Forsaken will expand the Tower. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 13:15 (2137 days ago)

I’m listening to the Waypoint podcast and they talk about Forsaken. No really new info, but they did mention that Bungie said the Tower is going to expand and get new vendors. There will be no new social hub.

I think that’s awesome. As cool as the Reef was, adding multiple social spaces ends up more messy and annoying than anything. The Tower is also just such a cool space, so opening up new areas is really exciting for me.

What are the chances D3 sees us return to a rebuilt D1 Tower?

Forsaken will expand the Tower.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 13:25 (2137 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think that’s awesome. As cool as the Reef was, adding multiple social spaces ends up more messy and annoying than anything.

I too forgot that the Farm exists.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 13:43 (2137 days ago) @ bluerunner

I think that’s awesome. As cool as the Reef was, adding multiple social spaces ends up more messy and annoying than anything.

The reef had unique functionality. It was the only place for Prison of Elder's sigils, and Trails of Osiris boons. The farm has no unique functionality, and is missing almost everything the tower has.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 13:49 (2137 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The reef had unique functionality. It was the only place for Prison of Elder's sigils, and Trails of Osiris boons. The farm has no unique functionality, and is missing almost everything the tower has.

I was just pointing out that we already do have multiple social spaces in D2. Other than a short stop in the story, there's no point in the Farm existing. It would be a fun multiplayer map. Maybe they can make it one sometime.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 13:51 (2137 days ago) @ bluerunner

I was just pointing out that we already do have multiple social spaces in D2. Other than a short stop in the story, there's no point in the Farm existing. It would be a fun multiplayer map. Maybe they can make it one sometime.

Make the farm an LFG zone. Go there to leave details about what you want to play and when, then add guardians to your fireteam with whom you want to play. Not my idea, but a good one.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 14:23 (2137 days ago) @ bluerunner

It just existed to postpone the new!Tower reveal. That's everything that The Farm really existed for. Which is kind of sad. I definitely think, as Cody points out, some unique functionality would be nice. Even the Iron Temple had unique functions.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 14:48 (2137 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It just existed to postpone the new!Tower reveal. That's everything that The Farm really existed for. Which is kind of sad. I definitely think, as Cody points out, some unique functionality would be nice. Even the Iron Temple had unique functions.

Making it an LFG thing could be neat. But the Reef was just a different set of vendors. That’s more inconvenient than neat. And while it’s not a huge deal, the novelty of a new social space wore off quickly. I’m glad to see them opt to just expand the existing social space instead.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 14:30 (2137 days ago) @ bluerunner

I agree.

"Cayde enjoys blowing stuff up and seeing things go boom. He has cleared out The Farm and invited all Guardians to bring their heavy weapons out to the country. "Cayde's Brigade" features ONLY heavy weapons and uses The Farm as a PvP map. (with VO from Cayde)"

Summer Camp

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 06:07 (2136 days ago) @ Cody Miller

D2 should have a Summer Camp mode, where all the Tower vendors move to the farm.

Is that really necessary?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 06:06 (2136 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I mean, the new Tower is already bigger than the old one.

Plus I think there's going to be some free space opening up in the hangar area...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 06:14 (2136 days ago) @ narcogen

Plus I think there's going to be some free space opening up in the hangar area...

I feel like we don't need more area, we have plenty of area to put more stuff into.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 06:22 (2136 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I feel like we don't need more area, we have plenty of area to put more stuff into.

We need more spawn point choices so I don't have to spend so much time running from end to end. I loaded in Tuesday and had flashing icons at Cayde and DO only. It spawned me at Ikora.

Wait What?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 08:36 (2136 days ago) @ bluerunner

We need more spawn point choices so I don't have to spend so much time running from end to end. I loaded in Tuesday and had flashing icons at Cayde and DO only. It spawned me at Ikora.

Wait What?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 09:05 (2136 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I think they spawn you at a different location if the normal spawn location is completely full. So if 6-8 players are in the process of spawning in, then it will spawn you at Ikora.

Weeeiiiirrrrd, thanks!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 09:07 (2136 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Weeeiiiirrrrd, thanks!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:04 (2136 days ago) @ kidtsunami

That's happened several times for me. Never happens when I have a package waiting on that end of the Tower.

Weeeiiiirrrrd, thanks!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 12:26 (2136 days ago) @ bluerunner

That's happened several times for me. Never happens when I have a package waiting on that end of the Tower.

The first two times it happened for me, I was coming back from a Meditation. I thought it was working as planned! I had no clue I was just getting super-lucky.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:00 (2136 days ago) @ narcogen

The new location needs to be below the main level and connected to both the hangar and the bazaar. That way we can just run a loop through the Tower instead is spawning in the middle and running to one side then all the way back to the other side.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:01 (2136 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The new location needs to be below the main level and connected to both the hangar and the bazaar. That way we can just run a loop through the Tower instead is spawning in the middle and running to one side then all the way back to the other side.

The Farm was great because all the vendors were centrally located, and the puzzles and soccer were located around the edges. The linear shape of the Tower with vendors spread far apart is a poor layout. Circular would be an improvement. I wouldn't mind having air vent/man cannons that shot you from side to side, but I don't think they could do that since there are loading zones between each section.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread