Destiny 2 "Forsaken" Year 2 reveal teaser (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 04, 2018, 10:11 (2124 days ago)

Dammit, Bungle

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 04, 2018, 10:15 (2124 days ago) @ CyberKN

Stop pulling all the right strings

Destiny 2 "Forsaken" Year 2 reveal teaser

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, June 04, 2018, 11:12 (2124 days ago) @ CyberKN

I like the look of that hunter. Hashtag bring back haggard!

Yes, please!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 04, 2018, 12:05 (2124 days ago) @ CyberKN

Definitely want to see what’s up with the Reef.

And hopefully the Fallen. The Fallen are still my favorite Destiny race. They’re so interesting to me in a way that the others just aren’t.

Yes, please!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, June 04, 2018, 12:16 (2124 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And hopefully the Fallen. The Fallen are still my favorite Destiny race. They’re so interesting to me in a way that the others just aren’t.

Same here. Knowing their story (thanks to Raga's BB posts) I kind of pity them. As I understand it, they are basically on the brink of extinction trying desperately to get the Travelers blessing of light again. (correct?) But alas, they were Forsaken.

It seems like they are the "main" enemy in Destiny but are yet to get a proper content release. Am I forgetting something?

Yes, please!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, June 04, 2018, 12:25 (2124 days ago) @ ManKitten

Well, there was House of Wolves, but that didn't really cover the larger Fallen situation that you talked about. Just the specific Fallen faction that got involved with the Awoken.

Yes, please!

by Oholiab @, Monday, June 04, 2018, 12:52 (2124 days ago) @ cheapLEY

When my three Guardians and I talk about our favorite Destiny enemy, the Fallen are always on top because they seem much more interesting and much more diverse. I also think we are partial to them because they are the first enemy we faced after being revived.

(Likewise, the bottom of our list is consistently occupied by the Taken. Oh, how we do not like the Taken!)

Yes, please!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 04, 2018, 12:54 (2124 days ago) @ Oholiab

When my three Guardians and I talk about our favorite Destiny enemy, the Fallen are always on top because they seem much more interesting and much more diverse. I also think we are partial to them because they are the first enemy we faced after being revived.

(Likewise, the bottom of our list is consistently occupied by the Taken. Oh, how we do not like the Taken!)

I think everyone can agree the Cabal are the worst :-p

A taken raid would be totally rad. The jury is still out on whether the taken are in fact race #5:

[image]

Looks kinda like no, since the pyramids look a lot like the ships at the end of Des2ny's campaign.

Yes, please!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, June 04, 2018, 13:02 (2124 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Especially since the special ending of "Enemy Of My Enemy" set at least one respected Fallen Leader up as our ally after we accepted his peace offering.

That ending is one of my favorite surprises of D2

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 04, 2018, 14:07 (2124 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

That ending is one of my favorite surprises of D2

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 04, 2018, 17:36 (2124 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It's a good example of why I find the Fallen more interesting. The Fallen are relatable. They're undoubtedly alien, but we can understand them and their motivations, and, I suspect, we could find a lot of commonality between us.

The Vex and the Hive the Taken are unknowable and unrelatable in fundamental ways. The Cabal can be understood, I suppose, but it doesn't seem like there's any common ground there. They just want to conquer.

I have a really difficult time articulating why I like the Fallen so much. I feel like we really got to know them over the course of D1. Their Archons and Kells and Houses . . . it all felt more concrete than any of the other races, for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on. Killing Draksis somehow felt more important or like a bigger accomplishment than killing a Gatelord, or, honestly, even Atheon, in certain respects. I think it's that relatability. Even the most powerful Vex is still just a giant unknowable robot.

Also they just look cool, and give me a Fallen aesthetic for my armor, please!

Mine too

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 07:32 (2123 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Is it me or...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 07:03 (2123 days ago) @ CyberKN

Does that second hunter look like Xur in hunter swag?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread