Favorite part of E3: Jeff Gerstmann interviews Phil Spencer (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 13:51 (2136 days ago)

It's probably well known I love Giant Bomb. They lean much more towards being entertaining than being informative, and I know people take issue with that.

Their E3 coverage is always great. I watch their press conference coverage rather than watching the actual conferences. They have a good mix of long time industry experience (mainly Jeff and Brad) who can offer neat context for some things, and dumb goofy fun (Dan Ryckert loudly proclaiming, "Wait, so pirates just stole shit?" during the Skull and Bones to the astonishment of literally everyone else).

Their best stuff by far, though, is their nightly streams. They sit down with other journalists and developers and industry professionals and just talk about E3 and what's being shown and laugh and joke. They strike a fine line between professionalism and casual conversation, and I really like it. It's always entertaining and often informative and always interesting.

Every year, Jeff has a long one on one with Phil Spencer from Xbox, and it's always fascinating. It's not exactly hard hitting, but it always seems to go deeper than the usual PR-speak interviews that are common around E3. It's worth a watch, I think.

Favorite part of E3: Jeff Gerstmann interviews Phil Spencer

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 17:10 (2136 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I do enjoy listening to Phil Spencer. He seems very passionate about games whihc is important form someone in his position.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread