E3 sales are starting in earnest now. (Xbox) (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, June 08, 2018, 11:53 (2148 days ago)
edited by Korny, Friday, June 08, 2018, 12:16

Xbox Game Pass is $30 for six months on Amazon. But if you don't have it yet, be sure to grab your first month for $1 first on the Microsoft Store (so you can get seven months for $31).
Game Pass is a pretty great deal that lets you download a buttload of games that span Xbox's entire history, and you can play them as much as you want until the subscription expires. It's got a pretty solid lineup of games, and a real highlight right now is State of Decay 2, but Gears 4, Portal Knights, and Payday 2 should appeal to a lot of ya, and even that tech demo Sea of Thieves is fun is short bursts if you can get a team together (yup, still the best water in any game)!

If you preorder Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season for $20 on the MS store (and it's pretty much guaranteed to be good), you instantly get all of the Walking Dead seasons for free. It's a pretty critically acclaimed series, and that deal is pretty great.

Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition for $6.
If you want a free copy, be sure to Like, Subscribe, and let me know in the comment section below. I'll pick a "random" person to send it to through a heavily biased selection process.

Elite Dangerous for $15.
People here like it, and if it looks appealing to you, you can pick up the Deluxe edition for $36, which includes a laundry list of DLC, plus a bunch of paint jobs for your ships.

Assassin's Creed Origins for $30
The hype (and Photo Mode spam) has died down, and a new game is on the way, but people say that this entry has revitalized the dreadfully stale AC formula, so that's a plus! On the game's page, there's a link to the Deluxe Edition for $38.49, or the Gold Edition for $50, which you should probably pick up, because there's nothing but great stuff being said about the game's DLCs.

Battlefield 1: Revolution for $15
Bluerunner advocates for this game. Maybe he just wants a Squad, or maybe he's right. We'll never know. But what I do know is that Revolution includes both Battlefield 1, which had a pretty solid campaign, and the entirety of the game's season pass, along with a bunch of cosmetic bonuses. Sounds like a pretty great deal.

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition for $12
I've been playing Battlefield 4 a bit recently. It's still loads of fun, even though the servers pickings are slim. Still, since everyone's decided to go back to ye olde days, or hop to the distant future, it's the best modern-combat game out right now.

Cuphead for $16.99
It's a charming enough game, and the co-op aspect is fun. Definitely turned out way better than I thought it would.

Destiny 2 + Expansion pass for $39
I'd like to thank our follower who goes by the username "Claude Errera" for the heads up on this one. Barring any announcements in the coming week, this is the best price D2 has ever been at.

Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition for $20.09
Still great, still getting content, and it's got a huge amount of different things to do.

Some notable mentions on XBL:

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection for $20
Batman: Arkham Knight for $10
Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience for $15
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition for $10
Middle Earth: Shadow of War for $24.99
Monster Hunter World for $38.99
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition for $10
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard for $19.49
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for $6
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration for $18
Battlefront II for $19.80
The Evil Within 2 for $19.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition for $20
Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition for $45
The Division for $15
The Division: Gold Edition for $27

Thanks, I always love your sales roundups

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, June 08, 2018, 12:12 (2148 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

+1

by Robot Chickens, Friday, June 08, 2018, 12:31 (2148 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

+2

by Oholiab @, Friday, June 08, 2018, 12:34 (2148 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

E3 sales are starting in earnest now. (Xbox)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 08, 2018, 12:20 (2148 days ago) @ Korny

Bluerunner advocates for this game. Maybe he just wants a Squad, or maybe he's right. We'll never know. But what I do know is that Revolution includes both Battlefield 1, which had a pretty solid campaign, and the entirety of the game's season pass, along with a bunch of cosmetic bonuses. Sounds like a pretty great deal.

I agree with Bluerunner, Battlefield 1 is my favorite Battlefield since at least Bad Company 2, if not altogether.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 08, 2018, 12:50 (2148 days ago) @ Xenos

I agree with Bluerunner, Battlefield 1 is my favorite Battlefield since at least Bad Company 2, if not altogether.

It's one of the games that I think lived up to the hype I felt when first seeing its trailer.

I really hope Battlefield V doesn't live up to what I felt when watching its trailer.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 08, 2018, 12:57 (2148 days ago) @ bluerunner

It's one of the games that I think lived up to the hype I felt when first seeing its trailer.

I really hope Battlefield V doesn't live up to what I felt when watching its trailer.

Agreed. What they are saying about the game sounds interesting, but that trailer is such a strange and terrible trailer for a Battlefield game, especially one set in WW2.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, June 08, 2018, 13:31 (2148 days ago) @ Xenos

Man, I feel the opppsite. I thought that trailer was great, and perfectly encapsulates what playing a Battlefield game feels like. And I love the aesthetic. I’d love to see the ragtag band of resistance fighters story, historical accuracy be damned.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 08, 2018, 13:39 (2148 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Man, I feel the opppsite. I thought that trailer was great, and perfectly encapsulates what playing a Battlefield game feels like. And I love the aesthetic. I’d love to see the ragtag band of resistance fighters story, historical accuracy be damned.

I'm totally fine with the lack of historical accuracy in multiplayer, that doesn't bother me in the least. I just really prefer the trailers for BF1 that showed how harrowing the war was while still giving glimpses into the stuff that's going to be in the game. This felt much more "War is fun!" which to me is a weird way to introduce a game where they say they are going to put in dramatic stories about WWII. I think if this had been the 2nd or 3rd trailer I would've been a lot more okay with it.

BF1 was amazing.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, June 11, 2018, 07:47 (2145 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by MacAddictXIV, Monday, June 11, 2018, 08:10

I'm totally fine with the lack of historical accuracy in multiplayer, that doesn't bother me in the least. I just really prefer the trailers for BF1 that showed how harrowing the war was while still giving glimpses into the stuff that's going to be in the game. This felt much more "War is fun!" which to me is a weird way to introduce a game where they say they are going to put in dramatic stories about WWII. I think if this had been the 2nd or 3rd trailer I would've been a lot more okay with it.

I haven't really played any of the Battlefield games, but this game was amazing. The fact that was split up into a bunch of mini-stories across WW2 was a great choice. As far as I could tell, when I fact checked the story line a bit was that it's fairly accurate in terms of what happened and what they use. For example when there was fighting in the alps, the Swiss (I think?) fought the Germans they actually wore giant plates of armor as a front guard because in the alps there was a ton of shale type rock that turned every explosion into shrapnel which would just shred troops.

It was little details like that shit that just made the game for me. It explained and made it feel that much more real. Which I might add was at times very sad and depressing. But it was a damned good solo campaign. I never touched muliplayer because I'm not a big fan of PvP in general but It was fine by me because the single player was worth the cost of the game.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 11, 2018, 08:13 (2145 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

If you search out some of the multiplayer maps locations in real life, you'll see that they put a lot of effort into having the maps look like the actual battlefields. You can even see ot when you zoom in on Google maps.

I drove up Monte Grappa to see the area the map is based on the last time I was in Italy, but the snow was too thick for my little rental car, and I wiped out on a trail and busted my knee wide open before I could hike to the top.

Own it; never played it.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, June 11, 2018, 08:17 (2145 days ago) @ Xenos

I bought it just because I liked the Battlefield BC-4 games so much. If there is a time predicted for a group going, let me know I'd like to feel like I got some value out of it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread