Try 'Legend of Acrius' in the Royal Pools Encounter (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:29 (2150 days ago)

I think most people would agree that the Royal Pools (Bathers) encounter of the Leviathan raid is one of the toughest for people getting their first clear. Fortunately the raid rewards a shotgun (Legend of Acruis) that makes the encounter much easier for subsequent runs – if you haven’t tried it yourself I recommend it for your next run. Acrius packs a powerful punch to Bathers; it only takes two shots (one clip) to kill a bather, and the purple brick they drop gives you back those 2 shots. TLDR: Acruis kills bathers in seconds and remains ammo-neutral for the entire encounter. Use supers to destroy the lanterns.

When you’re standing on a plate and raising the lanterns, focus on ads (duh). Personally I like to use Better Devils and Uriel’s Gift. If any of them get close, make sure to punch them to activate a raid Gauntlet perk (but it’s not necessary). When you see a Bather start to rise, move forward quickly until you’re right in front of him, fire your first Acrius shot while he's still getting out of the water, and move back to your plate. If you’re fast enough, the plate won’t pause. The Bather will hop out of the pool and land directly in front of you as you stand on the plate – fire your second shot and he’ll drop at your feet. The oiled pool he creates on Prestige will be far enough away so it affect your protection, and you can immediately switch back to basic ad control until you’re relieved. On your way out, walk over the purple brick to restock (and remember to reload for the next Bather).

Keep your supers and grenades for the DPS phase (you won’t need them for the Bathers or ads). Warlocks should run bottom tier Dawnblade (with an empowering rift) and Titans should run top tier Sunbreaker – these ranged supers melt Lanterns as their hits generate extra damage. The first hunter in the fire team should run top tier Nightstalker – simply fire a tether at the center of the room to capture any ads that get close. Any additional Hunters should run a bottom tier Celestial Nighthawk Gunslinger – the Golden Gun will kill a full health lantern by itself. The fire team should discuss which cluster of lanterns each person will super – try to have at least one Warlock or Titan per cluster. Once the supers are out, the remaining damage can be done with energy or kinetic weapons. Golden Gun Hunters can clean up any stragglers before time runs out. As you’re firing at a cluster, keep an eye on the pool below it. When a bather hops out, swap to Acrius, fire two shots to drop him, and return to damaging the lanterns. You should be able to destroy all 9 lanterns in a single damage phase.

Wow ok, thanks!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:44 (2150 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Or use boop gun. Stuns them and refunds the ammo as well.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 14:33 (2150 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Just now realizing I don't have one on Xbox…

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 14:50 (2150 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 15:34 (2150 days ago) @ Vortech

It’s a somewhat annoying quest:

• Get random drop to start quest
  • Kill enough Cabal to get 5 random drops
  • Beat raid
  • Beat custom strike
  • Get 10 multikills
  • Beat ~6? raid encounters

It does wreck though :).

Press Trigger to Delete! Have a Nice day! :D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 15:53 (2150 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:16 (2149 days ago) @ Chappy

Does it show up in pursuits now instead of a power weapon slot? That would honestly solve the biggest annoyance with the quest.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:20 (2149 days ago) @ Xenos

Does it show up in pursuits now instead of a power weapon slot? That would honestly solve the biggest annoyance with the quest.

Yep, it's moved to pursuits.

...which are not visible on the App.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:30 (2149 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

They are!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 11:36 (2149 days ago) @ Malagate

Pursuits are visible in the app (at least after yesterdays update they are), under Gear in the General tab.

Remember, kids:

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 11:55 (2149 days ago) @ Xenos

Pursuits are visible in the app (at least after yesterdays update they are), under Gear in the General tab.

Always run your patches before you complain. Always run your patches.

~M

They are!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 12:11 (2149 days ago) @ Xenos

Ah, yep. Silly me, expecting it to match up with how things are arranged in-game.

They are!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 12:16 (2149 days ago) @ stabbim

Ah, yep. Silly me, expecting it to match up with how things are arranged in-game.

Yep this got me just the other day with the locations of Collections. You'd think it'd be in the vault section, but nope! It's on the main app page for some reason.

*Urge to write angry UX rant intensifies*

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 13:32 (2149 days ago) @ Xenos

And don't even get me started on how there's apparently no way to set your default console system. Every time I start up the app it says I have no characters, because it's defaulted back to PSN.

Careful: The correct string may summon Achronos...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 13:53 (2149 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

OK

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 15:00 (2149 days ago) @ Malagate

If there actually are logical explanations for those things, I'd certainly be interested to hear them.

Or, possibility #2 is that there really aren't, and if they get improved based on my complaints, then I'm finally on my way to my career goal as a UX critic. This does not appear to be an actual job currently, but I maintain that it should be.

If you deleted the quest you can get it from sweeper-bot

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:22 (2149 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

did you guys beat it?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 08:38 (2149 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Yes

by squidnh3, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 08:56 (2149 days ago) @ Kermit

But only after quite a few more screw ups.

Cool.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:27 (2149 days ago) @ squidnh3

It felt good to get through Dogs and Gauntlet on Prestige. I'm not anxious about making it through Baths like I was. Still a little anxious about completing the raid proper, but it seems doable now.

Cool.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:34 (2149 days ago) @ Kermit

It felt good to get through Dogs and Gauntlet on Prestige. I'm not anxious about making it through Baths like I was. Still a little anxious about completing the raid proper, but it seems doable now.

Baths was our group's hardest encounter in Prestige, but now that the power level cap is significantly higher it was super easy. Since the lanterns don't have any extra health in Prestige the only thing that's harder is the oil the bathers leave behind as long as you can one shot all the lanterns. The adds are a LITTLE bit tankier, but they don't wreck you like they did before.

Cool.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 11:12 (2149 days ago) @ Xenos

Baths was our group's hardest encounter in Prestige, but now that the power level cap is significantly higher it was super easy. Since the lanterns don't have any extra health in Prestige the only thing that's harder is the oil the bathers leave behind as long as you can one shot all the lanterns. The adds are a LITTLE bit tankier, but they don't wreck you like they did before.

It's definitely tougher, but once I mastered using Acrius to take care of the bathers (as chappy describes above), it seemed doable. Before I left we kept screwing up on the center plate, but those problems can be worked out.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread