Destiny 2 Update 1.2.1 Patch Notes (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 10:08 (2158 days ago)

*Sadface*

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 10:14 (2158 days ago) @ CyberKN

Robes of Sekris (Warlock raid chest armor) will now display hanging cloth correctly.

:(

Strange that they singled out this gear

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 12:07 (2157 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Robes of Sekris (Warlock raid chest armor) will now display hanging cloth correctly.

:(

This bug happens to most of my Warlock robes at one time or another. Maybe they fixed it for all of the gear, too?

Destiny 2 Update 1.2.1 Patch Notes

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 11:23 (2158 days ago) @ CyberKN

+ I like the Sunbracers change.

- Oh great, another exotic catalyst that requires Crucible. Why can't Bungie understand that Crucible just isn't going to happen for some of us? I'm getting really fucking tired of this attitude that it's just another part of the game, and Bungie thinks I'd probably enjoy it if I just had the right encouragement. I do not want it, I will never want it, and it annoys me that there's just no other way to upgrade some weapons that I really like. I feel like I'm constantly being urged to Dimpusize my meal.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 11:33 (2158 days ago) @ stabbim

+ I like the Sunbracers change.

- Oh great, another exotic catalyst that requires Crucible. Why can't Bungie understand that Crucible just isn't going to happen for some of us? I'm getting really fucking tired of this attitude that it's just another part of the game, and Bungie thinks I'd probably enjoy it if I just had the right encouragement. I do not want it, I will never want it, and it annoys me that there's just no other way to upgrade some weapons that I really like. I feel like I'm constantly being urged to Dimpusize my meal.

Speaking as someone that has witnessed what PvP does to you; I completely understand the frustration.

I also appreciate the concept they run with that certain activities have gear tuned specifically for them; and I very much support that effort. From a longevity standpoint, I think it's a must for them to orient some of the grind toward Crucible, as it's the portion of the game that has continuous variation, and provides "content" of a sort that Bungie can't provide on their own.

Maybe they should bring back Prison and hide stuff behind that grind. Birds/stones.

~M

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 11:50 (2158 days ago) @ Malagate

I don't have a problem with gear that's tuned to be good in Crucible. I do have a problem with a weapon that's perfectly good, even great, in PvE having an upgrade that I can ONLY get by playing Crucible.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 11:59 (2158 days ago) @ stabbim

The reverse is also true, though.

I don’t have problems with different activities having different rewards. At this point, you just have to accept that you won’t necessarily have everything. I think that’s alright.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 12:12 (2158 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t have problems with different activities having different rewards. At this point, you just have to accept that you won’t necessarily have everything. I think that’s alright.

I definitely share your perspective, but I guess it comes down to whether things designed for one activity should have additional requirements for catalysts (or anything else) reside behind the grind in a different activity. I always appreciated the mentality Bungie at least used to have about better players being well-rounded; and perhaps that's the intent here, I just don't know that there's really anything for Stabs' complaint.

~M

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 13:15 (2158 days ago) @ Malagate

I definitely share your perspective, but I guess it comes down to whether things designed for one activity should have additional requirements for catalysts (or anything else) reside behind the grind in a different activity. I always appreciated the mentality Bungie at least used to have about better players being well-rounded; and perhaps that's the intent here, I just don't know that there's really anything for Stabs' complaint.

~M

(general comment not directed at anyone specific)

If you want everything, then expect to have to do everything. I don't know why this is unacceptable to some.

If your expectations are to always be 100% satisfied with things, you'll never enjoy it. IMO, 25% of D2 is awesome, 50% is pretty good and 25% holds zero interest for me.

There's a lot of good content in between "effing garbage" and "effing sweet"

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 13:35 (2158 days ago) @ ManKitten

I appreciate the effort, but there's really only one person here this could have anything to do with. :)

If you want everything, then expect to have to do everything. I don't know why this is unacceptable to some.

Who said they wanted "everything?" What I would like is for a weapon that I've grown very attached to and consider integral to one of my character setups to not suddenly have a better version that's effectively unavailable to me. If we were talking about a weapon or armor piece that only comes from Crucible, I wouldn't mind. But this is something I already have, which, going forward, I'll only have the "not as good" version of. Yes, it's just as good as it ever was, but nearly everyone else around me will have a better version, just because I don't enjoy competitive PvP. It's annoying, and I think it's weird that people don't understand why it's annoying.

If your expectations are to always be 100% satisfied with things, you'll never enjoy it. IMO, 25% of D2 is awesome, 50% is pretty good and 25% holds zero interest for me.

I don't see how any of that is a reason that I can't have opinions on what would be more fun to me. I was perfectly fine with not playing Crucible.

Yes there is, and I don't think I ever implied otherwise.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 14:02 (2158 days ago) @ stabbim

I appreciate the effort, but there's really only one person here this could have anything to do with. :)

Who said they wanted "everything?" What I would like is for a weapon that I've grown very attached to and consider integral to one of my character setups to not suddenly have a better version that's effectively unavailable to me. If we were talking about a weapon or armor piece that only comes from Crucible, I wouldn't mind. But this is something I already have, which, going forward, I'll only have the "not as good" version of. Yes, it's just as good as it ever was, but nearly everyone else around me will have a better version, just because I don't enjoy competitive PvP. It's annoying, and I think it's weird that people don't understand why it's annoying.

I don't see how any of that is a reason that I can't have opinions on what would be more fun to me. I was perfectly fine with not playing Crucible.

Yes there is, and I don't think I ever implied otherwise.

heh...see, I really wasn't specifically responding to you, hence all of my comments weren't directly related to anything you said.

My comment was in regard to just the general attitude we've all come to accept towards everything. "If I'm not satisfied, then the world must know about it!" Yes, your post inspired my comment...but I've made this comment plenty of times on here before.

I'm trying to offer a voice of balance. Yes, you are allowed to be annoyed by aspects of the game. Yes, you are allowed to discuss it...especially here. But there also needs to be a reasonable expectation towards things. When you say things like " I'm getting really f***ing tired of this attitude that it's just another part of the game, and Bungie thinks I'd probably enjoy it if I just had the right encouragement." you're taking a volatile stance about how you play the game as if Bungie was intentionally trying to screw you over.

The way this game is built, you HAVE TO accept that you probably will not get everything you want. Bungie WANTS to make a game that we all enjoy but they HAVE to make a game that keeps them in business. Which means they can't cater to everyone.

I would love to do the Raids but I don't have a 6 hour window to learn it with everyone else. Then when everyone else has learned it, I don't want to be the clueless noob slowing everyone down. I've done all the D1 raids with DBO friends pulling me through and everyone has been nice, helpful and fun. But still...I know it's a burden when your well oiled team has a dum-dum ManKitten messing things up. So, Raids are a part of the game I don't really get to experience. I've also never won a single round of Trials, because 1. I've rarely played it and 2. Because it's super sweaty and I don't enjoy that.

All I'm saying is...not just to you...but just to anyone...chill out. If you like the game, play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. Please discuss it, the negatives and positives.

Or tell me to cram it and shove off, I don't know. I'm just another jabroni on a forum :P

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 14:13 (2158 days ago) @ ManKitten

you're taking a volatile stance about how you play the game as if Bungie was intentionally trying to screw you over.

No, the exact opposite. I am not being targeted for being screwed over. In fact, I thought it was pretty clear that my thesis is that Bungie does not know that players like me exist. Or at the very least, they think we can be won over with the right incentives. I was just trying to let the world know that, much like your raid situation, it simply isn't going to happen.

I've also never won a single round of Trials, because 1. I've rarely played it and 2. Because it's super sweaty and I don't enjoy that.

I can't even fathom playing Trials. For me, that's the video game equivalent of the no-pants school play dream.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 16:21 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

you're taking a volatile stance about how you play the game as if Bungie was intentionally trying to screw you over.

No, the exact opposite. I am not being targeted for being screwed over. In fact, I thought it was pretty clear that my thesis is that Bungie does not know that players like me exist. Or at the very least, they think we can be won over with the right incentives. I was just trying to let the world know that, much like your raid situation, it simply isn't going to happen.

I think they absolutely know you exist. I’m not sure what they’re supposed to do though, besides personally check with you to make the the gun you like doesn’t have any Crucible challenges tied to it. It’s just part of the game, and is basically like someone who doesn’t raid complaining they can’t get Raid armor.

I understand your frustration and annoyance, I really do. It wouldn’t be proper Destiny if there wasn’t plenty of that to go around. I just don’t know what your expectations are or what Bungie could possibly do about it at this point. They have to give Crucible players something, too.

EDIT: I’ve now actually read the rest of the thread and see your proposed solution. Seems like a good way to handle it honestly.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 13:26 (2158 days ago) @ Malagate

I just don't know that there's really anything for Stabs' complaint.

It seems extremely simple to me. And I mean actually simple, not like "I am an armchair game dev and here's why adding 9-person patrol is easy." Just let the thing drop from two different challenging activities. One in PvE and one in PvP.

Catalysts are meant to be challenging to get

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 09:12 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

I just don't know that there's really anything for Stabs' complaint.

It seems extremely simple to me. And I mean actually simple, not like "I am an armchair game dev and here's why adding 9-person patrol is easy." Just let the thing drop from two different challenging activities. One in PvE and one in PvP.

I personally don't know what gun you are talking about, but most of the are geared towards either PvP or PvE. For example, Vigilence Wing is basically a PvP gun, and it is unlocked by PvP kills. It would seem silly, even cheapen the experience for me if I got the catalyst from a random enemy in PvE.

I understand that you hate PvP. I'm not a big fan of it myself, I'm sure not as much as you. But what you are suggesting is watering down the effort to get something that is supposed to be specific to an event type. There are some catalysts that can only be gotten from ranking up a certain faction in the faction rally. Should Bungie make those PvP and PvE specific too?

But they arent

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 09:21 (2157 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

They aren’t challenging to get, nor to unlock.

You get them randomly. So that’s not hard.

To unlock them you do a simple thing many times. There’s nothing hard about killing someone with Jade Rabbit in crucible. You just have to do an easy thing 250 times.

Black Spindle was hard to get. These aren’t.

Exactly

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 09:45 (2157 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by stabbim, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:01

I don't know what kind of bizarre filter people are applying when they read my words. This has nothing to do with difficulty, drop rate, etc. I'm perfectly fine with it being hard (although, as Cody noted, it isn't really, at least for the people who do/will play Crucible). I would just like for a gun that I was able to obtain in my usual modes of play to also be possible to upgrade via those same modes. This doesn't seem unreasonable from my perspective.

Edit: I think I've mentioned this before, but if these guns DID only drop from Crucible, I wouldn't care as much, because it would be upgrades for something I'll never have. But the weapons themselves ARE available to me.

Yes, I'm sure Vigilance Wing does very well in Crucible. I hear it does more than very well, even. But to extrapolate that to mean it has no role in PvE at all is, to me, just willfully bending the truth. The fact is, the thing is a beast in PvE as well.

I was actually referring to MIDA Multi-Tool originally, BTW, but Vigilance Wing has the same catalyst drop requirement AFAIK, and both are viewed as excellent PvP guns, so it's a perfectly good stand-in for the same arguments.

Exactly

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:46 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

I don't know what kind of bizarre filter people are applying when they read my words. This has nothing to do with difficulty, drop rate, etc. I'm perfectly fine with it being hard (although, as Cody noted, it isn't really, at least for the people who do/will play Crucible). I would just like for a gun that I was able to obtain in my usual modes of play to also be possible to upgrade via those same modes. This doesn't seem unreasonable from my perspective.

I understand that. And I'm saying that the method you suggested would most likely water down the experience more people than those that have this issue. I would be one of those people. I'm not saying your complaint isn't valid or that I don't understand it. I'm just saying that sometimes solutions to problems aren't always easy to fix without potentially negatively affecting others. You solution, in my opinion, negatively affects others.

Edit: I think I've mentioned this before, but if these guns DID only drop from Crucible, I wouldn't care as much, because it would be upgrades for something I'll never have. But the weapons themselves ARE available to me.

Yes, I'm sure Vigilance Wing does very well in Crucible. I hear it does more than very well, even. But to extrapolate that to mean it has no role in PvE at all is, to me, just willfully bending the truth. The fact is, the thing is a beast in PvE as well.

What is this black and white logic? Just because a weapon's catalyst is found in a certain game type does not mean it is shit in everything else. I'm not saying that, Bungie isn't saying that. I was using it as an example that Bungie was going spread the catalysts out across multiple categories and that it just makes sense to separate some of the obvious ones to what they are generally geared for. Vigilance wing is amazing in PvP. It is still good in PvE, but there are perks that just make it good for PvP. Sky burners is amazing in the raids, it's great in PvP as well but it specifically has a perk that does well against Cabal. It just makes sense to have the catalyst be found in the raids.

Now, I believe that you are saying that weapons shouldn't be lumped up to categories because you can used many ways and thus catalysts shouldn't be obtained only by said categories. But frankly, I'm really happy Bungie didn't say that you can get a catalyst by just killing anything.

I was actually referring to MIDA Multi-Tool originally, BTW, but Vigilance Wing has the same catalyst drop requirement AFAIK, and both are viewed as excellent PvP guns, so it's a perfectly good stand-in for the same arguments.

Yes, MIDA is literally the Multi-Tool and it does seem silly that it should be lumped into a category. I'm not going to debate that there aren't guns that fall between the categories and MIDA is the perfect example of that. Maybe there should be a special case for MIDA? But to say that you get the catalyst for kill anyone in PvP or PvE seems like a gimme for the history of MIDA. Maybe there needs to be one?

But they arent

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:17 (2157 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They aren’t challenging to get, nor to unlock.

Speak for yourself.

You get them randomly. So that’s not hard.

No, you do specific things: Get headshots, Kill enemies in PvE or PvP, Complete Raid rounds, Beat heroic strikes, Get a certain rank in a Faction. That is hardly random.

To unlock them you do a simple thing many times. There’s nothing hard about killing someone with Jade Rabbit in crucible. You just have to do an easy thing 250 times.

There are easy ones and there are hard ones.

I agree that Black Spindle is hard to get. But I also don't expect Bungie to create a black spindle mission for every exotic in the game. It seems like you do.

But they arent

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:55 (2157 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The Catalyst dropping is entirely random based on a predetermined activity. Tractor Canon, DARCI, and Crimson have all had Catalysts drop for me. I did exactly nothing specific to get them. There are others with more specific requirements, but I don’t think any complaint has been leveled at them. Activating the MW Perk requires you to grind simple tasks repeatedly, though. Still not a challenge.

But they arent

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 12:11 (2157 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The Catalyst dropping is entirely random based on a predetermined activity. Tractor Canon, DARCI, and Crimson have all had Catalysts drop for me.

I've had Crimson and Darci drop for me as well, one from a red bar cabal and one from a red bar vex, both in patrol.

Are the predetermined activities known for acquisition?

But they arent

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 12:16 (2157 days ago) @ ManKitten

The Catalyst dropping is entirely random based on a predetermined activity. Tractor Canon, DARCI, and Crimson have all had Catalysts drop for me.

I've had Crimson and Darci drop for me as well, one from a red bar cabal and one from a red bar vex, both in patrol.

There's a pretty good list of the catalyst drops on Reddit.

-Disciple

But they arent

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 12:17 (2157 days ago) @ ManKitten

Those particular weapons can drop from literally any kill. Some other ones drop from specific activities. Wardcliffe Coil, Coldheart, and... I think maybe Merciless drop from strikes (either heroic, nightfall, or maybe both - I'm not clear on that yet). And, as has been much discussed in this thread, MIDA Multi-tool and Vigilance Wing drop from Crucible (can't remember at the moment whether that's from wins, game completions, or kills).

But they arent

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:56 (2157 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I agree that Black Spindle is hard to get. But I also don't expect Bungie to create a black spindle mission for every exotic in the game. It seems like you do.

I'm with you on this; but side/secret missions seem very few and far between. Were it so easy to implement them, I'd argue for a good 50% of exotic weapons to be hidden behind such things. Investment in secrets/lore should be rewarded far more than it is in a game that's all about uncovering them.

~M

But they arent

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 14:59 (2157 days ago) @ Malagate

I'm with you on this; but side/secret missions seem very few and far between. Were it so easy to implement them, I'd argue for a good 50% of exotic weapons to be hidden behind such things. Investment in secrets/lore should be rewarded far more than it is in a game that's all about uncovering them.

~M

But they have to put in the effort.

The last steps to get Polaris Lance were literally:

1. Get 20 kills and 5 multikills
2. Do a story mission from Destiny 2 Vanilla as is With no alterations.

Yeah. They need to try here. Ana’s new gun should have you doing super cool things to obtain.

But they arent

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:21 (2156 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah. They need to try here. Ana’s new gun should have you doing super cool things to obtain.

Y'know, now I can't stop thinking about this. One of my favorite aspects of getting the Black Spindle was the audio that accompanied it; especially when I hadn't heard it teased beforehand. Things felt like they were going off-script and you're really sort of on your own at that point. Easily one of the least obvious things I felt the need to chase.

Rather than tying the path to an exotic around kill/precision or weapon-oriented quotas, some steps should really be lore or world-oriented. For example, something in the world becomes visible/vulnerable/accessible only at a certain time of night in a given area. Or, say a Ketch jumping into orbit to release some dropships presents a narrow window in which a Fireteam has to put themselves in place, or perform a specific act.

I remember you hating the "Ghost Ship" concept I cited from Zelda:WW; but I still think rare(and roving) in-world events are a solid way to do it.

As an aside, the whole EDZ dark forest area really seems underutilized; might be a good setting for exotic quest steps.

~M

But they arent

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:29 (2156 days ago) @ Malagate

Even the Sleeper Simulant quest steps are a shadow of the ones in Destiny. I don’t know why they would go backwards.

Accessibility (no +/- judgement from me)

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 10:03 (2156 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Tie accessibility to something else.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 10:44 (2156 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I understand the desire to keep players from feeling like all the best parts of the game are hidden behind walls that are too high. Skill is already rewarded by some of the best gear in the game, between the Raids and Trials. So don't make the quest steps skill- or repetition-based; but make them memorable experiences no matter what.

Bank on some aspect of the gameplay experience not tied directly to combat. Lore-based steps (ie puzzle/context solving); or exploration/agility-based (mountain climbing; Hive/Vex jumping puzzles); or community-based activities (Patrol/social space tasks) all present opportunities to tie in that kind of achievement. But again, these things shouldn't be easy; merely accessible.

Wherever possible, the experience should have a unique flavor. Didn't someone...(I want to say it was Butcher) say it when talking about Gears achievements; I thought he made a point about banal weapon-based achievements and how they diverted players from the spirit of the game; and that's why they went in a different direction with Halo. I feel like they've now done that with some of these steps.

Obv, I'm not aware of what internal processes such a thing would invoke, and perhaps the argument would be that it's too little of a payoff, or would demand too many resources for something that doesn't serve core gameplay; but I would think that something that enriches the experience in that way is going to pay dividends down the line if done right.

Accessibility doesn't have to mean dull or repetitive tasking.

~M

Tie accessibility to something else.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 12:27 (2156 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 13:07

I think you nailed it.

I loved the Black Spindle mission because of it's difficulty. It was a really fun challenge. I ran that for a few hours with a group before we finally got it done, and it was amazing.

That said, it would have still been really cool, even if it wasn't as difficult as it was. It could have just been a hidden, alternate route/ending for the strike, and it would have been great. Stuff like that doesn't have to be super challenging (although I would like to see that again, too).

I'm generally okay with reusing content. I like the EDZ mission on Warmind, I don't care that it's just a reused Lost Sector. I don't really care that the strikes are just the story missions reused. Intelligent reuse of content makes sense.

I don't think reusing a story mission with literally no changes as the end of an exotic quest is fun, interesting, or worthwhile in any way whatsoever. If that's the best they can come with up, they should have just skipped that step altogether and just given you the gun.

A game like Destiny is always going to have recycled content, and that's fine. They need to think more about the context of what they're reusing and why.

Bingo.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 12:49 (2156 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm generally okay with reusing content. I like the EDZ mission on Warmind, I don't care that it's just a reused Lost Sector. I don't really care that the strikes are just the story missions reused. Intelligent reuse of content makes sense.

Completely agree. These things don't need new assets to be created(aside from the reward); though I'd at least hope for some dialogue to go with them. Just areas off the beaten path and obscure hidden objectives would do. Give them fun requirements (oh, a hive sword spawns from this one enemy over in the corner. Have one fireteam member carry it with them through the next room and use it to destroy X object, etc etc)

I don't think reusing a story mission with literally no changes as the end of an exotic quest is fun, interesting, or worthwhile in any way whatsoever. If that's the best they can come with up, they should have just skipped that step altogether and just given you the gun.

Agreed. Or, if there are no changes slated, add something to spice it up.

A game like Destiny is always going to have recycled content, and that's fine. They need to think more about how the context of what they're reusing and why.

Dead on. It's all about the implementation.

~M

Re: Lost Woods

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 10:07 (2156 days ago) @ Malagate

Pretty much all of the most interesting parts of the playable spaces that are most interesting aren’t well explored or living up to their potential. The Dark Forest, the New Pacific Arcology, The Pyramidion, the whole of the Infinite Forest. Personally feel that these were all great opportunities for curated procedural play spaces that would have helped to expand the over play footprint but instead they are neat ideas which are underutilized.

Could not agree more.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 10:19 (2156 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

The Rocky and Bullwinkle method

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 13:39 (2158 days ago) @ stabbim

Catalyst: Do thing in crucible OR do thing in PvE.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 13:57 (2158 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's exactly what I thought. I mean, on some level I get the idea of having some of the catalysts be tied to typical use cases for those weapons which excel in a particular area. But as a practical matter, Crucible simply is not an option for some of us. Not just "meh, it's not my favorite thing," but like... playing competitive PvP is extremely bad for maintaining my sanity and balance. It damages my calm, and realistically I cannot do it if I want to remain a rational adult.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 14:06 (2158 days ago) @ stabbim

That's exactly what I thought. I mean, on some level I get the idea of having some of the catalysts be tied to typical use cases for those weapons which excel in a particular area. But as a practical matter, Crucible simply is not an option for some of us. Not just "meh, it's not my favorite thing," but like... playing competitive PvP is extremely bad for maintaining my sanity and balance. It damages my calm, and realistically I cannot do it if I want to remain a rational adult.

Just for the record, I agree with you on this and feel the same way.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 08:17 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

I’ve actually been having some fun playing competitive crucible lately. I’ve been climbing steadily in Glory, so I think that pulse rifle might be in reach. But that’s not really why I’ve been having a good time. I’ve really had to get better and ‘unlearn’ a lot of things I knew in Destiny. It’s really been enjoyable learning the waters again.

Other stuff

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 14:56 (2158 days ago) @ stabbim

Sorry for derailing things earlier. I really just wanted to use my new Farva soundbite. Anyway, here's some more positives that I liked:

Public Events

"Fixed an issue that prevented players from triggering the Heroic “Warsat Down” public event when Shriekers would close too quickly."

Excellent. I thought I'd seen this happen a few times. I've also seen a couple where only one wizard spawned, and thus we were unable to kill them both, so the shrieker never opened in the first place. Not sure whether that one will still happen, but it's good progress anyway.

"Heroic strikes now have a chance (~25%) to award powerful engrams of up to 360 Power."

Very cool. 25% drop rate isn't huge, but it's sure nice to have something that offers solid progression after your weekly milestones have run out.

Raid

"Fixed an issue where Calus’s shield had greater health than intended."

Huh. This must be the bugged shield thing that was mentioned here recently. Which is interesting because, at the time, we thought it was a resistance issue due to the shield/damage type changes in Warmind. But this line makes it sound like it just gained hit points. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

Other stuff

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 16:26 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

"Heroic strikes now have a chance (~25%) to award powerful engrams of up to 360 Power."

Very cool. 25% drop rate isn't huge, but it's sure nice to have something that offers solid progression after your weekly milestones have run out.

Still feels like a half-step to me. Drop that to 15% and uncap it. There should always be a way to make meaningful progress without getting locked out for the week. Hell, make the drop rates lower as you increase in power if they really feel that need, but don’t just completely halt progress.

Other stuff

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 22:53 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

Huh. This must be the bugged shield thing that was mentioned here recently. Which is interesting because, at the time, we thought it was a resistance issue due to the shield/damage type changes in Warmind. But this line makes it sound like it just gained hit points. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

Played with KidTsunami and crew earlier today and it's a HUUUGE difference. Last week that final stand felt like a major hurdle and nearly wiped us on a couple of runs. Now, a guardian fart in the general direction of Calus' shield is enough to take it down :p

-Disciple

Other stuff

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 17:37 (2156 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Played with KidTsunami and crew earlier today and it's a HUUUGE difference. Last week that final stand felt like a major hurdle and nearly wiped us on a couple of runs. Now, a guardian fart in the general direction of Calus' shield is enough to take it down :p

-Disciple

Haha yeah, after so many blunders, final stand was a hilarious push over.

by Azrael, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 18:34 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

Sorry man, I'm in the same boat!

At least someone understands me

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:13 (2157 days ago) @ Azrael

- No text -

Holy crap, those Sunbracers

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 23:26 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

I tried them out a bit tonight. Got a kill with the charged melee and proceeded to throw 5 solar grenades back-to-back. And they're all extended duration, of course. I was expecting it to last long enough for maybe 2 or 3 grenades, and I honestly would have been happy with that. 5 just feels absurd. Pretty huge damage potential.

The Sunsinger lives!

I have a solution

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 12:19 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

Maybe I can hire someone to play Crucible on my account. :P

I have a solution

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 12:40 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

Maybe I can hire someone to play Crucible on my account. :P

That will be 50 cents a kill, because I don't like PvP much either. Also it will take a month cause I suck at PvP.

I have a solution

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 13:13 (2157 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'd almost take you up on it, but putting someone else who doesn't like PvP through the misery I refuse to face doesn't seem very fair.

Also, a big tree limb fell on my roof last night so a lot of my ready cash is probably about to go bye-bye.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a solution

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 13:40 (2157 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'll do it for $.60 per kill, but unlike my competitors... I'll get some kills. ;)

I have a solution

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 13:45 (2157 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'll do it for $.60 per kill, but unlike my competitors... I'll get some kills. ;)

Now I want to know if you can get the catalyst from just assisting in kills...

Hire me

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 14:41 (2157 days ago) @ stabbim

Here's my resume:

Munky might say this is a fluke though… and he'd be right.

Hire me

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 15:04 (2157 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Munky might say this is a fluke though… and he'd be right.

Hey, as long as some enemies occasionally die.

There may be another option...?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 19:44 (2156 days ago) @ stabbim

I just got a masterwork Crimson from a public events powerful engram. Maybe other weapons are available this way?

Here's a guide

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 20:58 (2156 days ago) @ ManKitten

There may be another option...?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 22:42 (2156 days ago) @ ManKitten

I wish, but that appears to just be how they drop after you've made one masterwork of that model. I finished up the headshots thing for D.A.R.C.I. a couple days ago to complete its upgrade, and shortly after that I had another one drop, but it was fully kitted out as a masterwork already. My guess is that Bungie felt it would be a bit much to make people do those over again (D.A.R.C.I. and Crimson each took me a few days of using almost nothing but them).

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 13:51 (2158 days ago) @ CyberKN

Holy crap, just tried Lunafacation Boots with Wardcliff Coil. Instant reload while standing in a rift. I shot all my rounds in about 3 seconds.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 14:02 (2158 days ago) @ bluerunner

O_o

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 14:11 (2158 days ago) @ bluerunner

Okay, rift capability now supercedes rally barricade. All of the benefit without the suicides.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 16:15 (2157 days ago) @ Kermit

Okay, rift capability now supercedes rally barricade. All of the benefit without the suicides.

You hear that, Claude? Run Warlock!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 16:27 (2157 days ago) @ Korny

You hear that, Claude? Run Warlock!

Or, at the very least, remember to change your wall! (:

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 19:31 (2157 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Happened last night without Claude. Mistakes were made.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 20:07 (2157 days ago) @ Kermit

That's okay. It's always hilarious. It's especially hilarious when it happens mere minutes after discussing the time it happened three days ago.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 14:36 (2157 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That's okay. It's always hilarious. It's especially hilarious when it happens mere minutes after discussing the time it happened three days ago.

Titans just aren’t a very bright species.
Good thing Lunafaction legs have rendered them entirely obsolete!

Warlocks!

Fixed an issue where Heroic strike milestones and quests...

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 15:14 (2157 days ago) @ CyberKN

Fixed an issue where Heroic strike milestones and quests was not progressing due to Vanguard Boons: That's what was happening to me that no one seemed to understand :) I was using up my leftover vanguard boons that day.

This week I was 350 or over and the strikes were SO MUCH EASIER. That first week was rough, though.

Getting 360 gear 1/4 the time from strikes will be pretty sweet.

My minor complaint about strikes now: I wish that the Elemental Challenges were in sync with the Elemental modifiers.

Are boons even available for purchase any more?

Fixed an issue where Heroic strike milestones and quests...

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 17:38 (2157 days ago) @ marmot 1333

My minor complaint about strikes now: I wish that the Elemental Challenges were in sync with the Elemental modifiers.

Then they would have to take the time to have more than one option per subclass because I know for sure I would be annoyed having to get sunspot kills 7 days in a row everytime Solar runs around.

Crucible Labs

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 21:06 (2157 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by CougRon, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 21:10

Crucible Labs

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 21:16 (2157 days ago) @ CougRon

As noted in our most recent Roadmap, Crucible Labs shipped with Destiny Update 1.2.1. While the content has been downloaded and installed on your platform, the feature is not yet available. PvP Design Lead Derek Carroll has some information to set proper expectations for the feature, and what to expect when it becomes available:

Derek: The Crucible team has been working hard behind the scenes to improve Destiny 2's PvP offering, and to get new content to players more quickly. With update 1.2.1, we shipped some bits that will let us turn on our experimental Crucible Labs playlist. To set your expectations somewhat, Crucible Labs isn’t a totally different game. It's not a different version of Destiny 2 hiding out on the Crucible page of the Director. It is a playlist that will feature new game modes (soon) and some different tweaks to the modes you already enjoy (starting tomorrow!). Crucible Labs is a way for our team to try stuff out in the wild, before it's "done", and solicit feedback from the community. We've never done this before, and there will be bumps in the road, but I hope you'll come along for the ride and help us make Destiny 2's Crucible even better for all Guardians.

So, sounds like it's a test bed for gametypes. No sandbox testing. Still neat, though.

This is the thing that I want.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 07:19 (2157 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Truly and pleasantly surprised to see them open this up to the public. I've always felt like Destiny's PvP was relegated to too narrow a band of gameplay. There's so much potential here, the last thing I'm concerned about are some bumps in the road.

It would be nice to see Relic mechanics in PvP. Anything from the Raid (ie; Pleasure Garden Prisms) to Hive Swords, or (my favorite) something like the Aegis from Vault of Glass.

Dynamic objectives (a la Reach's Invasion) would be a welcome change, too. For example:

Objective 1: Stand on a plate to remove suppression field from goal area
Objective 2: While maintaining plate presence, protect relic runner on approach
Objective 3: Move relic to goal area to score.

et cetera.

~M

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread