E3 2018 | Sony - Make Believe Everything is Shiny (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:22 (2143 days ago)

Shiny things like...

Spider-Man
Death Stranding
Nioh 2
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Control
Ghost of Tsushima (Embed to dodge age gate)

The Last Of Us 2 (Embed to dodge age gate)

Oh. And that Destiny thing. *SP*

E3 2018 | Sony - Make Believe Everything is Shiny

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:28 (2143 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Good show.

The Last of Us looked incredible. Naughty Dog truly are masters of their craft. That animation is so good.

Ghost of Tsushima looks interesting. Those big open fields are gorgeous. The combat looks interesting. I wonder if the game will really be HUDless like that.

Spider-Man looks cool. Combat looks fluid and fun, and it does look to be at least slightly more than just the Batman style combat.

Death Stranding . . . man, who knows? What the hell is that game?

That Remedy game looks really cool. Definitely interested.

Or how Sony has a worse presentation than . . .

by Harmanimus @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:28 (2143 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

. . . EA did. Like. I have a couple highly positive feelings. But mostly I just don't understand what exactly Sony was doing.

Death Stranding hype, tho.

Really?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:32 (2143 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It was an odd show, paced weird. But those games looked great.

I'd say Microsoft still had the best conference, but there's something to be said for having four strong games (okay, three, Death Stranding was a poor showing) that are only available on Playstation that look that good.

Really?

by Harmanimus @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:43 (2143 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Of the games only TLOU2, Death Stranding, and Spiderman have any interest from me. The Forsaken trailer felt like a random drop in.

Otherwise everything that their show did pretty much just left a bad taste in my mouth. They literally could have just done a trailer/gameplay roll and I think it would have been a more enjoyable experience.

Really?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 19:51 (2143 days ago) @ Harmanimus

They literally could have just done a trailer/gameplay roll and I think it would have been a more enjoyable experience.

I mean, that's basically what they did, isn't it? Other than The Last of Us stuff at the beginning.

Really?

by Harmanimus @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 20:00 (2143 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Except for the weird live commentary. And repeated solo musical presentations. And terrible animation interludes. And other really poor choices for the structure and execution of their presentation. I would have preferred a literal trailer reel.

Really?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 11, 2018, 20:10 (2143 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Bethesda ~ Microsoft > Ubisoft > Sony >>> EA

EA was a cringe-fest with a very weird reveal for Anthem. Sony was pretty much just a 'slide-show' of trailers, but it achieved what they set out to do.

The Directing, Crowd Audio, and “fake newscast” were awful!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 11, 2018, 20:36 (2143 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Like, the games were hit or miss, but the presentation beyond the games was super embarrassing. It was like watching the weekend production crew at the 3rd string TV News station in town.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 20:50 (2143 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Like, the games were hit or miss, but the presentation beyond the games was super embarrassing. It was like watching the weekend production crew at the 3rd string TV News station in town.

I don't know how common it is elsewhere, but the main news channel in my area is connected to Mizzou. Journalism students basically do the whole thing, and it's awful. it's and endless parade of college kids stuttering their way through newscasts with shoddy production and missed cues all the time. It's genuinely awful pretty often.

I'll agree, that aspect of the show was bad. But I watch the Giant Bomb coverage of the E3 conferences, which means I got to listen to the Giant Bomb crew talk over those segments, so it wasn't bad.

The games they showed were more than strong enough to make up for any production issues. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as EA's awkward show, despite how hard Andrea Rene tried to pull it together.

Microsoft was far and away the best conference in terms of tone and production, but, again, I think there's a lot to be said for showing significant gameplay demos of strong exclusive games, and that makes up for a lot of issues.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 11, 2018, 21:11 (2143 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah... the only game that interested me at all was the Samurai one. (And obviously Destiny.) The twenty minutes of Death Stranding... was not fun. Or comprehensible. What was up with those strange CGI guys playing like one music note? I thought maybe it was building to something... but no.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread