Raiding Updates (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 06:34 (2136 days ago)

How far is everyone (remember to use SP since a number of people are still blind!) in Spire of Stars?

Our team can get to the final encounter pretty quickly now, but its still handing us our asses to us. We've figured out the mechanics, but we're still just a little too sloppy on the execution.

Sloppy? I don't know what you mean! *SP*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 07:24 (2136 days ago) @ breitzen

This video is from the final encounter, so appropriate spoiler warnings:

Speed and I both launched to destroy our targets, and he died from Greed just as we got into Spaaaaaaace. I didn't even realize that I had picked up his ball until the very last moment (you can see me rotating the camera around to figure out why his body was up in my grill).

Raiding Updates

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 07:33 (2136 days ago) @ breitzen

I don't know if we have figured out the mechanics beyond killing two ships and Val looks like he's holding up Calus' robotic corpse.

Unfortunately, our original raid team has various commitments over the next few weeks so we might have trouble filing out the roster for more attempts in the short term. If anyone on the other blind teams wants to pitch in, please do.

Raiding Updates

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 24, 2018, 08:22 (2136 days ago) @ breitzen

Our team took our sweet time getting the hidden chest and finally beat the 2nd encounter. Spirits were lifted until the higher light level of the 3rd encounter beat it to mush.

This thing is FUN!

Raiding Updates

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, May 24, 2018, 10:38 (2136 days ago) @ breitzen

How far is everyone (remember to use SP since a number of people are still blind!) in Spire of Stars?

Our team can get to the final encounter pretty quickly now, but its still handing us our asses to us. We've figured out the mechanics, but we're still just a little too sloppy on the execution.

The group I'm running with is in the same place; We can get to the last boss okay, but we've had a lot of problems with ads (either outright deaths or messing up the timing/sequence just staying alive). When we did get to DPS, we weren't getting enough damage in. So right now the focus is on getting the first two drops, and waiting for folks to hit 380. Plus getting DARCI and Sleeper.

-Chappy

Raiding Updates

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 10:44 (2136 days ago) @ Chappy

The group I'm running with is in the same place; We can get to the last boss okay, but we've had a lot of problems with ads (either outright deaths or messing up the timing/sequence just staying alive). When we did get to DPS, we weren't getting enough damage in. So right now the focus is on getting the first two drops, and waiting for folks to hit 380. Plus getting DARCI and Sleeper.

-Chappy

Yeah, we only got to the DPS phase once (maybe twice?). So we are just figuring out how best to do damage to him.

Raiding Updates

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 10:59 (2136 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

-Chappy

Yeah, we only got to the DPS phase once (maybe twice?). So we are just figuring out how best to do damage to him.

I don't think we've even made it that far yet, unless that's the point where he lifts up the Robo-Calus corpse and then insta-kills everyone. If so, that explains why we died, since we all just stood there staring trying to figure out wtf was going on :p

-Disciple

Raiding Updates

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 11:06 (2136 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Chappy

I don't think we've even made it that far yet, unless that's the point where he lifts up the Robo-Calus corpse and then insta-kills everyone. If so, that explains why we died, since we all just stood there staring trying to figure out wtf was going on :p

-Disciple

Kinda. There’s a mechanic your missing that prevents him from insta killing you. But DPS is right after that!

Raiding Updates

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 14:04 (2135 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If so, that explains why we died, since we all just stood there staring trying to figure out wtf was going on :p

-Disciple

This made me laugh because it's true!

Silly question, is there a right way to use DARCI?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 11:28 (2136 days ago) @ Chappy

This is non-raid specific, do you just fire as quickly as you can or do you have to time your shots? Do you need to be careful about accuracy?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 12:47 (2136 days ago) @ kidtsunami

This is non-raid specific, do you just fire as quickly as you can or do you have to time your shots? Do you need to be careful about accuracy?

You need to get critical hits, yes. The bonus doesn't apply to bodyshots. So you know, shoot as fast as you can while not missing critical hits.

that's what I thought, thanks!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 12:58 (2135 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 13:37 (2135 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You need to get critical hits, yes. The bonus doesn't apply to bodyshots. So you know, shoot as fast as you can while not missing critical hits.

You need to get critical hits, but you also have to wait until the target lights up with a red outline. Otherwise you won't get the bonus bonus damage.

Ok, I'm going to have to play around with it

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 16:15 (2135 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm may have been leaving a few hit points on the table during my last raid lair run.

Ok, I'm going to have to play around with it

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Saturday, May 26, 2018, 16:39 (2133 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I'm may have been leaving a few hit points on the table during my last raid lair run.

Yeah, DARCI is super fun now. It definitely takes some skill and mobility to keep the target in your line of sight and get a crit spot. Once you do, it's amazing.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread