Tip: Polaris Lance Catalyst Quest (Nascent Dawn 5/5) *SP* (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 17:11 (2141 days ago)

Hokay, so after you complete the Nascent Dawn 5/5 questline, Ana gives you the Polaris Lance Catalyst, which astoundingly adds the Dragonfly perk to the already-explosive-happy Scout Rifle. Suhweet!

Problem is, Xenos and I couldn't get one of the quest elements to trigger, specifically the "50 Perfect Fifth kills" portion. The Perfect Fifth is the name of the extra explosive round that you get after landing four precision shots before reloading. We were killing dudes left and right with Perfect Fifth explosions, and we only managed to get a couple kills, but nothing seemed to be working.

I'm not sure if it's bugged, or if this is the intended behavior for the quest, but it appears that only enemies who burn out after being damaged by the Perfect Fifth explosion will count toward your quest. I've posted a small video below – the first Cabal is pretty simple to figure out, but in the second clip, ONLY the last Thrall counted toward my total. The others who died in the explosion did not count.

If you can, it helps to shoot the ground near several enemies, that way they take damage from the explosion and then hopefully the burn finishes them off. Also note that in this video, I have a Renown stack active, so my damage output is significantly reduced. Thrall tend to die completely in the explosion otherwise, so Acolytes and Vandals are probably your best bet. YMMV and all.

Good tip. Also... *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 17:25 (2141 days ago) @ Beorn

...I like the arrow. :)

Thanks! *NM*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 17:31 (2141 days ago) @ Ragashingo

...I like the arrow. :)

I hired ILM to do it.

Farm the Castellum

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 10:57 (2141 days ago) @ Beorn

Use a couple of Phalanx shields to prime that Perfect Fifth, then landing a headshot on a full health Legionary will let them survive the impact and explosion with just enough health left to burn to death.

-Disciple

Ooh, good idea!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 11:43 (2141 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread