Some good Forsaken tidbits from PC Gamer: (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 18:10 (2144 days ago)

If you haven't seen the newest trailer, this contains spoilers. I hesitate to call them spoilers, because it's the entire point of that marketing material, and I can't imagine anyone going into Forsaken without this information, but you've been warned. I'm not going to mark those spoilers, because they're far enough down the page and it's annoying.

Can you pull stuff out of your collection like you would an exotic kiosk?

Taylor: Yeah, you can pull out exotics, you can pull out the Year 1 stuff, and then for the Forsaken random rolls, we're gonna dive into the details of that soon. Shaders you'll be able to pull out as well.

That's great. I'm always thirsty for more Metro Shift, that's good news.

Taylor: There's other things we're doing too, like increasing the vault space. All these things together make it so you're going to have a lot of fun chasing a bunch of different collections.

If a Better Devils drops in year two, will it now have random perks? Or will it be like it was in Year 1? And we can bring the power up through infusion?

Taylor: The random rolls are gonna be focused on the Year 2 weapons, but you can infuse the Year 1 weapons and bring them with you. If you love Better Devils, by all means bring it, but you won't be getting those random perks.

Will those Year 1 weapons no longer be dropping?

Taylor: They will still drop, but they won't have those random perks.

And you'll be able to mod the Year 1 guns?

Taylor: I don't have a specific answer for you on that.

. . . .

And you can't put it out there only to take it back.

Taylor: He's dead. He is dead. I will 100 percent confirm Cayde's dead. We want people to understand the stakes here. You should really hate the people who did this.

I like Uldren being a human-sized antagonist.

Barrett: Yeah, he's someone who can actually talk to you and say things you can relate to. I think that's gonna be really, really cool.

Taylor: And Uldren is able to vocalize what he's doing and why, and you'll very clearly understand why he's doing this.

In past Destiny expansions, the big bad usually ends up in a raid. Would you consider a raid possible with that kind of character rather than some enormous creature?

Taylor: I'll tell you something about the raid. I'll tell you that the raid is connected story-wise to all of this. The raid is directly related to the story of Forsaken. It's not a side thing. It is an ultimate culmination of everything that you've learned, but that doesn't mean the obvious thing.

Lots of good info and teases in there. I encourage you all to go read the the full interview. I liked Leviathan and the raid lairs, but I'm glad to see a return to the raid being directly connected to the story. Not that the Calus subplot isn't important, because I think it will be eventually. I just like the tone of assaulting an enemy lair, and the "revenge" aspect of Forsaken makes a raid super appealing in that regard.

Good info on weapons. I didn't think Year 1 weapons would be left behind again, but good to have that confirmation, and it's good that they quashed any expectations of random rolls for old gear from the get go.

Some good Gambit info:

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 20:38 (2142 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread