All praise SSD! (External sales) (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, June 23, 2018, 09:22 (2128 days ago)

No, I'm not getting the old gang back together (yet).

Just wanted to let y'all know about a great SSD deal that you can use as an external (or internal) drive, since I use an external and load into things way before my teammates.
Is it any good? Well, reviews are all over the place, but generally it's gotten good reviews on Amazon, so that's a plus (especially for the price).

960Gb SSD for $149 (Be sure to use promo code AD26!)

That said, if you want roughly four times the storage space for almost half the price, I use a WD HDD. It requires an outlet to power, but I haven't had any issue with it, and like I said, I'm often at the first objective in D2 strikes by the time my teammates load in.

WD 4TB external for $80 on Amazon

All praise SSD! (External sales)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 23, 2018, 09:31 (2128 days ago) @ Korny

That said, if you want roughly four times the storage space for almost half the price, I use a WD HDD. It requires an outlet to power, but I haven't had any issue with it, and like I said, I'm often at the first objective in D2 strikes by the time my teammates load in.

WD 4TB external for $80 on Amazon

I actually did not know you could use an external hard disk on a PS4. Cool.

But there are only 2 USB ports… one to power the mixamp for the Astros, and the other to charge the controller. Do hubs work?

All praise SSD! (External sales)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, June 23, 2018, 09:42 (2128 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I actually did not know you could use an external hard disk on a PS4. Cool.

Yeah, the feature was added relatively recently (I think about a year ago?).

They might be having problems...

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, June 23, 2018, 12:13 (2128 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Just tested it, it's working for me on desktop and phone.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, June 23, 2018, 12:25 (2128 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

Both Firefox on PC and Chrome on my phone open the page, even with a hard refresh.

Just tested it, it's working for me on desktop and phone.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, June 23, 2018, 12:59 (2128 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Both Firefox on PC and Chrome on my phone open the page, even with a hard refresh.

Was able to access the page on Safari, but the cart timed out until I turned off adblocking. Even with blocking off, Chrome will NOT load any page on that website. (It DID, the first time I visited, but when I went to sign in, it started throwing up Access Denied messages, and now throws them for every link I try.)

I guess Chrome did something that made it seem like a threat.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread