. It seems like they're intentionally trying to accomplish something, but I can't figure out what it is.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 08:29 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

Color me very interested. I don't really care about completing it or even how far we get, as long as we get past a total of 3 waves for my quest.

I have been in several groups early on that got past wave 1, and once I even saw wave 3. But, naturally, ever since I got the Ikelos quest step which needs 3 wave completions, EVERY single time I've tried escalation protocol, almost everyone there disappears immediately. I really don't understand what's happening - someone else starts it, I join in, and almost immediately (I mean, during the very first group of thrall) I find that I'm alone. At first I thought it was just new players hitting the button not knowing what it does. And, indeed, that COULD be it some of the time. But I spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon trying this and it happened probably 80-90% of the time. It's FAR too often to be accidental. What the hell are they doing? They're not using the first wave to get Valkyrie kills (which I did once myself) because they don't even kill some thrall and then leave. They leave immediately. It might just be griefing I guess, but again, it seems too consistent to be that. It seems like they're intentionally trying to accomplish something, but I can't figure out what it is.

I got lucky yesterday and ended up landing with a group that I assume all had the Nascent Dawn 3/5 quest and were trying to get their 10 waves in. We could complete the first wave easily, but tried and failed the 2nd wave once, maybe twice, before we all, with zero communication, decided we'd complete the first wave, let the timer to start wave 2 run out, then just run the first wave over again. When I got my ten waves in, I planned on messaging the guy who had been there the longest to see how many more waves he needed, but he went to turn in his quest at the same time I did :)

I'm really digging Escalation Protocol. If you happen to see me on and want to try and knock some out, just shoot me a message. If I'm not raiding or in the middle of knocking out milestones, I'll definitely jump in.

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 10:11 (2157 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I'm really digging Escalation Protocol. If you happen to see me on and want to try and knock some out, just shoot me a message. If I'm not raiding or in the middle of knocking out milestones, I'll definitely jump in.

-Disciple

I like it, too. I’ve only been to Wave 3 once, and we didn’t beat it. Once I finish the raid lair and get around 370, I’d like to dig into it more.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 24, 2018, 18:52 (2156 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Anyone here? If not... anyone here up for trying to stacking up our ranks and going for it?

Highest I've participated in with randoms is level three.

Dang, reading through this thread I expected to see a few "almost cleared level 3" but no? I was lucky enough to be in one with a lot of people and we almost beat the level 1 boss. It was at the beginning of week 2 so I'm sure everyone was super weak, but with that many people, it was an exciting moment.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 24, 2018, 19:56 (2156 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The PC community (as a whole, not just DBO) has some really hardcore stuff going on right now. For instance, I'm on a Discord server with over 1k members (!!!) entirely dedicated to Destiny LFG where we organize to get 9-Guardians teams into one instance and blow through. There are over 10 unique voice channels just for Escalation Protocol, as well as multiple others for Raids and stuff.

So, uh, yeah, I've gone through all 7 waves twice last week. The last wave is a blast.

Protip: Boop cannons with 5+ Slowvas are OP.

I'm wondering if they should have gated it

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, May 25, 2018, 16:04 (2155 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Like Court Of Oryx where you couldn't even attempt it without being able to acquire the consumable necessary to kick it off. That way a bunch of sub 350s wouldn't be attempting to do it.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Saturday, May 26, 2018, 01:21 (2155 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Anyone here?

I participated in a group of 9 (and then 8) for a couple of successful runs on Xbox tonight; it was tremendous fun. Only one person got a weapon. Our first boss kill was with 0 second left, so we got credit for the kill and the shaders, but no chest. 2nd and 3rd kill went better :).

-Chappy

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 26, 2018, 08:25 (2155 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

With randoms I've gotten to round 6 a few times, but never any further. That power level increase is nuts. I think once a few of us are over 380 it won't be too bad.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread