Nice to know nobody cares (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 11:04 (2107 days ago)

Nice to know nobody cares

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 11:28 (2107 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-06-12-detroit-become-human-is-the-fastest-quantic-dream-game-to-reach-one...

Maybe the court of public opinion could just be a loud minority... Huh. Imagine that.

Anyway, I know that the allegations (key word there) have zero bearing on whether or not I'll be getting the game (it's on our family night backlog for the next month or so).

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 12:21 (2107 days ago) @ Cody Miller

High volumes of people likely didn’t hear about the situation.

I won’t be buying it because I think David Cage is a trash hack anyway. But the long-standing and high volume of conduct allegations definitely make it easier to pass.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 14:58 (2107 days ago) @ Harmanimus

High volumes of people likely didn’t hear about the situation.

I won’t be buying it because I think David Cage is a trash hack anyway. But the long-standing and high volume of conduct allegations definitely make it easier to pass.

Agreed all around. I don’t know how Quantic Dream keeps getting money. Their games are bad.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 15:16 (2107 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I read a suggestion it was because Sony keeps trying to “elevate storytelling” and to have the auteur sensibility. Honestly they should just give that money to Kojima. Would be better spent.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 16:30 (2107 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I read a suggestion it was because Sony keeps trying to “elevate storytelling” and to have the auteur sensibility.

Well, David Cage definitely isn't doing that. I shouldn't shit talk Quantic Dream so much, I guess. It's clear they have talented developers there. Detroit is absolutely gorgeous, a technical showcase. And the branching story paths are great, maybe the best version of that we've seen in a game yet.

They just need writers to write something that's not dogshit.

Honestly they should just give that money to Kojima. Would be better spent.

Kojima tells bad stories, too, but at least his are entertaining in a ridiculous and silly way.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 20:54 (2106 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Kojima tells bad stories, too, but at least his are entertaining in a ridiculous and silly way.

MGS4's story was bad on purpose. He was shackled to MGS and wanted out, hence his version of Springtime for Hitler.

MGS5's story was bad, but not for lack of trying.

Everything else fucking rules.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 21:43 (2106 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I tend to derive enjoyment from interacting with the things Kojima is responsible for. Stories driven to the edge of madness out of purpose or spite is neither here nor there. Everyone knows he was done with MGS with 3 but Konami-something-something.

And I don’t doubt that QD has many talented developers. But Heavy Rain is on a bery short list of games that I wish I could get my money back on. And I didn’t even pay for it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 20:51 (2106 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Agreed all around. I don’t know how Quantic Dream keeps getting money. Their games are bad.

The writing is bad. The games feature some of the most complex and compelling interactive narrative mechanics ever in video games.

This shit sandwich is crafted by artisans.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 23:27 (2106 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I agree.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 15:57 (2107 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Nice To Know It’s PS4 Exclusive!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, June 21, 2018, 23:18 (2106 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:10 (2103 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-06-12-detroit-become-human-is-the-fastest-quantic-dream-game-to-reach-one...

I don't know about allegations, but is the thing they are crowing about a real success? It says fastest selling game from Quantic. I don't think they have ever really set the world on fire with sales, have they? Is one million a lot? do the compares on this exceed the growth in install base? I don't know the industry well enough to say how these sales numbers compare to other things.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread