Question about Override Frequency objects (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Saturday, June 02, 2018, 22:36 (2148 days ago)

I feel like I’m getting the same override frequency codes - codes to the units that I’ve previously opened.

Is this...

1. typical behavior (repeats are as designed, making the quest to find them all that much longer)?
2. my imagination and age working against me?
3. A glitch?

Question about Override Frequency objects

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, June 02, 2018, 22:51 (2148 days ago) @ Oholiab

1. typical behavior (repeats are as designed, making the quest to find them all that much longer)?

Yes. Well, it's typical and normal. I can't say if it's as intended, but I'd assume so.

There is a trick to narrow it down, though. It seems that when you craft and Override Frequency, the resulting key is never (or very rarely, maybe?) for a sleeper node that's in the area you currently occupy. So if you know you have all the nodes in an area, go to that area to craft your Override Frequencies.

This map will help, too.

by Oholiab @, Saturday, June 02, 2018, 22:57 (2148 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yes. Well, it's typical and normal. I can't say if it's as intended, but I'd assume so.

There is a trick to narrow it down, though. It seems that when you craft and Override Frequency, the resulting key is never (or very rarely, maybe?) for a sleeper node that's in the area you currently occupy. So if you know you have all the nodes in an area, go to that area to craft your Override Frequencies.

This map will help, too.

Ah yes - I’ve been using that map. I didn’t know the part about the key not being where you are typically located. Thanks for the tip!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 03, 2018, 08:28 (2148 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Do you actually get something for opening all of them?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, June 03, 2018, 08:40 (2148 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just an emblem variation for the emblem that shows how many you have.

Oh. Oops.

by Oholiab @, Monday, June 04, 2018, 14:40 (2146 days ago) @ Xenos

Just an emblem variation for the emblem that shows how many you have.

This whole time I’ve been under the impression that I had to find them all in order to get the Sleeper Simulant. I had no idea (until I read your post and googled the information) that the gun itself was a result of a MUCH larger quest.

Mea Culpa. Research first, collect later. Guess I’ll be doing a lot more patrols and events in order to earn more resonance shards, so I’m ready to go - when and if I finally make it to that step of the quest.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread