Holy Sh- ...Well. *SP* (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 11, 2018, 18:32 (2139 days ago)

You beat me to it!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 18:42 (2139 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That was freaking cool. Prince Uldren's not screwing around, huh?

Paging CruelLEGACEY... :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:22 (2139 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I’m so happy right now ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 18:27 (2138 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

I’m so happy right now ;)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 18:32 (2138 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm glad you're still around. I was starting to wonder.

*SP*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:25 (2139 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:43

[image]

Also... based on the Reddit response, Uldren just put a target on his back. Twice so for those who main Hunters.

Edit: Looks like someone on Reddit called it 4 days ago. Note Urks response.

*SP* Speculation:

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 21:07 (2137 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

After reading the reddit thread, they make a good case. We can only hope the story is that good.

I'd love to see Cayde-7 as a non-guardian, rezzed by rasputin, and acting as rasputin's mouthpiece/herald that we interact with in D3.

*SP* Speculation:

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 21:15 (2137 days ago) @ slycrel

After reading the reddit thread, they make a good case. We can only hope the story is that good.

I'd love to see Cayde-7 as a non-guardian, rezzed by rasputin, and acting as rasputin's mouthpiece/herald that we interact with in D3.

I hope Bungie’s not lying and he’s dead. Dead forever. If he comes back, we’re officially at the point where nothing that happens in the story means anything at all.

*SP* Speculation:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 21:21 (2137 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I hope Bungie’s not lying and he’s dead. Dead forever. If he comes back, we’re officially at the point where nothing that happens in the story means anything at all.

But will it mean anything anyway? Will his death change the other characters in a meaningful and permanent way? Or will everything continue on as normal like every other piece of story?

It's not enough to stay dead. The death has to be meaningful in the narrative, manifesting with actual change in characters and situations and register with them emotionally.

Also I do not know why the hell they would lead with this if it's true he stays dead. This makes me suspect that it will not in fact be meaningful as mentioned above even if it's permanent.

Text from the Video Description on Youtube *SP*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:34 (2139 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:37

Take justice into your own hands as you venture into a new frontier filled with enemies, allies, and untold mysteries and treasures waiting to be uncovered. The hunt is on.

The Reef has fallen to lawlessness, and now the most-wanted criminals in the galaxy – the Barons & Uldren Sov – have organized a jailbreak at the Prison of Elders. You and Cayde-6 have been sent in to bring law and order back to the embattled facility, but things do not go to plan. Facing insurmountable odds, Cayde-6 ends up paying the ultimate price. Beyond the Vanguard’s authority, you’ll venture into the Reef alone and take justice into your own hands. Explore new regions, awaken new powers, earn a wealth of new weapons, and uncover lost Awoken secrets. The hunt is on.

Text from the Video Description on Youtube

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:38 (2139 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

There's no way Cayde-6 is going to be dead at the end of this thing, right?

I think it'd go a long way towards showing that the threats we face genuinely are dangerous and that there are consequences, but I just have a hard time believing they're really going to kill Cayde-6, especially when they do it in a trailer.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:41 (2139 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The lyrics do seem to imply an unwillingness to let go. Is it a song written just for this trailer?

Other things of note, there are 8 Fallen behind Uldren. Haven't made anything else out in the smoke and what-not.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:42 (2139 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There's no way Cayde-6 is going to be dead at the end of this thing, right?

I think it'd go a long way towards showing that the threats we face genuinely are dangerous and that there are consequences, but I just have a hard time believing they're really going to kill Cayde-6, especially when they do it in a trailer.

They shot his ghost.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 01:16 (2138 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Looking forward to Cayde 7 at some point.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 08:09 (2138 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Yeah, I thought the same. Seems too big of an opportunity to pass up, with the 7.

Of all the Vanguard, he's the one that can suffer a death even without his Ghost, assuming there's a backup of him somewhere. It's his Gandalf the Grey-->Gandalf the White moment.

Which really makes sense, given we're going to be hanging out in Space-Rivendell.

~M

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 08:12 (2138 days ago) @ Malagate

Yeah, I thought the same. Seems too big of an opportunity to pass up, with the 7.

Of all the Vanguard, he's the one that can suffer a death even without his Ghost, assuming there's a backup of him somewhere. It's his Gandalf the Grey-->Gandalf the White moment.

Which really makes sense, given we're going to be hanging out in Space-Rivendell.

~M

I just really hope that Bungie doesn't get him back too soon. We need to forget about him before we can remember him again. If we just find his corpse and do a simple reboot and find him a ghost... uggg that would be worse than not killing him.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 08:20 (2138 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

~M

I just really hope that Bungie doesn't get him back too soon. We need to forget about him before we can remember him again. If we just find his corpse and do a simple reboot and find him a ghost... uggg that would be worse than not killing him.

Agree.

Also, the lyrics in the song talking about letting go...didn't he originally undergo the Exo process to protect people he loves? Maybe it's a subtle reference to what he's losing by being wiped again?

Frankly, there are a number of compelling directions this could go. If he really is going to be seen again, I expect there to be a triumphant moment where he gets AoS back from Uldren.

PS - Been waiting for the return of the Queen for some time. Hopefully that's in the cards, too.

~M

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 10:01 (2138 days ago) @ Malagate

~M

Agree.

Also, the lyrics in the song talking about letting go...didn't he originally undergo the Exo process to protect people he loves? Maybe it's a subtle reference to what he's losing by being wiped again?

Frankly, there are a number of compelling directions this could go. If he really is going to be seen again, I expect there to be a triumphant moment where he gets AoS back from Uldren.

PS - Been waiting for the return of the Queen for some time. Hopefully that's in the cards, too.

~M

I like these options.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 12:09 (2138 days ago) @ Malagate

I do want that to happen, but not here. This story seems like it's focusing on Uldren and getting back at him. If the Queen does return, I want her to have her own story.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 10:01 (2138 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

~M

Also agreed. I'm not even advocating that they bring him back, but... this is basically a comic-book universe where heroes and villains can be reborn on demand. We killed Oryx twice. Sepiks prime like 5 times. Banshee, poor Banshee. I just don't think they have the narrative balls to let his death be final. Hopefully, as you say, they'll let him rest long enough for it to be meaningful.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 10:07 (2138 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Unless it turns out that he was working with Uldren and faked his death to some end we don't yet know.

Wait... *SP*

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:56 (2139 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Ace of Spades doesn't have firefly now?

Wait... *SP*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 00:27 (2138 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ace of Spades doesn't have firefly now?

Guess it was a body shot.

Chekhov's spaceship

by Funkmon @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 23:13 (2138 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I think we talked about the ship during a Rampancy.net playthrough and were satisfied that it existing and Uldren being mentioned meant that he was going to be in the next expansion.

I hope the queen comes back though. :(

Holy Sh- ...Well. *SP*

by Durandal, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 05:44 (2138 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Very Sad, Nathen Fillion/Cap. Mal/Cap. Hammer/Cap. Tightpants/Cayde-6 is one of my favorite characters in Destiny.

Holy Sh- ...Well. *SP*

by Coaxkez, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 14:07 (2138 days ago) @ Durandal

For a long time, he was the only character in Destiny.

Probably a stupid question, but...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 14:24 (2138 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by ManKitten, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 14:32

...I AM the village idiot, so it's what I do.

We got our light back in the campaign but did everyone else when the Traveler pulsed?

^^ D2 campaign ending spoiler ^^

Because why did his ghost do nothing?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 15:23 (2138 days ago) @ ManKitten

They shot his Ghost first thing, like five seconds into the trailer.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 06:04 (2137 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Makes you wonder why nobody else ever does that.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 06:21 (2137 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Eh, he was floating there for a good amount of time. Enough time to do SOMETHING. But also, it's pretty obvious that Cayde was done. He was accepting what was happening. So ghost was probably just as confused.

Like I said...it was a stupid question :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread