Eververse complaint (Criticism)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 08:47 (2144 days ago)

I'm not religious about microtransactions. I don't mind them when they don't affect gameplay. I've not bought any silver for D2. This is my reaction to Bungie or whoever not letting me carry over my (rather large I'm sad to say) surplus of silver from D1. I just think that stinks. This doesn't mean I think everyone should react like I do, that people who buy silver now are bad people who must follow my lead if we're going to stick it to the man blah blah blah. I just choose not to participate this time, and it's fine. I get the cool cosmetic stuff that drops randomly, buy something once in a while with what currency I earn, and I have no worries. (I also reserve the right to change my mind and buy silver tomorrow.)

BUT ... what is it with Bungie making the Eververse icon blink when there's nothing for me there? After I go there once it seems to go away. Am I imagining this?

If this is deliberate and not a bug, bad form, Bungie. Bad form.

Eververse complaint

by squidnh3, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 08:50 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

Just do what I do, and hoard all your tokens so that everything blinks.

Eververse complaint

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 08:52 (2144 days ago) @ squidnh3

Just do what I do, and hoard all your tokens so that everything blinks.

I already do that! I don't need more blinking!

Eververse complaint

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 08:52 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

It used to blink constantly if you had a Prismatic Matrix, even if you visited but didn’t want to use it. If you had one in your inventory she would always be lit up. They fixed that in one of the last patches. Maybe this is another bug related to that, or some sort of quick workaround to make her not be lit up all the time?

I don’t think it’s intentional.

Eververse complaint

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 09:12 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

From what I've noticed, it seems to pop up on Tuesday after reset. I figured it was because she had new items in the matrix thing or available for purchase.

"Come see the new wares for this week" type thing.

Eververse complaint

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 09:43 (2144 days ago) @ ManKitten

From what I've noticed, it seems to pop up on Tuesday after reset. I figured it was because she had new items in the matrix thing or available for purchase.

Doesn't every vendor get new wares at reset, though? Every vendor's icon isn't blinking, is it?

Blink when I've got an engram or doohickey to access the Prismatic index, but otherwise don't.

Eververse complaint

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 09:46 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

Doesn't every vendor get new wares at reset, though? Every vendor's icon isn't blinking, is it?

Blink when I've got an engram or doohickey to access the Prismatic index, but otherwise don't.

You don't buy stuff with real money from the other vendors.

Sure.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 10:33 (2144 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Kermit, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 11:20

But that my point--if it's a different message than the rest of the time.

Don't compel me to come there if the only option is to buy silver.

I think this is the reason -- new stuff to buy

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 12:32 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Eververse complaint

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 10:03 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

Did you earn a prismatic matrix? If so i think it will blink. It’s not super obvious when you have one on the eververae screen.

Eververse complaint

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 10:13 (2144 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It was blinking for me before I earned one this week. I went out and did a public event, got a matrix, turned it in, and the blinking was gone.

Eververse complaint

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 10:36 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

I think it blinks if you have enough silver dust to afford something new for sale. Just inspect everything that she's selling, and eventually, it should go away for good maybe!

Eververse complaint

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 11:11 (2144 days ago) @ Korny

I think it blinks if you have enough silver dust to afford something new for sale. Just inspect everything that she's selling, and eventually, it should go away for good maybe!

This might be right. All the vendors where I have enough tokens to buy something blink; she's no different. (The difference is she stops blinking once you've looked. I guess I understand the plea for consistency. :) )

Eververse complaint

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 11:20 (2144 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This might be right. All the vendors where I have enough tokens to buy something blink; she's no different. (The difference is she stops blinking once you've looked. I guess I understand the plea for consistency. :) )

This isn't true, though, is it? I thought vendors' icons blinked only when you had enough tokens to fill their progress bar, irrespective of what they're selling. And Xur's icon doesn't blink that I can recall.

Eververse complaint

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 11:31 (2144 days ago) @ Kermit

This isn't true, though, is it? I thought vendors' icons blinked only when you had enough tokens to fill their progress bar, irrespective of what they're selling. And Xur's icon doesn't blink that I can recall.

Sorry, I misspoke; yes, I meant "level up" instead of "buy something". You don't 'level up' in Eververse, though - at least not the same way you do elsewhere. (And Xur doesn't blink, so he's another inconsistency.)

I guess if I had my druthers, I'd like her to blink only when I've got an engram to turn in - but I can understand Bungie wanting to draw attention to the one vendor that actually SELLS stuff. :)

Eververse complaint

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 12:34 (2144 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Sorry, I misspoke; yes, I meant "level up" instead of "buy something". You don't 'level up' in Eververse, though - at least not the same way you do elsewhere. (And Xur doesn't blink, so he's another inconsistency.)

I guess if I had my druthers, I'd like her to blink only when I've got an engram to turn in - but I can understand Bungie wanting to draw attention to the one vendor that actually SELLS stuff. :)

I can understand but I still don't like it. I'm treating it like bad UI design, and I'm speaking as a frustrated user.

Eververse complaint

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 07, 2018, 07:15 (2143 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I just figure Xur is allowed to break all the normal rules cause he's Xur. He feels more like a guy who opens up his trench coat and asks you if you want to buy anything than an actual vendor. I mean, how did he get all those exotics in the first place!?

Probably use 3 of coins...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 07, 2018, 07:53 (2143 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread