THAB 5.24.18 (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 17:02 (2156 days ago)

THAB

They mention that Bannerfall is back, confirm that Escalation Protocol is hard because we're all still underleveled (and that is is designed to be a 3 person activity, not a nine person activity), and detail some exotic armor changes rolling out next week:

Synthoceps
Mechanical Changes—Previously, the perk adjusted your melee damage depending on the number of enemies surrounding you. Now it grants a flat bonus to melee and Super damage when you’re surrounded by three or more enemies. The buff is retained for a short duration after you are no longer surrounded.

Although Synthoceps has gotten a fair bit of love in the Crucible, players are often focused on the increased lunge rate. The outgoing damage bonus was hard to appreciate and plan around with it being so variable in nature. With this change, you will be able to feel the impact more often in all scenarios, particularly in PvE.

Lion Rampant
Mechanical Changes—You can hipfire while Lift is active without interrupting it, and your aerial hipfire doesn't have an aerial accuracy penalty.

The Lion Rampant was focused around Lift and how it impacts your playstyle and tactics, so we decided to push further in that direction, emphasizing fast moving aerial assault.

The Dragon’s Shadow
Mechanical Changes—Dodging reloads all weapons simultaneously. The effects of Wraithmetal Mail now also include a bonus to mobility.

Although the Dragon’s Shadow does have a small following, we wanted to make it more useful in a general sense under even neutral conditions, while keeping in the theme of a fast-moving ninja.

Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves
Mechanical Changes—Swapping to a sidearm while critically wounded greatly increases its damage.

We went for the fantasy of a holdout weapon; the pistol tucked into your sleeve that you pull out in an emergency to save you. These changes should let you turn around a fight more easily.

Lunafaction Boots
Mechanical Changes—Rift reload is automatic instead of being activated on entry/exit. Empowering Rift makes weapons more effective at extended ranges.

Players having to dip in and out of the Rift to reload their weapons was not consistent with other Rift effects, particularly with the overshield effect on Healing Rift. It’s been made automatic to be easier to understand and use. As this is a more offensive choice in terms of Rift Exotics, we also wanted to further reward players who want to double down with Empowering Rift instead of playing it safe with Healing Rift.

Sunbracers
Mechanical Changes—Original effect replaced with: Increases the duration of Solar Grenades. Solar melee kills grant unlimited Solar Grenade energy for a brief time.

While effective under some circumstances in terms of things like flat damage output with your Solar Grenade, Sunbracers didn’t feel flashy enough for gloves where your hands are perpetually on fire. So, while retaining the original flavor of “The Solar Grenade Exotic Armor,” we’ve scaled up the potential output significantly to give the player a strong taste of power on a more frequent basis.

THAB 5.24.18

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 24, 2018, 20:35 (2156 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Well look what caught my eye.

[image]

Is that an Iron Banner Exclusive shader?

THAB 5.24.18

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 21:56 (2156 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

Probably? I know they added a new one for the new season, but I didn't even preview it to see what it looked like.

THAB 5.24.18

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 25, 2018, 00:52 (2156 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

The middle Hunter's? Nah, it's the Boreal Defiant shader that you get on Titan. It does have an Iron Banner look to it, though:
[image][image][image]

Probably? I know they added a new one for the new season, but I didn't even preview it to see what it looked like.

The new IB shader is called "Iron To Steel". It's alright; the big thing that it does is give the top and left colors a metallic sheen, which is hideous on this season's IB armors, oddly enough, but looks fine elsewhere:
[image][image][image]
(Boy, that shader looks way better on weapons than armor. Dat Jade Rabbit!)

Dat Ares mission armor

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 24, 2018, 22:01 (2156 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Dat Ares mission armor +1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:43 (2155 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

THAB 5.24.18

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:43 (2155 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

Oh man... that titan armor.

THAB 5.24.18

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:55 (2155 days ago) @ dogcow

Where do you get that set? That's the set from Titan, right?

THAB 5.24.18

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 25, 2018, 08:59 (2155 days ago) @ bluerunner

The Titan on the left is yeah. What’s the set on the right?

THAB 5.24.18

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 25, 2018, 09:49 (2155 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No, the set on the left is from Eververse. It's called Hardy's and it's new with this expansion.

THAB 5.24.18

by Robot Chickens, Friday, May 25, 2018, 09:53 (2155 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

No, the set on the left is from Eververse. It's called Hardy's and it's new with this expansion.

No. He was correct. That is Titan Titan armor.

[image]

THAB 5.24.18

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 25, 2018, 09:57 (2155 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

New legs look cooler, but everything else looks spot on

THAB 5.24.18

by Robot Chickens, Friday, May 25, 2018, 10:04 (2155 days ago) @ ZackDark

New legs look cooler, but everything else looks spot on

Indeed. I believe those are the exotics with the jets.

Good call

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 25, 2018, 10:05 (2155 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Huh

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 25, 2018, 12:10 (2155 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

The chest looks exactly the same as Hardy's. I was kinda basing it off that as I don't have the helmet yet for Hardy's.

Huh

by Robot Chickens, Friday, May 25, 2018, 12:57 (2155 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

They are visually very similar.

Hardy:

[image]

Lost Pacific:

[image]

The Hardy armor has a larger chest rectangle thing while the Lost Pacific armor has fabric look to it. Also the straps are a bit different on each set.

I may have spent a lot of time in this game picking out my armor set...

THAB 5.24.18

by Robot Chickens, Friday, May 25, 2018, 09:51 (2155 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Titan on the left is yeah. What’s the set on the right?

pants come from Ana on Mars
arms are exotic Synthoceps
chestpiece looks like the Omega Mechanos set from Tess in Season 2
helmet is Crucible (or it's clone Devastation Complex which is a random drop)
butt-towel looks similar to one of the Iron Banner pieces but not exactly.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread